SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

No one's on their high horse just that what we've all known is there no moral superiority at UND, just a lack of reporting.

Really? Seems like CAS is stating that if something isn't in the paper, it must be a cover-up by the athletic department. Slippery road to go down...

• Upvote 1

There seemed to be a lot of chest thumping going on around here when NDSU was getting in trouble......seems we don't like it so much when it comes the other way now. I for one have been impressed with how Faison has been handling the situation. He has seemed very calm and professional to me, and these next 2 jobs he fills will go a long way towards cementing himself as a very very successful AD here at UND.

• Upvote 2

Faison really sucks at cover-ups then. A better run cover-up shouldn't have resulted in arguably our best coach (former) having a gun to his head to resign. My God is he inept.... :glare:

Driving around drunk with athletes in the car and damaging a rental cause is a fire-able offense in itself, then take into consideration that he already had a write-up in his file. The lawsuit that could possible come from this is huge if something more serious happened, this has nothing to do with a cover-up. Employee investigations are done in private, and we as the public shouldn't be allowed to see it until it is finished. This is the right thing to do plain and simple, and I applaud Faison for it, he had no other choice.

• Upvote 4

Is every member of the UND athletic department perfect? No. But to accuse Faison of a coverup? That's a pretty serious offense. You better have some pretty substantial evidence to back up that claim. Instead of Bison fans taking joy in all this, why don't you just step back and forget about your hatred for UND for just a second and realize that this issue involves real people that were affected by this situation. Accusations towards anyone before all the information is out is irresponsible. Shame on some of you Bison fans. You truly are scum.

And UN_ fans dont do the same thing in regards to NDSU? Pot meet kettle.

Driving around drunk with athletes in the car and damaging a rental cause is a fire-able offense in itself, then take into consideration that he already had a write-up in his file. The lawsuit that could possible come from this is huge if something more serious happened, this has nothing to do with a cover-up. Employee investigations are done in private, and we as the public shouldn't be allowed to see it until it is finished. This is the right thing to do plain and simple, and I applaud Faison for it, he had no other choice.

I agree.... it was sarcastic and shot at the "it's a cover-up" crowd.

And UN_ fans dont do the same thing in regards to NDSU? Pot meet kettle.

Exactly, that's why I wasn't tossing stones earlier....because sooner or later it happens at every single University. Hell if I was an NDSU fan, I would be doing the exact same thing. A lot of posters on here were way to High and Mighty the last 12 months.

• Upvote 1

Wow. For being a sport that doesn't matter down south, Volleyball sure is getting a lot of attention from the FU faithful.

Faison has handled this situation correctly as unfortunate as it may be. To say he didn't know about the first DUI when he stated there were disciplinary actions put in Hardee's file is pretty dumb. He's not going to lie about that.

My 2 cents... Even though it really sucks to dismiss a great coach like Hardee, I applaud Faison for his actions. It must have been hard on him (like NDSU dimissing Hagar after his off-field stuff), but it sends a message that he is going to try his hardest to run a clean program, and not only are the student athletes held accountable, but coaches as well. I am glad he is doing a national search, and not just promoting an assistant to fill the void (like Mussman). I have faith in Faison to straighten up this program, and I know some people will bring up Hak and the stuff he did (like fick off a team on camara) hopefully this will give him a wake up call to clean it up and act professionally.

I'm not saying that our program doesn't deserve a national search for a coach, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Hardee's staff. From what I can tell, current and future UND volleyball players like Hardee's system. It atttracted the top local talent (Munkeby, Dooley, Fraase), good recruiting from around Minnesota (Husfeldt, Robinson, Pioske, amongst many others), and even some West Coast connections (Moser, Gentili). His system produced a very good product on the court, and I would hate to think that that wasn't worth anything. That being said, I too think Faison will do what needs to be done to keep this program at its current level, and maybe even escalate it.

Exactly, that's why I wasn't tossing stones earlier....because sooner or later it happens at every single University. Hell if I was an NDSU fan, I would be doing the exact same thing. A lot of posters on here were way to High and Mighty the last 12 months.

I don't equate poking fun at an ex-rival when they are experiencing issues the same as being "High and Mighty", it's just what ex-rival fans do when you get the chance. FU has just made it so easy in the past few years and yes UND has had issues too, ours just aren't state-wide and we don't have an AD in front of the press justifying keeping players on the field as a way of "Giving them their day in Court".

Update from the news about St. Cloud State football players being charged with disorderly conduct earlier this week - they won't be playing in the national champiosship quarter final game this weekend - talk about a school having messed up priorities -what about the proven winning FU formula of winning at all costs (sarcasm).

• Upvote 2

This is a complete cover up by Faison and the GF media. Don't try to paint it any other way. Faison was sooo hoping the DUI would fly under the radar because he didn't want his buddy Hardde to be under scrutiny, and resultantly putting himself in the same boat. And to argue that Hardee wasn't drunk in Portland and to throw your own dedicated player and dad under the bus for saying he was is pathetic. If not drunk, Y HIT AND RUN?!! I said early on there was more to this, and now all of you want to sugarcoat things. Oh, Faison likes to get out in front of things and be transparent?!?? REALLY?!? His nuts should be on the line right now. I would expect nothing less than a full investigation of UND athletic department right now. Did Faison inform the Prez Of all of this back when Hardee got the DUI?! Also, how in the hell did he not confirm Hardee's driving rights one way or another?! I bet Hardee drive a sponsor car everyday right up to the sports facility!! Your Prez Had better be all over this or things could and should get really bad up there.

Oh, guess what?! Bohl's speeding tickets were reported in the media and you guys were and to this day have been all over that!!

What say you now?!?!

Unreal!! Well, maybe not really!!

Live it and enjoy!!

I know you are just giving back what you have gotten from the UND crowd but to say that the Fargo media reports everything they know is just not true. I heard some damaging things about NDSU leadership a couple of years ago from one of the media members who covers the Bison daily. I asked why he didn't report it and his answer was that he would never be allowed back at NDSU if he did. It wasn't anything he heard off the record but he didn't dare tell all he knew.

I agree with your other statement that Roger Thomas was a great guy and UND was luck to have him.

This is a complete cover up by Faison and the GF media. Don't try to paint it any other way. Faison was sooo hoping the DUI would fly under the radar because he didn't want his buddy Hardde to be under scrutiny, and resultantly putting himself in the same boat. And to argue that Hardee wasn't drunk in Portland and to throw your own dedicated player and dad under the bus for saying he was is pathetic. If not drunk, Y HIT AND RUN?!! I said early on there was more to this, and now all of you want to sugarcoat things. Oh, Faison likes to get out in front of things and be transparent?!?? REALLY?!? His nuts should be on the line right now. I would expect nothing less than a full investigation of UND athletic department right now. Did Faison inform the Prez Of all of this back when Hardee got the DUI?! Also, how in the hell did he not confirm Hardee's driving rights one way or another?! I bet Hardee drive a sponsor car everyday right up to the sports facility!! Your Prez Had better be all over this or things could and should get really bad up there.

Oh, guess what?! Bohl's speeding tickets were reported in the media and you guys were and to this day have been all over that!!

What say you now?!?!

Live it and enjoy!!

Holy Crap!?!!?! You are fired up!!??!! Lots of exclamation!!!points!! and ???Question!!!Marks? HAAAAYAAHH!!!!

I know you are just giving back what you have gotten from the UND crowd but to say that the Fargo media reports everything they know is just not true. I heard some damaging things about NDSU leadership a couple of years ago from one of the media members who covers the Bison daily. I asked why he didn't report it and his answer was that he would never be allowed back at NDSU if he did. It wasn't anything he heard off the record but he didn't dare tell all he knew.

I agree with your other statement that Roger Thomas was a great guy and UND was luck to have him.

Fargo media is too busy covering the "FU players visit kids in the hospital" story that's why they miss the internal stuff and police blotter reports (ain't this fun).

Faison handled the DUI situation internally and gave Hardee an ultimatum. 3 days after another incident surfaced, Hardee is gone. The only issue here is who allowed Hardee's lack of a driver's license to slip through the cracks. When that becomes clear there will be more repercussions.

There is another issue---i read some where on this thread that when Hardee got his DUI all he got was a verbal reprimand. A verbal? Really? I guess that how you handle it internally?

Is every member of the UND athletic department perfect? No. But to accuse Faison of a coverup? That's a pretty serious offense. You better have some pretty substantial evidence to back up that claim. Instead of Bison fans taking joy in all this, why don't you just step back and forget about your hatred for UND for just a second and realize that this issue involves real people that were affected by this situation. Accusations towards anyone before all the information is out is irresponsible. Shame on some of you Bison fans. You truly are scum.

You do the same when it comes to NDSU and its a deal.

I cannot believe Hardee didn't get his day in court to really prove that he was the driver. What if this is all a vast conspiracy and he never got his day in court?

I also cannot believe that St Cloud suspended those two players for the National Quarterfinal game for a simple scuffle outside of a bar. Let the facts come in and then they get their day in court.

I cannot believe Hardee didn't get his day in court to really prove that he was the driver. What if this is all a vast conspiracy and he never got his day in court?

I also cannot believe that St Cloud suspended those two players for the National Quarterfinal game for a simple scuffle outside of a bar. Let the facts come in and then they get their day in court.

They have been punished enough already!!! Let them play.

There is another issue---i read some where on this thread that when Hardee got his DUI all he got was a verbal reprimand. A verbal? Really? I guess that how you handle it internally?

Since you seem to want to compare, what would be the punishment if a coach at NDSU were to get a DUI? And what if it didn't make the media, would it be a cover-up?

What bothers me the most about the Hardee situation is - the players knew he was clearly intoxicated and spoke up, where were the assistant coaches to step in? You can't tell me the assistants knew nothing about it unless they were intoxicated also. These student athletes deserve better than that. None of the assistants should be considered for the job in my opinion.

Not being in the room I can't define what is included in a "verbal reprimand" it's probably an HR term and of course HR issues and punishments are confidential - but it might have included: requirement for alcohol counceling, probabation and other punishments.

What say you now?!?!

Live it and enjoy!!

No kidding. This is pretty bad. Egg all over Faison and UND on this one. I guess it was a lot more than a first time DUI.

Why was Hardee's contract not amended after the first incident to include some sort of clause to prevent a second one. Hardee actually did UND a favor by resigning. Had he been outright fired, UND would be stuck paying his buyout.

I'm also pretty sure a 20 minute trip by Hardee to the DMV for a certified copy of his own driving record showing proof of reinstatement of his driver's license would have been acceptable enough for Faison as evidence that the DL had been reinstated by the state of ND. Talk about dropping the ball on that one...

• Upvote 1