SiouxSports.com Forum

Ticket sells

No bud they don't need to. We don't have former players acting like scum around grand forks and then disappearing. We have plenty of former players that like to visit town and continue to be a part of the community. Maybe you do in Fargo too? Or is this just bad luck?

This crap gives our state a bad name and it irks me. This doesn't get to you for giving your city and school's leadership a bad name? Maybe that's part of the problem.

But, if a former UND player did get in trouble. UND would then be responsible?

Of course it bugs me, these kids are idiots for not following through with their punishments. But, I'm not sure how you expect NDSU to take responsibility for the actions of a player that hasn't been on the roster in 18 months.

Of course it bugs me, these kids are idiots for not following through with their punishments. But, I'm not sure how you expect NDSU to take responsibility for the actions of a player that hasn't been on the roster in 18 months.

It's the fact these players got basically no punishment when they were on the team then they got community service (another slap on the wrist) and now they are on the loose. That is where we feel if NDSU would have nipped it in the butt in the first place these players most likely will see some wrong in their crime.

There's a characteristic of an individual called character. Former player or not. You'd hope in college and being given the opportunity to compete in a d1 sport that your character would grow. Do you not see a trend here?

It's the fact these players got basically no punishment when they were on the team then they got community service (another slap on the wrist) and now they are on the loose. That is where we feel if NDSU would have nipped it in the butt in the first place these players most likely will see some wrong in their crime.

So again, NDSU is responsible for the legal system letting these kids off the hook? It was the judge that handed out community service.

There's a characteristic of an individual called character. Former player or not. You'd hope in college and being given the opportunity to compete in a d1 sport that your character would grow. Do you not see a trend here?

You would hope that, I agree. I do see a trend and I don't like it.

But, this voter fraud thing is old news. The players involved are no longer on the team. What they do now is their responsibility.

If Braden Hansen was picked up for (fill in the blank crime), you wouldn't hear peep from me.

The only reason this stuff bugs you is because it feels good for you guys to find some flaw in the armor of NDSU football. That's it. It doesn't reflect poorly on the state. It doesn't reflect poorly on UND like some have stated. It is purely a subconscious or conscious need for some of you to bring NDSU down a peg.

It isn't about NDSU taking responsibilities for the players actions, as much as the teams playing them in the first place. The last vote fraud was on Brad Miller time if I am not mistaken.

So let me be clear here. If NDSU would have sat these kids down for a meaningless game, against a crap team, that Fargo South High School could beat. You guys would have been fine with it? Please, there isn't a punishment on earth that would've satisfied the naysayers and the same will play out for Mr. Beck come this fall. If he isn't kicked off the team and his mugshot posted on every street corner in ND, people on this board will say it wasn't harsh enough.

But, this voter fraud thing is old news. The players involved are no longer on the team. What they do now is their responsibility.

If Braden Hansen was picked up for (fill in the blank crime), you wouldn't hear peep from me.

The only reason this stuff bugs you is because it feels good for you guys to find some flaw in the armor of NDSU football. That's it. It doesn't reflect poorly on the state. It doesn't reflect poorly on UND like some have stated. It is purely a subconscious or conscious need for some of you to bring NDSU down a peg.

Let me break this down for you....

It makes the forum's papers.

It identifies that voter fraud has taken place by ndsu football players former and or current.

It identifies that voter fraud isn't that big of a deal in nd because of the slap on the wrist charges, as well as the lack of the follow through by the now former ndsu football players on how serious they think their crime and punishment was.

This is not old news, this article just came out. Like it or not, this reflects poorly on the state. Continuing to defend and make excuses for these guys, and to make excuses for the excuses that bohl and Taylor have made in the past......well it's not going to get any better.

But Braden Hanson wasn't picked up during his year at UND...these players were still ON the team. Big difference buddy. These players aren't from the Rocky Hager era they were on the fricken team when they were arrested. Got it? They were NOT former players when Bohl and Taylor came out with their press conference and said no suspensions (because winning is everything) and they are victims ( not the 400,000+ voters of ND), haven't they been through enough boo hoo. FU is responsible when they were on the team...when they left the school for good it was the judicial systems fault, the two go together.

Let me break this down for you....

It makes the forum's papers.

It identifies that voter fraud has taken place by ndsu football players former and or current.

It identifies that voter fraud isn't that big of a deal in nd because of the slap on the wrist charges, as well as the lack of the follow through by the now former ndsu football players on how serious they think their crime and punishment was.

This is not old news, this article just came out. Like it or not, this reflects poorly on the state. Continuing to defend and make excuses for these guys, and to make excuses for the excuses that bohl and Taylor have made in the past......well it's not going to get any better.

Thanks for the breakdown, a quick note though.

Just because something is in the paper, doesn't make it news. The forum's job is to sell papers, they know an NDSU headline gets them a bump. Nothing more. Nobody cares about this, some guys that are no longer on NDSU's team didn't show up for community service. People don't show up for community service literally every day in ND, we don't hear about it. When they can sell more papers it goes on page one above the fold.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this reflecting poorly on the state. Who outside of the forum's readership will even know about it?

But Braden Hanson wasn't picked up during his year at UND...these players were still ON the team. Big difference buddy. These players aren't from the Rocky Hager era they were on the fricken team when they were arrested. Got it? They were NOT former players when Bohl and Taylor came out with their press conference and said no suspensions (because winning is everything) and they are victims ( not the 400,000+ voters of ND), haven't they been through enough boo hoo. FU is responsible when they were on the team...when they left the school for good it was the judicial systems fault, the two go together.

I can't help but laugh at most of your posts darell, they just make no sense sometimes.

I agree, they were on the team for the initial offense, but we aren't talking about that right now are we. You and rednek are feigning concern over people skipping out on community service 18 months after they last appeared on NDSU's roster. See the difference(to use your smart aleck comment)

Edit: I re-read your post and realized you just said exactly what I've been saying for the past half of an hour in bold. So why are you arguing with me? Why aren't you throwing a holy sh$t fit about our legal system failing, instead of trying to pile this on NDSU's plate?

Thanks for the breakdown, a quick note though.

Just because something is in the paper, doesn't make it news. The forum's job is to sell papers, they know an NDSU headline gets them a bump. Nothing more. Nobody cares about this, some guys that are no longer on NDSU's team didn't show up for community service. People don't show up for community service literally every day in ND, we don't hear about it. When they can sell more papers it goes on page one above the fold.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this reflecting poorly on the state. Who outside of the forum's readership will even know about it?

But not everyone gets the golden pass like FU football players. You commit a crime you are pretty much guaranteed a free pass on ND laws.

But not everyone gets the golden pass like FU football players. You commit a crime you are pretty much guaranteed a free pass on ND laws.

Don't talk to me about Golden passes Darell. I know A LOT of people who attended and played sports for UND. Let's just say your players don't have it too bad up there in GF and we can leave it at that.

Fair enough. But this already has reflected poorly on the state by tainting our voting process to begin with. Now we have former athletes of a state school that have already taken a dump on our voting process, take another dump on our legal process. All while the leaders of these former players have made excuses for these same former players. Tell us how all of this does not reflect poorly on your school's program and our state.

Fair enough. But this already has reflected poorly on the state by tainting our voting process to begin with. Now we have former athletes of a state school that have already taken a dump on our voting process, take another dump on our legal process. All while the leaders of these former players have made excuses for these same former players. Tell us how all of this does not reflect poorly on your school's program and our state.

#buttnatty...#buttfootball

Don't talk to me about Golden passes Darell. I know A LOT of people who attended and played sports for UND. Let's just say your players don't have it too bad up there in GF and we can leave it at that.

And how many of them have warrants out for their arrests? I think UND is harsher in hockey players (our #1 sport) than FU is in their football players (your #1 sport).

I was unaware Bohl or Taylor commented on these guys(no longer on the team of course) skipping out on their community service. Please show us the link where Taylor and/or Bohl made an excuse for skipping service hours.

This doesn't reflect well on the program but not much can be done about them. They aren't at NDSU anymore. And honestly, no one outside the area probably knows or cares about this.

It does reflect poorly on NDSU, but it shouldn't. Is NDSU supposed to employ resources for former players to keep their lives together after they are no longer with the program?

And how many of them have warrants out for their arrests? I think UND is harsher in hockey players (our #1 sport) than FU is in their football players (your #1 sport).

You've missed my point completely as usual darell. Like I said, UND athletes have a pretty good gig in GF.

I was unaware Bohl or Taylor commented on these guys(no longer on the team of course) skipping out on their community service. Please show us the link where Taylor and/or Bohl made an excuse for skipping service hours.

This doesn't reflect well on the program but not much can be done about them. They aren't at NDSU anymore. And honestly, no one outside the area probably knows or cares about this.

I never said bohl or Taylor defended their cutting out on community service. But both have a history of defending questionable actions. Would you agree that maybe your team's issue may be a little deeper than a few bad apples?

I believe the point he may have been making is that the Grand Forks Police Department generally stays out of UND's way.