SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

I wonder if we'll ever hear the full story on this. I mean it can't just be the hit & run that made him resign can it? One vehicle damaged, no one injured doesn't really sound like a firing/resigning offense to me.

Unless alcohol was involved. If he was driving impaired with five players in the vehicle, that would justify a termination. We'll see if that was the case.

Unless alcohol was involved. If he was driving impaired with five players in the vehicle, that would justify a termination. We'll see if that was the case.

My guess would be he was probably out drinking the night before which certainly isn't a crime, but still having alcohol in your system the next morning and driving certainly is and having your athletes in the vehicle multiplies it.

Like I said, just my guess. But if I was a parent I would be pretty pi$$ed off. You send your daughter to college and hope you have taught them what they need to know to get by at school and you somewhat entrust part of their well being with the coach and staff who recruited them. One of the main things every parent tries to instill in their kid is do not drink and drive and do not get in a vehicle with someone who has been drinking.

If this is what happened it is inexcusable.

My guess would be he was probably out drinking the night before which certainly isn't a crime, but still having alcohol in your system the next morning and driving certainly is.

Yea, I agree that's a likely scenario to what happened. Also, the fact that he may still have been impaired is probably the reason he didn't stop and report the incident.

Question - is it normal for a Division I volleyball coach to be a chauffeur for the players while on the road? I realize volleyball isn't football or hockey, but it still seems a bit strange that professional transportation wasn't provided for the team.

• Upvote 1

Yea, I agree that's a likely scenario to what happened. Also, the fact that he may still have been impaired is probably the reason he didn't stop and report the incident.

Question - is it normal for a Division I volleyball coach to be a chauffeur for the players while on the road? I realize volleyball isn't football or hockey, but it still seems a bit strange that professional transportation wasn't provided for the team.

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised that they handle their own transportation - probably less expensive, getting to/from airport and to/from the fieldhouse.

One has to think there was more than just possible alcohol consumption, unless this isn't the first time an alcohol issue has come up with home. There just has to be way more to this story. Yellowknife seems to know something, and I don't think s/he is a Bison fan, at least that I can tell.

One has to think there was more than just possible alcohol consumption, unless this isn't the first time an alcohol issue has come up with home. There just has to be way more to this story. Yellowknife seems to know something, and I don't think s/he is a Bison fan, at least that I can tell.

You might be right on this. On the GF Herald chat today, one of the writers made mention that this incident triggered an internal review....so there may have been other issues in play and it is possible that alcohol may not have been a factor?

You might be right on this. On the GF Herald chat today, one of the writers made mention that this incident triggered an internal review....so there may have been other issues in play and it is possible that alcohol may not have been a factor?

They made it sound like the story would be updated after the initial resignation was posted. I'm sure there will be some more details in the updates.