SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

It's amazing how few people in the TC media truly understand the set up or why it's happening the way it is. I listened to Ruesse yesterday and his hair-brained idea is that MSU and BSU should trade off each year and SCSU and UMD should be grandfathered in. Jess Meyers either doesn't get it or didn't want to spoil Ruesse's bit. Randy Shaver didn't even understand that it was a tournament this morning. It makes me distrust most of what they say simply because they are talking as if they are an "authority" and they're just flat out wrong.

Patrick Ruesse should really just refrain from making any comments at all involving the sport of hockey. "Grandfather" in SCSU and UMD for what reason? Just because? Unbelievable.

And, you're correct - it really is amazing how few people in the TC media truly understand things related to hockey.

Patrick Ruesse should really just refrain from making any comments at all involving the sport of hockey. "Grandfather" in SCSU and UMD for what reason? Just because? Unbelievable.

And, you're correct - it really is amazing how few people in the TC media truly understand things related to hockey.

Because they are the "Big 3". His belief is that MSU and BSU are lesser teams because they are part of the WCHA. He certainly doesn't understand the games limit that the NCAA has and doesn't understand that the other 4 schools involved in the whole thing aren't doing it for the good of the Gophers. For some reason the media types in the TC think that the other schools should be happy with being mentioned in the same breath as the U. They fail to realize that our main goal is not to make MN successful, it's to make our own school successful.

• Upvote 1

Even though they are part of the "hockey state".

'98 (15 years old) isn't so bad. Kid could be in the CHL soon if he wasn't planning on NCAA.

I agree that it's not that bad; I seem to remember Kristo making his first visit or call to UND as a freshman. It's just still on the young side, so there's a higher risk that development doesn't continue along the projected path.

I thought there would be about 5,000 - 7,000 for this game tops. Is that pretty accurate?

Not that many in the lower bowl right now, haven't seen the upper bowl.

Snowing in the TC, I guess. Uplink to dish satellite is poor/skipping/pixelated.

Solid point. I take it back.

I'm actually excited about the night game. I went to the Friday game when SCSU played in GF and they looked like a pretty good team. Should be a fun match up with them

Nevermind, I got it now. You thought I was tossing softballs for smokey to hit LOL.

Nevermind, I got it now. You thought I was tossing softballs for smokey to hit LOL.

Yes. Lol

I would have almost thought since Minnesota is the host that their league's refs would work the games.

I guess not. I like the neutral officials idea better.

On a side note, Munn Arena blows. Put some modern lighting in your arena for cripes sake. The shadows of the players skating shouldn't be that noticeable. If the shadows were colored red or blue it would look like a real life game of NHL 96 on SEGA Genesis with the stars underneath them