SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

@Point 1: So a verbal warning for coach DUI in Forks but suspension w/o pay in Fargo. If H had been suspended, the media would have likely picked up on that. Hmmmm!!??

@Point 2: I didn't say he was driving the team, but the chances are damn good he was/did. Also, he had to drive to a and from work, and I have a hard time believing he wasn't driving a sponso car. That ain't right.

@Point 3: The Buck stops at F's desk, not some minions. Plus, you are assuming others AD staff knew of this-->remember it was a verbal reprimand(think quiet).

What do you want CAS? What is your motivation to post and post?

• Upvote 1

What do you want CAS? What is your motivation to post and post?

I want people to think outside the box and realize that UND is not perfect and your admins are not infallible. People make mistakes all the time and everywhere. You folks place all of SU's actions under a microscope and are judge and jury, but don't do the same "at home". U get on and judge every SU fan who supports or defends the actions/decisions of SU admins, but then are largely unwilling to scrutinize your own. I am just hoping that now, before you disparage all that is SU, you will pause and think before posting. I for one am not surprised this happened-->cuz this kinda stuff happens everywhere and now I hope you realize UND is not immune to it, despite its med school!!:)

• Upvote 1

I want people to think outside the box and realize that UND is not perfect and your admins are not infallible. People make mistakes all the time and everywhere. You folks place all of SU's actions under a microscope and are judge and jury, but don't do the same "at home". U get on and judge every SU fan who supports or defends the actions/decisions of SU admins, but then are largely unwilling to scrutinize your own. I am just hoping that now, before you disparage all that is SU, you will pause and think before posting. I for one am not surprised this happened-->cuz this kinda stuff happens everywhere and now I hope you realize UND is not immune to it, despite its med school!! :)

Thanks - well put. I can agree. We all are fans. I enjoy games. I enjoy events leading up to games. Sometimes fans go too far. UNDs administration is not immune to making questionable decisions.

I want people to think outside the box and realize that UND is not perfect and your admins are not infallible. People make mistakes all the time and everywhere. You folks place all of SU's actions under a microscope and are judge and jury, but don't do the same "at home". U get on and judge every SU fan who supports or defends the actions/decisions of SU admins, but then are largely unwilling to scrutinize your own. I am just hoping that now, before you disparage all that is SU, you will pause and think before posting. I for one am not surprised this happened-->cuz this kinda stuff happens everywhere and now I hope you realize UND is not immune to it, despite its med school!! :)

How dare you forget to mention our aviation program and law school as well... :hypocrite:

Accountability. Our hockey players throw a party and not only the players responsible get suspended but so do the captains. You have a few players that defraud an election, take no action, wait for them to get community service, then watch them not complete said community service.

• Upvote 1

How dare you forget to mention our aviation program and law school as well... :hypocrite:

I figured those were just assumed!! :) If you ever watch "When they were Kings" (I haven't yet) pay attention--if u want to--to what I said about the fans of SU and UND, Gist? Lighten up a bit on both sides. Heck, back in the day, FB players on both sides used to get together and go BB games together and go out together afterwards. The animosity was left for on the field. Still am friends with former UND players.

Accountability. Our hockey players throw a party and not only the players responsible get suspended but so do the captains. You have a few players that defraud an election, take no action, wait for them to get community service, then watch them not complete said community service.

Ok, we can keep doing this if you want. UND coach DUI--ahem... "Verbal warning". NDSU coach DUI--5 day suspension without pay.

Goes both ways, like I Tried to say. But, whatever!!

Try cleaning up your home group at BSville before you go to another schools forum and try to teach them a lesson. Much of your fanbase comes across like jilted children, hanging on to every minor grudge they can think of. They constantly attack UND, usually over the most minor items. This, http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31075-The-Official-!@#$-On-UND-No-Matter-How-They-Do-Thread, is one of many active threads about UND. It has more than 900 entries in about 3 months, including from you. Therefore your posts come across as petty and vindictive. Clean up your own house and then maybe you can come over here and lecture.

I admit I get caught up in it once in awhile. Posting here as I did has caused me to reflect a bit on myself.

Not a bad thing tondo from time to time.

And a lecture about a lecture?! :)

I want people to think outside the box and realize that UND is not perfect and your admins are not infallible. People make mistakes all the time and everywhere. You folks place all of SU's actions under a microscope and are judge and jury, but don't do the same "at home". U get on and judge every SU fan who supports or defends the actions/decisions of SU admins, but then are largely unwilling to scrutinize your own. I am just hoping that now, before you disparage all that is SU, you will pause and think before posting. I for one am not surprised this happened-->cuz this kinda stuff happens everywhere and now I hope you realize UND is not immune to it, despite its med school!!:)

I can only speak to how I myself have reacted to the transparency of either university.

I didn't know about the FU wrestling coach's DUI until today. Seems to me like his punishment was a bit harsh. The offense itself was exposed by the media not the university.

Travis Beck's downtown fight: I said when it happened that it sounded like the other guy threw the first punch so IMO Beck was justified and had every right to beat the hell out of anybody who is attacking him. That story was exposed by the media not the university.

Petition-Gate: It was laughable the way that Taylor handled that. A complete joke. Exposed by the media not the university.

Bohl's speeding tickets: I don't give a hoot about how fast Bohl drives. I drive fast. Exposed by the media not the university.

FU tight-end/weed dealer: Loser. IIRC FU took care of him swiftly like they should have. Exposed by the media not the university.

Best Buy-gate: A bunch of criminals. IIRC FU dealt with them swiftly like they should have. Exposed by the media not the university.

Danny Kristos frozen feet: Who did he hurt other than himself? I called him dumbass at the time. Exposed by the media not the university.

UND linebacker breaks into woman's home: Expelled immediately. Exposed by media not university.

UND FB players using steroids: This involved 3 seniors after the season was over. I honestly don't recall if they were expeled, but they should have been and I hope they were. Exposed by media not the university.

Hakstol's middle digit: Embarrassing. He was suspended immediately.

2012 Hockey Hazing: Lots of players suspended for multiple games. Exposed by the media not the university.

Matt Frattin DUI: Kicked off campus for 6+ months. Exposed by the university not the media.

Ashley Hardee Hit & Run: His employment at UND was over within 36 hours of the situation going public. Exposed by the university not the media.

I think at best you need to take issue with the Forum and the Herald rather than UND's spokespeople or fans. Fargo is a much bigger city with many more news outlets. That is likely why NDSU comes under more scrutiny when bad stuff happens, and by the same token when good stuff happens.

• Upvote 4

I can only speak to how I myself have reacted to the transparency of either university.

I didn't know about the FU wrestling coach's DUI until today. Seems to me like his punishment was a bit harsh. The offense itself was exposed by the media not the university.

Travis Beck's downtown fight: I said when it happened that it sounded like the other guy threw the first punch so IMO Beck was justified and had every right to beat the hell out of anybody who is attacking him. That story was exposed by the media not the university.

Petition-Gate: It was laughable the way that Taylor handled that. A complete joke. Exposed by the media not the university.

Bohl's speeding tickets: I don't give a hoot about how fast Bohl drives. I drive fast. Exposed by the media not the university.

FU tight-end/weed dealer: Loser. IIRC FU took care of him swiftly like they should have. Exposed by the media not the university.

Best Buy-gate: A bunch of criminals. IIRC FU dealt with them swiftly like they should have. Exposed by the media not the university.

Danny Kristos frozen feet: Who did he hurt other than himself? I called him dumbass at the time. Exposed by the media not the university.

UND linebacker breaks into woman's home: Expelled immediately. Exposed by media not university.

UND FB players using steroids: This involved 3 seniors after the season was over. I honestly don't recall if they were expeled, but they should have been and I hope they were. Exposed by media not the university.

Hakstol's middle digit: Embarrassing. He was suspended immediately.

2012 Hockey Hazing: Lots of players suspended for multiple games. Exposed by the media not the university.

Matt Frattin DUI: Kicked off campus for 6+ months. Exposed by the university not the media.

Ashley Hardee Hit & Run: His employment at UND was over within 36 hours of the situation going public. Exposed by the university not the media.

I think at best you need to take issue with the Forum and the Herald rather than UND's spokespeople or fans. Fargo is a much bigger city with many more news outlets. That is likely why NDSU comes under more scrutiny when bad stuff happens, and by the same token when good stuff happens.

Good post, Bin--can't take issue with it. Here is the thing tho, and not isolated to either school, there is more to the story for many of these incidents and that is why each needs to be judged individually and on its own facts, rather than in a vacuum.

Actually, that's applicable to life in general if you think about it. And, Media has a lot to do with blowing things out of proportion on a whim and without all the info/facts. Problem is, many run with that rather than conducting their own analysis.

Now, go hire a good FB and VB coach--no dig intended or meant. Get it done.

My biggest problem is the way that some are throwing Faison under the bus for the first DUI. I run a business myself. I am a farmer and I have several employees. If one of them is otherwise a valuable asset to my business, but goes out on their own time and gets a DUI, I am not going to fire them for it. If they get a DUI while driving one of my trucks or otherwise while on the job for me they would get the axe right quick. Basically that is what has taken place at UND this week. I just don't agree that Hardee should have been made an example of for his DUI two summers ago, as long as it didn't involve a University vehicle, employee, or athlete. From the few in person dealings with Faison that I have had, my guess is this week would have unfolded the exact same way even if Hardee had no prior issues whatsoever.

This sheds some light on the situation. From WDAZ

WDAZ Sports records show that in July 2012, UND gave Hardee a one-year contract extension through 2016.

UND athletic director Brian Faison told the Herald that Hardee was disciplined internally for the DUI, and told he would be fired if there were another incident.

The Herald also quoted Faison as saying there may be an issue with Hardee's driver's license.

“My understanding is that (Hardee) was supposed to have that addressed and he did not get it addressed,” Faison told the Herald. “My understanding is that there is an issue with his driver’s license. We didn’t know about that until this morning.”

Faison was asked by the Herald how Hardee could be allowed to drive his team around if there was an issue with his driver’s license. Faison said the athletic department is trying to figure that out.

“I don’t know where the breakdown was,” Faison told the Herald. “Honestly, I think that he thought he had it, too. When we had this conversation this morning (Wednesday), he was surprised. But that’s not something that is, in any way, shape or form, OK.”

Faison told the Herald that UND has been contacted about a damaged rental car, but he doesn’t know the extent of the damage.

WDAZ Sports attempted to reach Faison Thursday, but was unsuccessful.

Faison placed Hardee on administrative leave on Monday.

On Wednesday, Faison told WDAZ Sports: "We expect high standards of personal behavior by our head coaches and this was a situation that was...just unacceptable.

Almost forgot (not really), I've got a bet to collect on. The 14th work for you?

So, u are predicting an SU win over Furman! If so, ya, I will be there on the 14th.

Back to VB. Is there anyone on current staff who will be considered? Anyone that the girls trust who has the ability. If so, that is the route I would go--continuity.

So, u are predicting an SU win over Furman! If so, ya, I will be there on the 14th.

Back to VB. Is there anyone on current staff who will be considered? Anyone that the girls trust who has the ability. If so, that is the route I would go--continuity.

I think Brown will get a look, but it might be hard for me to see him or Joki getting the job.

If I want someone for the job. Two words: Brady Starkey

Looks like the Concordia-St. Paul coach should definitely get a call. The UMD coach would probably be call #2. Looks like both have very able assistants on their staff as well.

This led me to look at the ridiculousness of the NCAA once again. The D2 women's volleyball tournament is down to the final 16 right now and their regionalization of the tourney is laughable and sad at the same time. In the regional being held in Duluth you have #1 seed and 2nd ranked UMD playing #4 seed and 7th ranked SW Minnesota St. and #2 seed and 5th ranked Central Missouri playing #3 seed and 3rd ranked and 6 time defending champion Concordia St. Paul....tough bracket

Looks like the Concordia-St. Paul coach should definitely get a call. The UMD coach would probably be call #2. Looks like both have very able assistants on their staff as well.

This led me to look at the ridiculousness of the NCAA once again. The D2 women's volleyball tournament is down to the final 16 right now and their regionalization of the tourney is laughable and sad at the same time. In the regional being held in Duluth you have #1 seed and 2nd ranked UMD playing #4 seed and 7th ranked SW Minnesota St. and #2 seed and 5th ranked Central Missouri playing #3 seed and 3rd ranked and 6 time defending champion Concordia St. Paul....tough bracket

And we thought the hockey brackets were rigged