SiouxSports.com Forum

Chyzyk charged with theft

ericpnelson

Good riddance... what a moron if there is any truth to this. I don't care if it's a candy bar or a car, stealing is stealing. I'm fine with big suspensions for alcohol related offences and I believe something like this is much worse.

I say we chop off the little punks hand!

According to the GF Herald article, he took the cab from downtown to the Valley Dairy store at University and North Washington. The article didn't mention anyone else in the cab. The fare for that distance is approximately $4 according to the owner of the cab company. Instead of paying, he ran into the Valley Dairy store and didn't come out. As you suggest, there could be several different reasons he didn't pay. But none of them are good enough to risk trouble over $4.

So he spent the night in Valley Dairy? Is he still there? The plot thickens.
  • Upvote 1

You can quit defending the undefendable anytime. You are starting to sound like a Bison fan.

I'm not passionate either way, I just give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially college kids over something that seems too trivial to believe it is the whole story.

Athlete or not, this seems odd.

the green shade wearers and the kool aid drinkers will rail me for questioning it I know but someone has to keep reality in check around here.

Hahaha...I'm just glad you and smokey are here to keep that team and coach inline..

Its for bucks. You can't even sit in a cab for $4. Seems like an error to me.

Like said earlier "too much speculation to judge". So that's why I said please!

So again.....please!

According to the GF Herald article, he took the cab from downtown to the Valley Dairy store at University and North Washington. The article didn't mention anyone else in the cab. The fare for that distance is approximately $4 according to the owner of the cab company. Instead of paying, he ran into the Valley Dairy store and didn't come out. As you suggest, there could be several different reasons he didn't pay. But none of them are good enough to risk trouble over $4.

He would have to come out at some point right? I just don't see how someone in his position, in GF, would risk something like this over $4. I guarantee he was heckling the guy and playing some sort of trick and it backfired orr he was super drunk (or both)….there has to be some story.

He might've thought someone already paid for the cab or some other issue. Maybe someone else got dropped off at his place. Maybe he was drunk and gave a bad credit card #. Who knows. It is just highly unlikely he would risk serious trouble over $4. It sounds to me like circumstances.

Maybe he had a reason for not paying and got into a dispute, refusing to pay, where the cabbie then decided to go to the cops. At least he didn't beat the guy ala Patrick Kane. Maybe it had to do with correct change or something. Maybe the fare was $9 and he thinks he gave the cabbie a $10 and the cabbie insists it was a $5.

$4 is not intentional theft. No way.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!

All you head hunters!

Maybe he had to use the can really badly...he ran into VD to avoid urinating or pooping in the cab, then was in there for a long time due to a line or a biological issue...who knows.

Hak suspends him for a legal run in. Fair enough.

Once all details are cleared up and it is proven to be intentional or accidental or a misunderstanding, then Hak will determine his future on the team.

Maybe he had to use the can really badly...he ran into VD to avoid urinating or pooping in the cab, then was in there for a long time due to a line or a biological issue...who knows.

Once all details are cleared up and it is proven to be intentional or accidental or a misunderstanding, then Hak will determine his future on the team.

Why wait for that when we can try and hang him right here.

Your next excuse will be? Are you a closet Bison fan?