SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

No. Just that not making the NCAA gives a team no chance at a NC. Pretty solid....right?

that's like predicting I will make more then you in 2014. to easy

so your saying be me predicting Saturday let downs is too easy????

shouldn't the team be ready to play and finish on Saturday nites

that's like predicting I will make more then you in 2014. to easy

You really don't want to go there......

How bout this....if on the off chance I make more than you you never post here again. You really don't want that do you?

and if I make more then you u don't post here ever again?

You better back away on this one. Trust me.....

You occasionally have some good posts but you can be a dick. Stop the later and most are good with you here.

That's my advice........

I understand the "making the tournament" argument because it means UND has a chance ever year. However, at what point does simply making the Top 8 or Top 4 become not enough for a program that is Top 3 in "advantages" (facilities, support, history). Honestly, who has more built-in advantages than UND? Minnesota, BC, Michigan?

What I have seen is Hakstol is only as good as his recruiting. When he has Toews, Oshie, Duncan, etc. than his teams were pretty good. When he doesn't have one or two of the best players in the country his teams are pretty good (5-10 range). Has a UND team ever overachieved and went to the FF when they weren't supposed to or won it all?

I agree with what you are saying but there have been many und that have overachieved....I know that is easy to say however I don't feeling like doing any research.

So fire hak if the fan base wants more? This team is ran by the fan base? Thank God that isn't true!

It is to a certain extent. Who do you think pays for the scholarships and salaries? Fans. The sticks? Fans. You don't think the fans had a lot to do with Mussman getting fired? Donations dipped, attendance plummeted, and Mussman was let go. If the fans had still supported the football team regardless of results Mussman would still be head coach. Thank God for high standards. Point being, fans and boosters do run the team.

Michigan won 6 in 9 years. Denver won 4 in 10 years, 5 in 12. Wisconsin won 4 in 11 years. BC won 3 in 5 years and 4 in 12. What's your point? UND had a great stretch during those years. Other schools have had even better stretches. I'm guessing that not everyone thought UND had the best program during the early 90's. And college hockey has changed. More teams have the ability to win, or at least compete, for a title. Sorry if you can't deal with reality.

Then why did we settle for complacency? If everyone else got better then didn't we?

So, this team can still make the NCAA's, but the margin of error just got spent, much too early. Now, they pretty much have to sweep next weekend, to have a realistic shot.

The most disappointing thing about last night was the lack of teamwork. Puck support was poor, and odd man chances given up were just terrible. UNO is a fast, physical, and chaotic team. But, I expected our defense to be much more capable of containing that chaos. Not a good night, in that respect, and the ability to move the puck with support was off. Not much to be positive about in that game.

It is to a certain extent. Who do you think pays for the scholarships and salaries? Fans. The sticks? Fans. You don't think the fans had a lot to do with Mussman getting fired? Donations dipped, attendance plummeted, and Mussman was let go. If the fans had still supported the football team regardless of results Mussman would still be head coach. Thank God for high standards. Point being, fans and boosters do run the team.

Dream on. You can think that all you want, but it is like us voting controls the country. Silly...

If attendance was still high and the football team was doing what it was, which showed a problem in leadership. He would have still got fired. The vikings were sold out for the last many years and they just fired their coach? Which three years prior they were selling out and that coach got fired also. Results control your job not the fans and not the alumni.

My word....why do you follow this horrible team?

You should help yourself to following the....hey goofers. They won't let you down.

Some people, like myself, are naturally very pessimistic fans. Doesn't mean we aren't true fans and are going to leave for greener pastures. I'm going to spend all week b****ing and moaning about this team and then show up Friday and Saturday for the games and cheer because I love Sioux hockey.

Some people, like myself, are naturally very pessimistic fans. Doesn't mean we aren't true fans and are going to leave for greener pastures. I'm going to spend all week b****ing and moaning about this team and then show up Friday and Saturday for the games and cheer because I love Sioux hockey.

I understand. I have been a Vikings fan for many years.

Dream on. You can think that all you want, but it is like us voting controls the country. Silly...

If attendance was still high and the football team was doing what it was, which showed a problem in leadership. He would have still got fired. The vikings were sold out for the last many years and they just fired their coach? Which three years prior they were selling out and that coach got fired also. Results control your job not the fans and not the alumni.

Poor analogy. UND doesn't audit alums if they don't donate.

Fans will always control teams because they are the only reason they exist. Without fan money there are no big time sports.