SiouxSports.com Forum

Ticket sells

A.) how long ago was that?

B.) much bigger venue(can't imagine NDSU has had trouble getting 10,000 butts in the seats in a very long time)

C.) tough to remember much after all the tailgating people have gotten the last couple years ;)

If Bison players would deliver tickets they would do one of the following:

A.) drop their pants exposing themselves.

B.) punch me in the face.

C.) they would not ask for me to sign a petition cause they have already signed it for me

• Upvote 2

If Bison players would deliver tickets they would do one of the following:

A.) drop their pants exposing themselves.

B.) punch me in the face.

C.) they would not ask for me to sign a petition cause they have already signed it for me

D) proceed to a police car back seat confessional about how your girlfriend is way out of their league.

D) proceed to a police car back seat confessional about how your girlfriend is way out of their league.

E.) Get the charges dropped because the state of North Dakota loves the Bison.....and then probably take that girlfriend of yours out for a nice seafood dinner....and NEVER call her again.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure with a promotion such as this, they are more than prepared to have that scenario happen. But I don't think it's a good business practice to just give something that has value, away for free...just because. In this case tickets. They should do everything in their power to try to deliver on time and collect- after all college sports is more than ever about the bottom line. I also think the promotion is far more about getting coach's and student athletes out to meet new fans who may be getting exposed to UND Football for the first time. Also, I think that if they don't deliver on time and that person wants the tickets free, they're not going to have any problem with it and it's a contingency that Athletics is prepared for and made their peace with. That's the promotion and it's a good, attention getting promotion.

I already have my tickets but if I were to take part in the promotion and a player hands me tickets at 34 minutes- I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. I'm still going to pay. I'm not "that guy". Never have been, just not in my makeup.

I don't think they'll be late with any on purpose but I don't think it would necessarily be a bad business decision. At this point, football tickets are essentially an unlimited commodity. There are far more seats in the Alerus than there will be season tickets sold. Giving season tickets away for free to someone who otherwise may not have been in the building doesn't cost the Alerus or UND anything besides the cost of printing the tickets. Now, I'm not saying we should give away tickets at every street because that would piss off those who paid for tickets. In a promotion like this, however, any free tickets that are given away are more than worth it if it means 10 more people (or whatever the number is) are buying tickets and will be in the seats on gameday.

I don't think they'll be late with any on purpose but I don't think it would necessarily be a bad business decision. At this point, football tickets are essentially an unlimited commodity. There are far more seats in the Alerus than there will be season tickets sold. Giving season tickets away for free to someone who otherwise may not have been in the building doesn't cost the Alerus or UND anything besides the cost of printing the tickets. Now, I'm not saying we should give away tickets at every street because that would piss off those who paid for tickets. In a promotion like this, however, any free tickets that are given away are more than worth it if it means 10 more people (or whatever the number is) are buying tickets and will be in the seats on gameday.

I agree with what you said. I was trying to get to that point, but didn't quite get there with what I wrote. The plus's far outweigh any minuses with this event.

Also a small side effect of getting some new season ticket holders through this promotion could be that since they are probably casual fans anyway, they probably won't go to all of the games. Since tickets are such a good deal and seven home games they may simply give away tickets to other new fans who may be on the fence but wouldn't pull the trigger. Sometimes all it takes is to get someone new there once and they are hooked.

A solid winning season also goes a long way so let's not forget that.

It's a chance for fans to meet the staff and players, it's called community relations. NDSU football players has a special relationship with its community it's called community service (if they show up).

NDSU can't take a chance it won't end up with a larceny or assault situation.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30534-UND-Football-to-Deliver-Season-Tickets-in-quot-30-Minutes-or-Less-quot

BV is making fun of the ticket delivery, maybe it would make them feel better if the tickets were fake or some other illegal activity involving the team was going on. I guess that only occurs for the FU team.

Could see some NDSU fan ordering just to cause trouble.

E.) Get the charges dropped because the state of North Dakota loves the Bison.....and then probably take that girlfriend of yours out for a nice seafood dinner....and NEVER call her again.

A through D were based in reality. You fail and are awarded no credit.

What was the Alerus like back in 2005? Whatever it was, I guess this is the perfect year to come back to Grand Forks after being away since 2003 when I was in fourth Grade. UND I am so ready to loss my voice every weekend if possible. Homework first thought.

What was the Alerus like back in 2005? Whatever it was, I guess this is the perfect year to come back to Grand Forks after being away since 2003 when I was in fourth Grade. UND I am so ready to loss my voice every weekend if possible. Homework first thought.

The atmosphere was awesome. I cannot wait for us to get back to that.

The atmosphere was awesome. I cannot wait for us to get back to that.

I noticed this looking at the 2005 schedule:

Sat, Oct 08 Ferris State (Military Appreciation Day) Grand Forks, ND 44 - 7 (W)

Also over 12,000 for UND vs St. Cloud State. I hope UND gets back to that level.

• Upvote 1