SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

Hey darryls, it looks like your benchmark for an fbs move up is thinking about dropping football all the way down to the division II level or lower.  Eastern Michigan in case you want to play dumb.

talk to enough elitist libtard profs around und and we wouldn't have ANY sports here

12 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

Hey darryls, it looks like your benchmark for an fbs move up is thinking about dropping football all the way down to the division II level or lower.  Eastern Michigan in case you want to play dumb.

When did I say EMU was our benchmark to move up. They should drop down if they can only get 4000 average in the big boy league.

How does Idaho's likely announcement tomorrow that they're dropping down to FCS affect the ability of Idaho to bring the rest of the BSC up to FBS?

Why would Idaho announce they're dropping down only to bring everyone up in a couple months when this alleged vote takes place?  I'd think they'll get a lot of negative PR for announcing they're dropping down to FCS.

Also, how do Fullerton's comments in this article give anyone hope in an FBS Big Sky?  Note, this is a transcript:

ChBV-yKU4AEpIZJ.jpg

The truth is . . . 

The BSC will never join what is currently the FBS ranks, where the championship is currently a 4 team playoff.  Aint Happening.  What SV is hiding behind is that someday the G5 will not be part of the current P5 group, although today both are FBS.   If someday the P5 confs and the G5 confs have separate championships, then it would be feasible for the BSC and other current FCS conferences to join the G5 teams in the second level.   Then SV and others will then declare, "see how smart I am, we are now FBS".  

He is hoping that an FBS split will come soon, but I'm not so sure.  The current P5 conferences are having their cake and eating it too, while the G5 conferences are quietly walking behind the P5 conferences on a leash, getting a few scraps that fall from their master's hand.   Where is the need for a split?  Until the G5 stands up and becomes vocal (maybe never), the P5 will continue to tell the G5 to sit, fetch, and roll over.

Split?  What spit.  The P5 doesn't need it as this time.

Herd, is this the problem? The nomiclature? 

Ohio State is FBS. Troy State is FBS.

You've just said what SV's been saying: the G5 and the top of FCS will end up being one entity a tier below the P5 sooner than later. No where have I seen SV claim the BSC to be the sixth of the P6. He's said FBS and how the Big Sky looks like the MAC (a G5). 

If I'm wrong, please give me a link to where SV said the BSC would be part of the P5. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Herd, is this the problem? The nomiclature? 

Ohio State is FBS. Troy State is FBS.

You've just said what SV's been saying: the G5 and the top of FCS will end up being one entity a tier below the P5 sooner than later. No where have I seen SV claim the BSC to be the sixth of the P6. He's said FBS and how the Big Sky looks like the MAC (a G5). 

If I'm wrong, please give me a link to where SV said the BSC would be part of the P5. 

SV is misleading everyone into thinking that a current FCS conf will be able to move FBS in the current FBS situation with both P5/G5 groups..   The truth is, unless there is a change to the current FBS grouping, that would never happen.   If there would be an FBS split in 5 years, 10 years, then everything changes.   SV will never explain himself, that would make him accountable, and we wouldn't want that.

18 minutes ago, Herd said:

SV is misleading everyone into thinking that a current FCS conf will be able to move FBS in the current FBS situation with both P5/G5 groups..   The truth is, unless there is a change to the current FBS grouping, that would never happen.   If there would be an FBS split in 5 years, 10 years, then everything changes.   SV will never explain himself, that would make him accountable, and we wouldn't want that.

I, for one, do not believe that the BSC is going FBS.  But, even if the "rules" right now say they cannot, that doesn't mean it won't change in the future.

Basically, you are so correct about the P5.  I see it here in Fort Collins with Colorado State University.  New stadium being built on campus.  They're upgrading everything they can.  $1 billion in construction debt, which includes athletic facilities.  Over 35,000 student and President Tony Frank wants 45,000 students in 10 years.  They want to go to a P5 conference so bad for marketing purposes.  If they could, which I don't think will happen, they would ditch the MWC and leave the lower conferences in the dust.  I doubt the P5 would even schedule the lower conferences in about 10 years.  I envision 5-6 P5 conferences with 12-16 teams apiece in them...and a 8-16 team playoff for the top tier football championship.  When, not if, that happens, expect schools like NDSU (Yeah, I used NDSU), UND, SDSU, USD, Montana, Montana State, etc to do whatever it takes to jump the new second tier. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Herd said:

I thought SV said rules were going to change this summer, I am sure SV will clarify what may or may not happen in the near future.

If the second level changes, the BSC and MVFC will want to be a part of it.  No one disagrees with that at all.

But SV is saying that the BSC is going to the top level, the current FBS level.  I'm saying that has no chance of happening.

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I thought SV said rules were going to change this summer, I am sure SV will clarify what may or may not happen in the near future.

Did SV give you permission to post this Darell?   You better check in with him/her.

1 minute ago, Herd said:

But SV is saying that the BSC is going to the top level, the current FBS level.  I'm saying that has no chance of happening.

True or False: Eastern Michigan and the MAC are at the current FBS level. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

True or False: Eastern Michigan and the MAC are at the current FBS level. 

The FBS level is the 85 scholarship level that determines its champion in the college football playoff.    It has 10 conferences, including the MAC.  Of course EMU is part of the FBS, that's a given.

On 4/17/2016 at 5:21 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Expect a rule change this summer to allow FCS conference with orphan FBS teams to move up to FBS.

38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I don't believe you need any more clarification than what he posted 10 days ago.  He specifically says FCS teams will be part of FBS.  He hasn't said anything about FBS changing its tiers by 2019.

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

I don't believe you need any more clarification than what he posted 10 days ago.  He specifically says FCS teams will be part of FBS.  He hasn't said anything about FBS changing its tiers by 2019.

So count you in among bizon trolls that are clueless.

The NCAA will have a legal fight with Liberty, as it wants FBS status and has money to sue and the NCAA will almost certainly lose.  The NCAA will relax the rules to prevent a suit plus the P5 need more G5's to give cheaper guarantee games.

Idaho has scheduled out multiple FBS gamessage until 2023.  When they start cancelling them and paYing big breaches of contract fines, maybe you and bizon trolls will have a point.

33 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The NCAA will have a legal fight with Liberty, as it wants FBS status and has money to sue and the NCAA will almost certainly lose.  The NCAA will relax the rules to prevent a suit plus the P5 need more G5's to give cheaper guarantee games.

Idaho has scheduled out multiple FBS gamessage until 2023.  When they start cancelling them and paYing big breaches of contract fines, maybe you and bizon trolls will have a point.

There's the moving target me and the other bizun trolls realists have been waiting for!  This is the first time you've mentioned a Liberty lawsuit being the reason for the NCAA relaxing the rules.  None of your posts below apply to the situation with Liberty.  They all have to do with Idaho staying FBS and bringing the Big Sky with.

On 4/17/2016 at 5:21 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Expect a rule change this summer to allow FCS conference with orphan FBS teams to move up to FBS.

On 4/8/2016 at 5:00 PM, SiouxVolley said:

The NCAA will make a rule change this summer where orphan FBS teams can join FCS conferences and they can all move up to FBS if enough transition properly.  That's why the Big Sky is so anxious to lock in Idaho football.  

Congrats to Hayduke on this year old prediction!

On 3/10/2015 at 6:43 PM, Hayduke said:

If I had to bet money, I would say that Idaho would probably join the Big Sky as FCS over any FBS dreams of the Big Sky.  But, I've been wrong before...

So with 14 (assuming UI is in) is it logical to do two groups of seven? 

Just thinking on the keyboard, with that you'd probably play everyone in your seven (six games, 3H/3R alternating annually) and two from the other side to make eight conference games. How would you pick the two? Schedule out for years and let the chips fall or base next year's schedule on last year's finish? (Finish last in west and play seven and six from east the next season?)

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

There's the moving target me and the other bizun trolls realists have been waiting for!  This is the first time you've mentioned a Liberty lawsuit being the reason for the NCAA relaxing the rules.  None of your posts below apply to the situation with Liberty.  They all have to do with Idaho staying FBS and bringing the Big Sky with.

Congrats to Hayduke on this year old prediction!

It's been mentioned a bunch of times but you and bizon trolls just refuse to read my comments with any seriousness.  

The ball is now in the NCAA's court, as it can appear to be a compassionate organization toward Idaho by allow schools like it to move to FBS.  

When Idaho spends millions on breaking their existing FBS contracts through 2023, I will change my position and officially repent in your eyes.

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

It's been mentioned a bunch of times but you and bizon trolls just refuse to read my comments with any seriousness.  

The ball is now in the NCAA's court, as it can appear to be a compassionate organization toward Idaho by allow schools like it to move to FBS.  

When Idaho spends millions on breaking their existing FBS contracts through 2023, I will change my position and officially repent in your eyes.

There is no rule against FBS teams playing Idaho at either level.  Nothing changes. If Idaho announces an FCS move tomorrow, you can put a fork in the BSC to FBS projections.  It's really the right place for Idaho, let's face it.

• Downvote 1

On 4/27/2016 at 0:02 PM, southpaw said:

How does Idaho's likely announcement tomorrow that they're dropping down to FCS affect the ability of Idaho to bring the rest of the BSC up to FBS?

Why would Idaho announce they're dropping down only to bring everyone up in a couple months when this alleged vote takes place?  I'd think they'll get a lot of negative PR for announcing they're dropping down to FCS.

Also, how do Fullerton's comments in this article give anyone hope in an FBS Big Sky?  Note, this is a transcript:

ChBV-yKU4AEpIZJ.jpg

I guess this shuts down the SV Fullerton hyperbole.  BOOM.  But I guess that was just speculation. LOL

7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I'm guessing they'll reach an amicable agreement, whether that's Idaho paying the money in full, the schools coming to an agreement on a reduced amount, etc.