SiouxSports.com Forum

What's bothering you today?

Goon

Technically, you started both threads...but I had to tease you! ;)

I was doing pretty good, then the earache came back with full force this afternoon. Oh well, I should start getting better soon. Thank you for inquiring.

I hope you feel better. I used to get a ton of Sinus Infections until I got my nose job. Never had one since in a year and a half, of course now my sinus drain into my chest. I hate ear infections too.

The band banging on the drum as the Sioux are about to kill off a penalty. Nothing like telling the visiting team that your guy is about to out of the box. That's what's bothering me.

If they don't, our goalie bangs on the ice to let them know. Maybe he still does, can't hear him because of the drum. :)

I hope you feel better. I used to get a ton of Sinus Infections until I got my nose job. Never had one since in a year and a half, of course now my sinus drain into my chest. I hate ear infections too.

thank you for the thoughts. I think lack of sleep lately + high stress is contributing to part of it. Oh well, it will get better.

Huge fan thanks. Just calling it like I see it. Right now, the SIOUX men's hockey team sucks. You see it differently? That's fine. Don't tell me I'm not a fan for expressing my opinion.

Coming on a message board after a loss to a good team to say the team sucks is not being very supportive.

Choose your words more carefully.

You can be critical and still have faith and be supportive. They struggled this weekend. That's all you can say 6 games into the season.

Coming on a message board after a loss to a good team to say the team sucks is not being very supportive.

You can be critical and still have faith and be supportive. They struggled this weekend. That's all you can say 6 games into the season.

I think the concern is that there are teams that are much better than St. Cloud within and outside our conference and that if we don't get our act together fast, things will get ugly in a hurry. This league is tough top to bottom and it won't take us long to dig a deep hole to climb out of. I don't want to be on the road for the first round of the NCHC playoffs.

Gee thanks for the message board lesson. Much appreciated. Now I now the proper etiquette.

The SIOUX sucked all weekend. That's my take.

Still a fan. Just think they sucked.

Go SIOUX!

Gee thanks for the message board lesson. Much appreciated. Now I now the proper etiquette.

The SIOUX sucked all weekend. That's my take.

Still a fan. Just think they sucked.

Go SIOUX!

Don't you know Reagan said the 11th commandment was to never speak evil of fellow Republicans. The 12th commandment is to never speak evil of UND hockey. LOL

Dump...chase...cycle...

Dump...chase...cycle...

I thought this group would be more "tape to tape" © Doug Woog. Kind of disturbing that halfway through the second period Saturday it turned into chip and chase and dump and go.

It also bothers me that people don't think SCSU is any good. If they aren't very good UND is very very bad.

• Upvote 2

I thought this group would be more "tape to tape" © Doug Woog. Kind of disturbing that halfway through the second period Saturday it turned into chip and chase and dump and go.

It also bothers me that people don't think SCSU is any good. If they aren't very good UND is very very bad.

Couple interesting things. SCSU is good, their basic style is not to trap, they actually play an up and down style which is fun to which.( I enjoy when we play St. Cloud and find it enjoyable hockey for the most part). But people then criticize the inability to beat the trap, which is only successfully beaten by... wait for it... the dump and chase. How do you skate through 4 guys staked from the top of the circles to the red line? You dump it, bust your ass, and get their first. Skating it past those 4 defenders only works if you're a a magician or Toews.

This....

SCSU is coming off a great run to the frozen four, they have a lot of key players that returned and are playing well home and away. They are a top team in the nation and this sweep will see them even higher in the rankings. They are a great team right now.

That said, what is bothering me is what looks like may be the continuing tradition of a crappy season start. I was frustrated with the tie to Vermont, but 3 points was acceptable. A split to Miami was good even though game 2 was frustrating. Now a sweep to SCSU at home. That hurts. We can turn it around. But if we split away series and lose at home, we are in a world of hurt. Let's go Sioux. Only 6 games in, let's turn this around now!