SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Just go back to 5 on 5 and let ties happen. The shoot-out is akin to MLB not playing extra innings and letting the game be decided by a home-run hitting contest.

I hate shootouts in college hockey. It's like ending a tie football game with a field goal contest. I say go to 10 minutes of 4 on 4 and still tied so be it.

If they did that I would actually watch baseball.

How about we make the parks 400 feet from home plate to center field like we did in the early 1900's until the 1950's instead of playing on the 300 feet-to-left-field softball fields that MLB players play on now first?

I'm lost here. Ha ha. Seriously how could that point not matter in league play? Say one team is 7-3 for 21 points (3 for win). The other is 6-2-1 getting an extra point for the shoot win for 20 points. The last team is 6-2-1 shootout loss for 19 points. Am I off somewhere on this?

I was trying to tell the original poster that the shootout loss (to MSU) does matter as MSU gained an extra point by winning that game. Nationally it goes down as a tie but within the Big10 it does matter. However UMN will take down the conference so in all reality it probably won't mean much. But.....a shootout win, thus the extra pt, does actually matter.

I was trying to tell the original poster that the shootout loss (to MSU) does matter as MSU gained an extra point by winning that game. Nationally it goes down as a tie but within the Big10 it does matter. However UMN will take down the conference so in all reality it probably won't mean much. But.....a shootout win, thus the extra pt, does actually matter.

Then I was thinking and following you correctly. You were right along. It would be sweet though to see the shootout loss bite the rodents tail though.

I think that was early in the 1997-98 season on the road in Colorado Springs; where freshman Karl Goehring had his coming out party. I believe we won and tied that weekend.

december 1996 was a 5-5 tie in grand forks, looking for the box score...

A couple of surprise scores Friday night. Union beat SCSU 4-1 in St. Cloud and Western Michigan beat UMD in Duluth 5-3.

Is the ECAC now on par, or even better, than most of the other conferences? Seems Canadian junior, and the NHL calling early, have leveled the playing field in college hockey.

Is the ECAC now on par, or even better, than most of the other conferences? Seems Canadian junior, and the NHL calling early, have leveled the playing field in college hockey.

And that's a good thing, IMO. I remember when UND would consider Yale a gimme.

• 2 weeks later...