SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

For the record, I think Hardee is a great coach and this would be very unfortunate for him to lose his job whatever is happening. He's also very good for the community as well, as he's the only program that is active in the local club scenes around this way.

Faison getting out in front of a not so great looking situation. That's why he's good.

If Hardee did knowingly damage an unoccupied vehicle and drive away he deserves to face consequences. If he unknowingly did damage he should make someone whole for the damages.

Clearly there's more to this than we know at this time.

Knowingly committing hit and run is wrong.

I don't know what yellowknife claims to know, but based on the reported facts this far, I would be suprised if this would result in a resignation or firing. In the article, it says that Hardee was driving a van, and was on the way to the airport to come home with the team. It was 5:05 am, so I highly doubt alcohol was involved. For all I know, Hardee may not have even realized he hit another vehicle, which could easily happen depending on the size and type of van, especially in a parking lot. Right now, all we know is he the subject of investigation.

Logic should tell you it was 5:05 AM and he didn't stop because alcohol WAS involved. If alcohol wasn't involved he stays and calls police. But because it most likely was alcohol related, he doesn't want to stay and get a DWI with his players in the van.

Logic should tell you it was 5:05 AM and he didn't stop because alcohol WAS involved. If alcohol wasn't involved he stays and calls police. But because it most likely was alcohol related, he doesn't want to stay and get a DWI with his players in the van.

Of course. Thanks Inspector Clouseau.

I question your "logic" I thought he was driving to the airport? Get to the airport on time?? Personally, I doubt it. If it was a hit and run and coach knew it - no excuse you stop. Look, we don't know yet. I trust the situation will be handled correctly. I don't mind some thinking the worst and others trying to give coach the benefit of the doubt. su fans are just doing what rivals do - that is if any of them will admit it still is a rivalry??

Actually, I would be shocked if booze was involved. Good grief, he was driving his team.

Then why don't you stop? If you are late to the airport, you catch a later flight. People miss flights all of the time and get rescheduled. The Bison basketball team got back at 11:00 PM Sunday because they miss a connecting flight.

Why am I not surprised that an NDSUAAS fan would naturally ASSUME that alcohol was involved if something goes wrong?

When did Hardee know he'd hit another unoccupied vehicle?

This is paid administrative leave, not unpaid. That, to me, says Faison is taking a cautioned stance until they get the facts. If it was unpaid I would expect they were preparing for a dismissal.

Then why don't you stop? If you are late to the airport, you catch a later flight. People miss flights all of the time and get rescheduled. The Bison basketball team got back at 11:00 PM Sunday because they miss a connecting flight.

You are clueless. You weren't there and know nothing about what happened, yet you throw !@#$ against the wall to see what sticks just so you can come here and say 'I told you so' IF it turns out you are correct. All of this on a message board of a school that your school "doesn't care about" and pertaining to a sport that has already been deemed as insignificant by supporters of your school. Makes all sorts of sense.

Did you forget your JohnBoy password today?

You are clueless. You weren't there and know nothing about what happened, yet you throw !@#$ against the wall to see what sticks just so you can come here and say 'I told you so' IF it turns out you are correct. All of this on a message board of a school that your school "doesn't care about" and pertaining to a sport that has already been deemed as insignificant by supporters of your school. Makes all sorts of sense.

Did you forget your JohnBoy password today?

He was either under the influence of he is too stupid to be working at "The Flagship" university in North Dakota.

As for the people saying he didn't realize that he hit another vehicle, there were 5 other people in the van. Somebody would have noticed and my guess would have said something to him.

At 0505 hours, if the driver was unaware of an issue, I'd say the passengers may have been unaware as well.

I trust we all drive and holding that wheel is the best sensor of what is happening to the vehicle.

At this point it's simply coming down to:

- if Hardee knew he'd hit something and left, he's wrong.

- the PSU cops will have a report of what they can determine.

At 0505 hours, if the driver was unaware of an issue, I'd say the passengers may have been unaware as well.

I trust we all drive and holding that wheel is the best sensor of what is happening to the vehicle.

You guys are most likely all right. The PSU police department is framing Hardee to get him out of the conference. They rented the van after Hardee dropped it off at the airport, drove it back to campus and ran into a parked vehicle.

One other possibility comes to mind. Maybe he thought he hit something, looked, but didn't see any damage. Therefore he figured he was wrong about hitting the vehicle or didn't think he needed to do anything if there was no damage. There has been no report about how much damage was done by the hit and run. He probably should have left contact information if there was the possibility of damage, not leaving contact info in a case like that might have been the mistake he made.

You guys are most likely all right. The PSU police department is framing Hardee to get him out of the conference. They rented the van after Hardee dropped it off at the airport, drove it back to campus and ran into a parked vehicle.

Don't put in words that aren't there. I said the PSU cops will report what they can determine. That doesn't involve framing. It involves evidence and proof, not internet speculations.

I'm thinking the hotel probably has security cameras out front and the PSU cops are retrieving those.

Right now they are just investigating. So far there is no report of damage, or the extent of any damage. So far there are no citations. No one has claimed that he is innocent of anything, and only NDSUAAS fans have claimed that he is guilty of something (without any hint of exactly what was done). UND fans seem to believe that he should be punished IF he committed a crime. But only a select few, like yourself, are assuming the worst by believing that he was driving drunk and wrecked a rental vehicle. Just because that's what you would have done doesn't mean that it is what happened in this case.

Don't put in words that aren't there. I said the PSU cops will report what they can determine. That doesn't involve framing. It involves evidence and proof, not internet speculations.

I'm thinking the hotel probably has security cameras out front and the PSU cops are retrieving those.

I can't believe that an investigation into an alleged fender bender in a hotel parking lot is going to take very long. They have the approximate time, if they have cameras it won't take long to see any footage. They can compare damage on the vehicles. They have some eye witnesses. They should be able to wrap up the investigation in a pretty short window of time.

I don't agree with the other UND fans that he could have hit something and not realized it, cars are pretty reactive vehicles. At the same time you sir will need to be questioned for brain damage because you are not very smart.

I moved all the posts regarding Hardee's suspension from the 2013 season thread to this one.

It still only has half as many posts as the thread on Bisonville that is devoted to Hardee right now, but figured it would make it easier for our FU fans to jump to conclusions.

Won't be long until that thread exceeds the one about their women's athletic director's 2 week suspension. You know the one that NDSU wasn't going to announce until they were forced to after the media accidentally stumbled upon it.