SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

If it is DeBoer, I'm happy he can come put back together what he helped destroy (from the opposing sideline).

His head coaching record speaks for itself, I don't care what level it was at. You don't end up with as many national championships as total losses and not know how to coach. His results as an OC were a mixed bag, it is what it is but that is not what he's being hired to do. Bring in a strong assistant staff and get the ship turned around.

Let's not forget the influence a HC has on an OC.

Look at Caruso. As OC at NDSU, ran power twice then chucked it deep on 3rd and long. Got to USD and all of a sudden was running empty backfield with two TE's. Formations were innovative and unpredictable, averaged 45 ppg and 500 ypg.

Lennon prefers to run the ball and play D. I wouldn't be surprised if he tamed down DeBoer a little bit.

• Upvote 1

If DeBoer is the guy he will get my support. But it would be rather peculiar hire IMO. To me it is peculiar that he is a finalist. There were probably 10 guys that applied with better resumes. If Faison was not the ad in 2009 when DeBoer embarrassed UND, he wouldn't be considered right now.

• Upvote 1

If DeBoer is the guy he will get my support. But it would be rather peculiar hire IMO. To me it is peculiar that he is a finalist. There were probably 10 guys that applied with better resumes. If Faison was not the ad in 2009 when DeBoer embarrassed UND, he wouldn't be considered right now.

exactly my point I have been trying to make all month long!

Can you really have it both ways?

If DeBoer didn't embarrass UND he wouldn't have been considered.

If Bubba wasn't at UND he wouldn't be considered.

If there were ten applicants had better resumes than DeBoer, I wonder how many more applicants would have had better resumes than Bubba?

• Upvote 1

I am balling my eyes out

http://www.undsports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204762729&SPID=40021&SPSID=334852

look how big our O line was. true hogs.

and our D stopped the vaunted GVSU offense that year that tore up every

pop questions - who was our d coordinator that came up with the game plan to stump them?

And who was our offensive coordinator? How'd that work out?

And who was our offensive coordinator? How'd that work out?

yeah but our defense held the vaunted GVSU under 11 points....no other team that year can say that

martin, who is now the coach at notre dame, said that was the best d2 defense has ever seen and has rivaled some d1 defenses.

This is an embarassment to und history and football tradition!

All the years of bubbas and dales hardwork and now we get some naia guy to keep up the mediocrity!

Relax, if it is DeBoer, we'll be fine. You win three national championships at any level and you know how to coach. And Bubba's head coaching record is mediocre at best.