SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

Watching the press conference Bubba knows what type of guys he would like to hire. Just because someone has experience doesn't mean they are good or will be a good fit with UND and it's new football philosophy. I trust Bubba, and will not prejudge whoever he hires.

For several reasons I wouldn't judge any coach based upon how they faired at Minot State.

Paul Rudolph brings to the table lots of general coaching experience and regional knowledge which is crucial for local recruiting. It would be interesting to see him at the DI level. He's really never had a DI chance, and he likes to run the ball, so why not give him a chance?

I like the fact he likes to run the ball!

Rudolph must have close connection with Bubba. Rudolph's son now and asst coach at Minot was a grad asst at SIU the year before.

I will say this Minot has recruits from Florida, TX and CA. A few from Montana and most from ND and MN.

He may have some good connections to HS coaches in those areas.

Rudolph must have close connection with Bubba. Rudolph's son now and asst coach at Minot was a grad asst at SIU the year before.

I will say this Minot has recruits from Florida, TX and CA. A few from Montana and most from ND and MN.

There 11 kids from ND on the Minot roster (4 of those are from Minot, the other 7 are from areas close to Minot: Velva, Harvey, Turtle Lake, Bottineau, Berthold, New Town)

ZERO kids on the Minot roster from Minnesota schools. Not exactly the ideal recruiting footprint for UND.

Maybe he recruited more of MN, Wisc, Iowa, Neb & Illinois while he was at St. Cloud & Upper Iowa.

Does anyone remember this from this fall? I do... major red flag for me.... http://espn.go.com/c...cop-knocked-out

There 11 kids from ND on the Minot roster (4 of those are from Minot, the other 7 are from areas close to Minot: Velva, Harvey, Turtle Lake, Bottineau, Berthold, New Town)

ZERO kids on the Minot roster from Minnesota schools. Not exactly the ideal recruiting footprint for UND.

Maybe he recruited more of MN, Wisc, Iowa, Neb & Illinois while he was at St. Cloud & Upper Iowa.

Does anyone remember this from this fall? I do... major red flag for me.... http://espn.go.com/c...cop-knocked-out

Realistically how many quality mn players do you think they could convince to go to Minot State?

Realistically how many quality mn players do you think they could convince to go to Minot State?

I wasn't saying how many MN kids he should have or should not have on his Minot roster. I was replying to this post where someone stated that "most from ND and MN"

Just pointing out that there isn't a ND kid on the Minot roster that didn't grow up within an Hr or so radius of Minot, as well as zero MN kids.

How is this put on Rudolph? He wasn't with them when they did this. They where all suspended until the University oked them back, and not all where welcomed back, not Rudolph. He didn't try bail them out, or hire lawyers for them.

It was some knuckle heads being just that.

How is this put on Rudolph? He wasn't with them when they did this. They where all suspended until the University oked them back, and not all where welcomed back, not Rudolph. He didn't try bail them out, or hire lawyers for them.

It was some knuckle heads being just that.

Well the Pflugrad detractors blamed him for allowing a culture of rape to grow at Montana. Apparently Minot has a culture of murder and the coach is responsible for establishing culture and recruiting good student-athletes.

Note: I don't necessarily believe this, I'm simply pointing out how dumb the argument was from those who felt the need to justify the rejection of Pflugrad. Also, Pflugrad didn't try to bail out or hire lawyers for players.