SiouxSports.com Forum

Chyzyk charged with theft

ericpnelson

you have my attention? link? police blotter? It looks like you're ready to drop some bombs here but they are hanging from a cliff.

Leevon Perry.

Do a search on nd courts website, it's all public record so no rumors at all here just facts. Conviction 11/25 and it hasn't been brought up once by anyone in Fargo, be it media or the team. Perry's THIRD such offense in addition to his dui and minor, and 2 misdemeanors for driving with a suspended license.

• Upvote 1

Leevon Perry.

Do a search on nd courts website, it's all public record so no rumors at all here just facts. Conviction 11/25 and it hasn't been brought up once by anyone in Fargo, be it media or the team. Perry's THIRD such offense in addition to his dui and minor, and 2 misdemeanors for driving with a suspended license.

Sounds like this dude should be taking a cab?

• Upvote 2

Leevon Perry.

I heard rumblings about it, I just kinda assumed it was the finishing legal touches on his deal from just before the season.

You have committed the Cardinal Sin of questioning Hakstol's leadership of the program. I think it is fair to ask if Hakstol has control over his players; there have been a lot of incidences of stupidity the past couple of years.

Wait a second...just a while back, weren't you calling for Hakstol to change the 'business' approach to his coaching style and for him to lighten things up a bit? Now you want to know whether or not he has control over his players? Which one is it?

• Upvote 1

Wait a second...just a while back, weren't you calling for Hakstol to change the 'business' approach to his coaching style and for him to lighten things up a bit? Now you want to know whether or not he has control over his players? Which one is it?

Apples and oranges. The "business-like" approach I was talking about before was related to the systems and schemes used in games, which I think has the effect of stifling the creativity of some of our most skilled players. This particular topic is about off-the-ice behavior and how much this has been an issue during the past 2-3 years. I honestly think if Hakstol invoked the "Frattin Rule" and gave more repeat offenders the boot, it would drive home the point to both players and recruits that it doesn't pay to mess around and cause trouble when the coaches are not there.

• Upvote 1

Apples and oranges. The "business-like" approach I was talking about before was related to the systems and schemes used in games, which I think has the effect of stifling the creativity of some of our most skilled players. This particular topic is about off-the-ice behavior and how much this has been an issue during the past 2-3 years. I honestly think if Hakstol invoked the "Frattin Rule" and gave more repeat offenders the boot, it would drive home the point to both players and recruits that it doesn't pay to mess around and cause trouble when the coaches are not there.

OK, explained nicely. I agree with you on both counts - on AND off the ice.

• Upvote 2

Patrick Kane's arrest was related to the cab driver's telling him he didn't have twenty cents in change to give him back - Kane had paid $15 for a $13.80 fare.

If I have the timing of this correct, he had just signed a 5 year, $31.5 Million contract with a $1.5 Million signing bonus.

My .02 (which is all speculation, but that's all I got)

- Downtown on a Sunday night after a sweep..... no idea if alcohol is involved, but more than likely could be.

- Most GF cab companies will take you to the VD on University/Washington to use the ATM for payment. Most instances that the ATM doesn't work or the cab company feels stiffed, they will just leave the person there. Something else had to be done/said between the parties for GFPD to be called. No idea if alcohol was involved, but once again it could be a possibility given what the end result was (arrest).

Leevon Perry.

Not trying to get this thread off topic, but wow that guy has quite the record. Has he ever missed any games at FU or anything?

Edit: Answered my own question. Was suspended for the K-State game. moving on.

I haven't made any excuses for him. Just unwilling to accuse him of being guilty of a $4 theft until he is proven guilty.

"it's more feasible that there was a miscommunication of some sort. It doesn't make sense that Bryn would attempt to skip out on a $4 cab fare". Sounds like excuse making to me. How can you be so unwilling to belive this and so easily believe anything a Bison could do?

"it's more feasible that there was a miscommunication of some sort. It doesn't make sense that Bryn would attempt to skip out on a $4 cab fare". Sounds like excuse making to me. How can you be so unwilling to belive this and so easily believe anything a Bison could do?

Because this was over a $4 cab fare. Personally I won't judge him over this because we don't know the whole story. No excuse made. It is what it is.

Obviously hakstol sees a trend here though hence the suspension. Don't disagree as I trust how he runs his team. If I was a bison fan I can't say I could say the same.

Because this was over a $4 cab fare. Personally I won't judge him over this because we don't know the whole story. No excuse made. It is what it is.

Obviously hakstol sees a trend here though hence the suspension. Don't disagree as I trust how he runs his team. If I was a bison fan I can't say I could say the same.

It is always the little things that trip one up.