SiouxSports.com Forum

Got Swindled at Rydell, Again....

IrishSiouxFan

I made the mistake of taking my vehicle into Rydell to have it worked on. This is the second occasion in which the price they quoted me was no where close to the price out the door( and there were no unforeseen complications that needed additional funding to fix). Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..... Can anybody in the Grand Forks area recommend a good auto shop that does honest and reliable work at a fair price?

I made the mistake of taking my vehicle into Rydell to have it worked on. This is the second occasion in which the price they quoted me was no where close to the price out the door( and there were no unforeseen complications that needed additional funding to fix). Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..... Can anybody in the Grand Forks area recommend a good auto shop that does honest and reliable work at a fair price?

On two occassions I went into Rydells and they told me they had a quote that they were going fix my vehicle and I said fine, if you need to do anything else call me first before you do the work. Both time they had did more than I authorized. Told the clerk that I didn't authorized that and ended up getting work down for free.

On two occassions I went into Rydells and they told me they had a quote that they were going fix my vehicle and I said fine, if you need to do anything else call me first before you do the work. Both time they had did more than I authorized. Told the clerk that I didn't authorized that and ended up getting work down for free.

They're always trying to push authorizing a certain dollar amount on me before I get the estimate, that just seems really shady to me. I'm not looking for a handout, just a fair shake. I'll definitely call around to some of the recommendations you guys have made. Much appreciated!

They're always trying to push authorizing a certain dollar amount on me before I get the estimate, that just seems really shady to me. I'm not looking for a handout, just a fair shake. I'll definitely call around to some of the recommendations you guys have made. Much appreciated!

I don't like that idea either....That does seem a little questionable to me as well. I ussually drop my car off before work and then pick it up after work. If you don't like Rydell's, there's a Chevy Dealer in Oslo, Dahlstrom's isn't too bad either and their a tad bit cheaper as well. I did buy a car through them once.

I'm so glad someone posted about Rydell. I have had horrible experiences there, yet have bought 3 cars from them. Next car, I drive to Fargo or the Twin Cities.

95% of car salesmen are crooks. Doesn't change when you leave Grand Forks. That being said, the ND economy has made cars more expensive here compared to many dealerships in the cities.

When growing up in GF, I could count on my dad. He worked as a mechanic at a power company so not only did he fix my vehicle but got parts for cheap with his company discounts. I am amazed how he could know what was wrong with my car. I am nowhere a car guy I know how to change the oil and pump gas but it pretty much stops there (but when it comes to sports I know a lot). He had connections all over town (talk to so and so at this place, and so on). But UNDBIZ is right the crooks don't stop in GF, there are some in Fargo. They know they can charge high and get away with it because you need it fixed. It sucks but its life. So call around and take it a dealership at a last resort.

I kinda miss the good ole days when there was no Lithia and Rydells actually had to compete again the Hansen brothers...dida lot of negotiating in those days when I would drive a brand new Silverado on to hansens lot then they would drop theire price then drive the new ford on to rydells price and they would want my business then end up abck at ford cuz the guys there were more willing to deal and want ur business.

I'm so glad someone posted about Rydell. I have had horrible experiences there, yet have bought 3 cars from them. Next car, I drive to Fargo or the Twin Cities.

I bought from Luther in Fargo and have had a great experience. They've always been very up front and honest with me regarding maintenance & repairs, and they've even bent the limits of my vehicle's warranty to help make a couple of repairs much more affordable for me.

Have also bought from Corwin in Fargo, and will never do so again. A couple of times they did work that was not authorized.

Look on the back of your ticket stub from hockey, football etc. GF Subaru Kia does a great job servicing vehicles and great to deal with on the sales side( daughter just purchased a Kia from them)

I wouldn't bring my vehicle to GF Subaru, I mean Muscatell of Fargo.

I was heading north on I 29 and decided to check Dahlstroms at Oslo, lo and behold, they did it for free!

Dahlstrom's is a great example of a dealer that gets it. I'm sure they could bend you over like the others if they wanted to. But they realize you're going to be back in four years if they look you in the eye and treat you fairly now.

I'm not sure why the high volume places never figure that out.

If your vehicle is not under warrenty for service repair and you are in the Fargo area, I'd go to United Automotive just off of 32nd Ave. S. Have never had an issue there.

After the last UND/NDSU FB game played, I went to Eide in GF snooping around for an SUV and was treated great. Told them what I was looking for and they found that identical vehicle in Jamestown and had it delivered to me that Tuesday. Had been to multiple dealers in Fargo prior and got the run around.

Dahlstrom's is a great example of a dealer that gets it. I'm sure they could bend you over like the others if they wanted to. But they realize you're going to be back in four years if they look you in the eye and treat you fairly now.

I'm not sure why the high volume places never figure that out.

I didn't mind them, my father in law was mad at me when I bought a car from them because's a big Rydell fan. My last car was bought at Rydells...

If your vehicle is not under warrenty for service repair and you are in the Fargo area, I'd go to United Automotive just off of 32nd Ave. S. Have never had an issue there.

After the last UND/NDSU FB game played, I went to Eide in GF snooping around for an SUV and was treated great. Told them what I was looking for and they found that identical vehicle in Jamestown and had it delivered to me that Tuesday. Had been to multiple dealers in Fargo prior and got the run around.

Really - because I got a huge run-around at Eide - When I was trying to compare comparable vehicles from Honda, Toyota, Hundai, and Chevy an Eide salesman told me that he couldn't quote me their bottom line price unless I would buy it on the spot otherwise he would "lose rapport with his manager". If this is your idea of a great car shopping experience by all means stop in at Eide.

Eides tried to charge me shop fees for a vehicle covered under a factory warranty. They said its their policy 20 some odd dollars when the factory warranty should cover 100%. Ill never go back to eides. Also not in agreement with their closing tactic used over there. Sure I wouldn't be of most of the dealerships though.