SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

He's done quite well with his other hires so if we have to wait for a phenomenal coach that's fine by me.

Thank you!!!! Everyone on here is panicking, and I'm sitting here glad he's taking his time. I think Faison knows exactly what he's doing and is going to make the right hire. I think he's smart enough to realize (especially now after what happened in Fargo) that spending more time and money on finding someone will be worth the investment.

Question:

Would you rather be "follow the ND University System hiring process" guy and leave no way for anything to be challenged later or would you rather try to short-cut it and have issues to deal with later?

The process almost surely (yes, speculation on my part) has to cover:

- ND state law

- ND University System policies and practices

- Federal equal opportunity guidelines

Oh yeah, dealing with all of those is sure to make any process speedy. :silly:

Serious question - do these same posting requirements and hiring policies apply to the coordinators and assistant coaches? Everyone operates under the assumption that the new head coach will be able to bring in whoever he wants to fill out his staff, but is that really the case? Can he hire them right away, or does the new head coach sit by himself in the football offices for 6 weeks while he goes through the same ridiculous hiring process for his assistants? If so, we're looking at February before UND is going to have a football staff in place.

And Sic, federal regulations are not slowing down the process. Look how quickly they do it in most other States. This is a State law/regulation issue.

Since I'm not privy to how Faison is handling the situation behind the scenes, I think I'm mostly frustrated with State law and procedure (and hoping he's doing what he can to circumvent this ridiculous process to make sure he gets the best candidate that might otherwise want this job). I can find the open records law in the NDCC, but I haven't been able to find State hiring laws/rules that talk about minimum posting requirements, a point system, the finalist/interview process that supposedly applies to every hire. Anyone know where these laws (or rules) are located?

Are these policies available online? I'm specifically referring to whatever rules are in place which require a job to be posted for x number of days, etc. What is the quickest time in which you have seen a hiring process take?

I purged a ton of papers when my office space was remodeled, and I know I don't have any documents laying out the policies. I am guessing you or others have already searched the UND HR website.

I am going by memory, but I think jobs must be posted 1 week internally and if there are no applicants 2 weeks externally. Add a couple days for screening. So, approximately 7 working days with internal applicants would be the quickest hire in normal situations.

One of the things I am most excited for with the new staff is that all the players are going to have a clean slate with them. There won't be any favorites to start off. Freshman could start over seniors.

This!

A guy like Sparks actually has a chance to see the field now...if he earns it of course.