SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

QB Conor Blount has received a PWO from Wisco. 

IMO, UND needs to put the full court press on this kid and offer a scholarship. It's foolish to not go for a scholarship QB in this class; not to mention, this Blount kid is good and mobile like Studsrud. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hopefully it reaffirms his commitment. Add Dre Randolph and keep Cloyd and this class will look pretty solid. Wish we could have kept Chinn though.

That would be fantastic if cloyd was reaffirming and randoplh would commit.  The class would look fantastic with the exception of a scholly qb.  One last thing would make my day...."please come back elijah"!!  Please

Just now, Longtime fan said:

That would be fantastic if cloyd was reaffirming and randoplh would commit.  The class would look fantastic with the exception of a scholly qb.  One last thing would make my day...."please come back elijah"!!  Please

Agreed. Say Elijah were to change his mind and re-enroll in the fall, would he have to sit out the year? I would imagine he would but don't know the rules. 

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Agreed. Say Elijah were to change his mind and re-enroll in the fall, would he have to sit out the year? I would imagine he would but don't know the rules. 

I believe it would take a lot of summer work if he could at all be elgible.  That's without knowing how his fall courses went. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

It all depends on how many credit he has passed so far. There are bench marks that need to be met each year to stay eligible.

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

IMO, UND needs to put the full court press on this kid and offer a scholarship. It's foolish to not go for a scholarship QB in this class; not to mention, this Blount kid is good and mobile like Studsrud. 

Agreed, I don't want them to offer a scholly QB just to offer one, but I think this kid looks really solid on tape, and seems to fit the mold of what Bubba saw in Studs. Hope they take a good hard looks.

Also really liked #85 that Blount was throwing to in his Jr. tape reel. Unfortunately, it looks like he went to NIU last year.

Blount, Dre, and keeping Cloyd and I don't think you could ask for much more in this recruiting class. It looks pretty solid.

11 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Randolph has apparently decommitted from Army, per his twitter.

Are we sure we would want this kid....I mean he is decommitting and changing his mind and going from one school and now looking to go somewhere else.....    I am being sarcastic here and joking....but I do find it funny sometimes when a kid decommits from us to go somewhere else some people question the kids integrity, but if a kid changes their mind to come here we are all  loving it.   Hope he ends up here.

• Upvote 1

I'm not remembering many UND posters questioning the integrity of a recruit changing their minds - and it usually gets shot down very quickly. Bottom line is you want kids who want to be here and I am certain that is even more true at Army where the scholarships come with a service committment. 

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Are we sure we would want this kid....I mean he is decommitting and changing his mind and going from one school and now looking to go somewhere else.....    I am being sarcastic here and joking....but I do find it funny sometimes when a kid decommits from us to go somewhere else some people question the kids integrity, but if a kid changes their mind to come here we are all  loving it.   Hope he ends up here.

And how is this situation similar to a recruit that knew he had 2 visits in back-to-back weekends and committed both times....??? For comparison purposes UND and SDSU are comparable, how does Army compare, well it is a different world.  Army football in my opinion plays football for moral victories, their purpose is much greater and more noble than football.

• Upvote 3