SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

It appears that Ausmus and Thompson did not make the U.S. World Junior team (http://www.uscho.com...-junior-roster/), but a majority of the players on the preliminary roster play in the NCAA.

Does anyone know if Ausmus or Thompson had a realistic chance of making the team? I read that they were both invited to the evaluation camp this past summer.

It appears that Ausmus and Thompson did not make the U.S. World Junior team (http://www.uscho.com...-junior-roster/), but a majority of the players on the preliminary roster play in the NCAA.

Does anyone know if Ausmus or Thompson had a realistic chance of making the team? I read that they were both invited to the evaluation camp this past summer.

They were both cut from that camp I believe. That didn't mean they couldn't make the team but it was a long shot after the cuts. Ausmus could be a nice fit on the back end of the D for USA but they have better to choose from in the end. Next years USA team could have 3/4 UND guys who have played well in many international tourneys up to date!

Wonder if the Lucia pet goes heavy NCAA with a few MJ guys. Who was the kid who left for MJ this fall for him? He's having a nice year if I read right. Names slipping my mind. Vanelli??

Talk about ups and downs...Maine smokes BU and BC...and then goes to Vermont and promptly gets swept.

Those ups and downs are directly tied to location. Maine has been rocking it at home (great for local fans), but lays an egg every time they play a road game.

I'm going to the CC/UNO series this weekend. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best for CC. Went to the UNO/DU series a few weeks back and was very impressed with Omaha. Fun team to watch. Curious how long Owens will have his job if things continue the way they have...CC is 1-10-2.

I'm going to the CC/UNO series this weekend. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best for CC. Went to the UNO/DU series a few weeks back and was very impressed with Omaha. Fun team to watch. Curious how long Owens will have his job if things continue the way they have...CC is 1-10-2.

Yes you would think the heat must be on Owens pretty good. I wonder what happened down there?

In another head scratcher: CC 4 UNO 2

I went to the CC game tonight and this is the first game I've seen all year where they played a fundamentally sound game for 60 full minutes. Archibald, Guentzel, Walters and co. were neutralized. CC attacked and crashed the net.

Also, I like the point system because if you win, the 3 points can really move you up the ladder in a hurry.