SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Duluth is fun to watch. Even when they were skating circles around UND Saturday night. They've been a Jekyll and Hyde team a bit as well. Probably should fire Scotty.

Several teams it seems in the NCHC. Who would have thought UNO, Denver, Duluth and CC would have several what appear to be losses to bad teams early in the season, only to win games now you'd think they cannot. Throw Lowell from HE into that bucket as well.

Cornell freshman goalie scored a goal in his first career game I believe

@ToddMilewski: Cornell freshman goaltender Mitch Gillam's first collegiate start tonight: 2 goals allowed, 1 goal scored. Big Red beat Niagara 4-2.

Has a college goalie ever scored a goal before?

NCAA[edit]

Damian Rhodes was credited with a goal while playing with Michigan Technological University on January 21, 1989. [25]

Chad Alban, Michigan State University goalie, scored an empty-net goal against Ferris State on February 28, 1998. Alban is credited as the first goalie in NCAA history to shoot the puck himself and score a goal.

Shanley Peters was credited with a goal while playing for University of Wisconsin - Superior in a game on November 15 2013 vs Eau Claire Blugolds[26] to become the first women's college goalie credited with a goal.

Mitch Gillam, in his NCAA debut game at Cornell University, scored an empty-net goal against Niagara University on November 26, 2013 on a shot with 9 seconds left in the game.[27]

Figured everyone would be asking themselves this question.

Cornell freshman goalie scored a goal in his first career game I believe

@ToddMilewski: Cornell freshman goaltender Mitch Gillam's first collegiate start tonight: 2 goals allowed, 1 goal scored. Big Red beat Niagara 4-2.

That goalie has more goals than a few Sioux forwards.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else notice akward silence in this badgers game? Wtf? Just pulled some interns off the coffee duties I see. I thought my tv was on mute but then heard a few gophs fans talking to each other. Very bad

Then they start talking .....and you can't wait for awkward silence!