SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Vermont - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

On the radio interview last night Hak told Hennessy that the 2 brothers show a special chemistry when they play on the same line.

That's all I got. :)

Really?

Wow...

From 110 pretty obvious thats not the case.

On the radio interview last night Hak told Hennessy that the 2 brothers show a special chemistry when they play on the same line.

That's all I got. :)

Hak knows more about hockey than I'll ever know. I guess I'll just sit back and let that chemistry show up at some point in time.

It's probably a good thing because some people will leave at the end of regulation because it doesn't mean anything and some people will stay until after the shootout, and people won't have to wait for the buses so long because it will be like two different crowds...oh wait a minute...never mind.

There were people leaving in our section with 2:30 to go in regulation, in a tie game. That just boggles my mind. And it wasn't just a couple.

• Upvote 1

Based on what I saw this weekend (and yes, I know it's early), I like the potential this group has. The freshmen will have their ups and downs, but I think they'll be clicking on all cylinders by Christmas (if not sooner). I also don't believe we will have to rely on one line to put the puck in the net like last year. Next weekend at Miami will tell us a lot about this group.

• Upvote 1

Alright....thoughts:

~After week #1 the #1 goaltender is obviously Zane. Played very well, and made some big saves when they needed them in the third period.

~They can't have Mark play with Mitch. If anyone who watched disagrees I'm all ears for why it some how works.

~Rocco and Drake will draw a lot of attention. Thats why Parks-Mark-Johnson will be that much more potent.

~Keaton Thompson learned what it feels like to get undressed in front of 12,000 people. He'll learn though.

~Stecher again was solid.

~I like the grit Pattyn plays with, but at the end of the game you can't take a penalty in the opposite end of the rink. Hak said it best last night. That group can't take penalties.

Series went how I thought it would. On the road next week in Miami! Ohh wait....the one in Ohio?

I'll add my thought from this weekend...

This squad has lots of potential... could be really good come March.

Rocco and Drake will carry this team thru the Xmas break.

Mark Mac need linemates!!! Seems that OD might have found a gear that isn't stuck in neutral and Parks has to be better. There IMO are your linemates for Mark next weekend.

Mitch...absolutely dont have a clue what Hak sees in him. A penalty within the first minute each night can't be your highlight.

Luke is better than advertised. And Murphy is solid. The 3rd linemate...CHYZYK!! Get him some frickin' ice time please!!

4th line is solid as is.

Dman...where to start. Panz is Panz. Play as needed. Mattson is the wildcard... upper classman but was awful for most of 120+ minutes. Stecher Ausmus and LaDue are solid and will only get better. Thompson had flashes of good play. Roll w Mattson and you'll pay at some point every game. Tough to know who is the last D pairing.

Zane is THE guy.. period.

IMO this team's success long term will hinge on Fr Dman development and finding the right combo to play w Mark Mac.

Tough to watch all the penalties this weekend too. Adjustments by players need to be made ASAP.

My two cents-

Couldn't be happier with the play of Rocco and Cags. We saw flashes of that chemistry and ability last year. I am pleased with ATambo's play as well. For a freshman, he was doing the little things right- he was going to the gritty areas- he had a nice presence and hands goal, and his drive to the net kept the goalie honest on Cags' backhand beauty. He is not strong enough yet, but the comparisons to Brock Nelson seem legit. How about Cags' spinoramma- i saw a guy do that exact move to the backhand and score last year- his name is Patrick Kane...just saying

Luke Johnson- WOW! We stole one there. Of the freshmen, he looks the most ready (even though he clearly doesn't shave yet :) ) I think we landed a 40-50 point jr/sr there.

Parks' strength on his skates is unequaled on the team. We just need someone to get open in the slot when he is grinding and puck protecting on the end boards- I think a St Clair might complement that well-

I like this team's potential too- I'm with people on the line shuffle though...

1. Cags with Rocco and ATambo

2. Johnson with Parks and St. Clair- I think his grit fits here with Parks, and he played well with Rocco last year

3. Mark Mac with Murphy and O'Donnell- the 2013-2014 version of BOD is much improved

4. Pattyn with Rodwell and Chyzyk- Mitch Mac and Gaarder did not earn the right to start Friday IMO

D pairings

1. Simpson and Stecher

2. Schmaltz and LaDue

3. Mattson/Panzo and Ausmus/Thompson (depending on the opponents physicality)

1. Zane

2. Clark

My two cents-

1. Cags with Rocco and ATambo

2. Johnson with Parks and St. Clair- I think his grit fits here with Parks, and he played well with Rocco last year

3. Mark Mac with Murphy and O'Donnell- the 2013-2014 version of BOD is much improved

4. Pattyn with Rodwell and Chyzyk- Mitch Mac and Gaarder did not earn the right to start Friday IMO

D pairings

1. Simpson and Stecher

2. Schmaltz and LaDue

3. Mattson/Panzo and Ausmus/Thompson (depending on the opponents physicality)

1. Zane

2. Clark

I could go with this as well.

• Upvote 1

I'll add my thought from this weekend...

Mitch...absolutely dont have a clue what Hak sees in him. A penalty within the first minute each night can't be your highlight.

Last night I realized he wasn't invisible. The camera showed him close-up in the box.

Disappointed with the result last night just because there were so many chances that the Sioux couldn't finish. OD has actually looked decent and may have a role on this years team. I would much rather see Rodwell or Chyzk over Mitch but wonder if Rodwell is hurt since we haven't seen him yet. Mark is too talented to have Mitch on his line and really kind of drag him down. Thompson really struggled on D and Mattson wasn't real great either. I thought Zane played pretty well and think he wishes he had another chance at both those goals. I think LaDue deflected the 1st goal and Zane would have had it without the deflection and still did get a glove on it. The 2nd goal I would be interested to see if Zane would have made the save without Johnson running into him as I think he probably would have made the save. Here is what I would like to see Friday night at Miami:

Tambo-Caggiula-Rocco

OD-Mark Mac.-Parks

Murphy-Johnson-St.Clair

Chyzk/Gaarder-Pattyn-Rodwell(if healthy)

Simpson-Schmaltz

Ausmus-Stecher

Mattson/Thompson-LaDue

Gothberg

Saunders

Disappointed with the result last night just because there were so many chances that the Sioux couldn't finish. OD has actually looked decent and may have a role on this years team. I would much rather see Rodwell or Chyzk over Mitch but wonder if Rodwell is hurt since we haven't seen him yet. Mark is too talented to have Mitch on his line and really kind of drag him down. Thompson really struggled on D and Mattson wasn't real great either. I thought Zane played pretty well and think he wishes he had another chance at both those goals. I think LaDue deflected the 1st goal and Zane would have had it without the deflection and still did get a glove on it. The 2nd goal I would be interested to see if Zane would have made the save without Johnson running into him as I think he probably would have made the save. Here is what I would like to see Friday night at Miami:

Tambo-Caggiula-Rocco

OD-Mark Mac.-Parks

Murphy-Johnson-St.Clair

Chyzk/Gaarder-Pattyn-Rodwell(if healthy)

Simpson-Schmaltz

Ausmus-Stecher

Mattson/Thompson-LaDue

Gothberg

Saunders

I don't think that Rodwell is hurt.

well there are no REA shuttles anymore.

Make a donation from all of that oil money you make and buy a parking pass. I saw people taking taxis this weekend. Get your wife, girlfriend, whoever to drop you off at the front door. A bus from one of the local Bars might be good too. I know the hotel that was formally known as the Holiday INN had a bus a few years back.