SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Former player of interest Jacques Perra (QB) is transferring out of Minnesota. Odd man out after Seth Green changed flipped to UM from Oregon. Not sure which staff (or if both) showed interest in Perra during high school. Has 3 years of eligibility left assuming a transfer out of FBS.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-qb-perra-to-transfer-to-another-school/364528141/

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Former player of interest Jacques Perra (QB) is transferring out of Minnesota. Odd man out after Seth Green changed flipped to UM from Oregon. Not sure which staff (or if both) showed interest in Perra during high school. Has 3 years of eligibility left assuming a transfer out of FBS.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-qb-perra-to-transfer-to-another-school/364528141/

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him, but I'm sure he will go to a place where he has a legit chance to start. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him, but I'm sure he will go to a place where he has a legit chance to start. 

Agree, just not sure where that would be if he wants to stay in the area and stay at the D-1 level. He's the same age as Studsrud but has 1 more year of playing time left. No clue if he's on the radar at all, just mentioning it because UND previously had interest of some level.

I seen in the article I read in the Pioneer Press that Perra is leaning on his high school coach for guidance. Its a guy with the last name Simdorm. I doubt he is going to advise him to go to UND. Why couldn't the last name be Otto, Kovash, Wagner or Klosterman.

Just started following him yesterday.  Before signing with Navy out of high school, had offers from Southern Illinois, Florida A&M, Tennessee Tech and Presbyterian.

When they sign with an academy and go to their prep school, I don't believe their NCAA clock starts ticking, so he should be able to redshirt if needed.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bang said:

I seen in the article I read in the Pioneer Press that Perra is leaning on his high school coach for guidance. Its a guy with the last name Simdorm. I doubt he is going to advise him to go to UND. Why couldn't the last name be Otto, Kovash, Wagner or Klosterman.

who knows. doesn't Bubba try to talk with every coach in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

17 hours ago, bang said:

So does this coach named Simdorm explicitly dislike UND or are you just speculating? UND needs to add a scholarship QB in every recruiting class, in my opinion, so Bubba and staff should at least consider Perra. 

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So does this coach named Simdorm explicitly dislike UND or are you just speculating? UND needs to add a scholarship QB in every recruiting class, in my opinion, so Bubba and staff should at least consider Perra. 

I'd assume he'st talking about Chris Simdorn.  Some guy who used to play for some team called the Bison back in the day...;)

http://www.rosevilleraiderfootball.com/page/show/928462-varsity-head-coach-chris-simdorn

36 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Good looking athlete. Best of luck to him at the University of North Dakota.

UND can never have enough quality athletes, especially those who are considered talented enough to play FBS ball. 

Looking at him to play DB, we need some packages with 3 corners in the game for certain teams and certain situations in games.  Good to see us addressing the coverage need with Holm, Chinn, and now Hunt, to add to Harris, Sills, and Carter.  I suppose if Holm, Chinn, or Hunt gets a little more weight on their bones Safety is also an option.  I be surprised if the Holm kid redshirts, he looks ready to go, very good speed and ball skills.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree with you we should get a cable quarterback in every class. Chris Simdorm was a QB for the Bison in the late 80's early 90's. I believe he even won the Harlon Hill. Probably not a big fan of UND and surely a huge fan of NDSU.

1 hour ago, ericpnelson said:

who knows. doesn't Bubba try to talk with every coach in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

He might but it would be hard to get a former Bison into giving recommendations to go to UND. Although Feeney has had a few players end up at UND.

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I wouldn't put too much into Simdorm playing at NDSU.  It's his job, and moral responsibility, to guide young men and put them in a position to be successful.  I don't see NDSU needing a QB, and you could make the argument that UND needs another this class cause we still have some uncertainties. (starter gets banged up, back-up situation is not ideal with one guy that doesn't fit the system and the other hasn't played a down)  Feeney had no issues with the Lawrence kid going to UND.....he wishes NDSU was a little hotter on him, but when it came down to what was best for Lawrence, Feeney supported it and said good things about the staff under Bubba.

I really hope your right. He would be a real nice addition.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Who cares!  According to some here, we can just take his scholarship away if he doesn't play!  ;)

"Nice guys finish last?"

That adage particularly fits well with today's world of division I college football. If you want to win playoff games and championships, you better be willing to make difficult decisions, including the discontinuation of football scholarships for football reasons. Being respectful and sympathetic does not fill seats and generate revenue on gameday, but winning games does. 

• Upvote 1