SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

That is unbelievable. I have seen the replay several times and that was a clear head shot. Not necessarily intentional, but the shoulder was to the head. The Gopher announcers are embarrassing themselves on this one.

From my view it was shoulder to shoulder....interference for sure though.

Shootouts are embarrassing to the sport. Just embarrassing.

Yep, thanks NHL for giving us the equivalent of a home-run hitting contest to decide the outcome of a hockey game. And college bought it hook, line, and sinker.

An embarrassment...completely agree, Mariucci.

• Upvote 1

Yep, thanks NHL for giving us the equivalent of a home-run hitting contest to decide the outcome of a hockey game. And college bought it hook, line, and sinker.

We agree 100%. I watched a high scoring great game between two rivals that inevitably would have ended with an overtime thrilling goal but yet we decide to basically stop a game in progress so we can have a cute little one on one contest to decide the winner.

I honestly question the hockey IQ of anyone who is seriously in favor of this crap.

We agree 100%. I watched a high scoring great game between two rivals that inevitably would have ended with an overtime thrilling goal but yet we decide to basically stop a game in progress so we can have a cute little one on one contest to decide the winner.

I honestly question the hockey IQ of anyone who is seriously in favor of this crap.

Right on. Can you imagine exchanging the thrilling Final Five OT game-winners from Matt Frattin and Blake Wheeler for cookie-cutter one-on-one shoot-out victories?

NO THANKS!

Right on. Can you imagine exchanging the thrilling Final Five OT game-winners from Matt Frattin and Blake Wheeler for cookie-cutter one-on-one shoot-out victories?

NO THANKS!

The difference here, though, is a non-conference regular season "tourney" vs. an actual conference championship with a NCAA auto-bid at stake. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shootouts won't be used to decide auto-bid games (at least I hope not for the sake of all things pure in the world).

The difference here, though, is a non-conference regular season "tourney" vs. an actual conference championship with a NCAA auto-bid at stake. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shootouts won't be used to decide auto-bid games (at least I hope not for the sake of all things pure in the world).

You're correct, but it decided the 1994 Olympics...a total travesty.

Made a swedish kid named Forsberg a household name though...

The Czech Republic team in '98 was a bigger and better story, in my humble opinion. For years, the second-best team in Europe and probably the world (as Czechoslovakia, obviously), but always under orders to lose to the Soviet Union when it mattered most. In 1998, the Czechs had their payback. The massive crowd of people celebrating in Prague after the gold medal game was really something to see.

Back on topic, Penn State lost 3-2 to Boston College last night...sure would have been nice to see them win that game.

The Czech Republic team in '98 was a bigger and better story, in my humble opinion. For years, the second-best team in Europe and probably the world (as Czechoslovakia, obviously), but always under orders to lose to the Soviet Union when it mattered most. In 1998, the Czechs had their payback. The massive crowd of people celebrating in Prague after the gold medal game was really something to see.

Back on topic, Penn State lost 3-2 to Boston College last night...sure would have been nice to see them win that game.

Pretty cool story about David Glen missing a few games for Penn State cause he's donating bone marrow.

Don't leave out a free throw shooting contest at the end of a basketball game analogy...:)
  • Upvote 1