SiouxSports.com Forum

Ticket sells

It does reflect poorly on NDSU, but it shouldn't. Is NDSU supposed to employ resources for former players to keep their lives together after they are no longer with the program?

No but could they possibly do a better job preparing them for real life situations post school?

I never said bohl or Taylor defended their cutting out on community service. But both have a history of defending questionable actions. Would you agree that maybe your team's issue may be a little deeper than a few bad apples?

No, I wouldn't agree with that at all.

I challenge you to look at ANY college football program that has had enough success that the media actually cares to report on them. Look at any of these schools and tell me if they don't have run ins with the law in the same if not higher proportions than NDSU.

You've missed my point completely as usual darell. Like I said, UND athletes have a pretty good gig in GF.

I'd agree they do. Most people look up to alot of them and they aren't just handed that. You earn your reputation. Do remember though that they are also easily identifiable by law enforcement.

I challenge you to look at ANY college football program that has had enough success that the media actually cares to report on them. Look at any of these schools and tell me if they don't have run ins with the law in the same if not higher proportions than NDSU.

NDSU=SMU ;)

No but could they possibly do a better job preparing them for real life situations post school?

This is what I'll never understand about this argument. You have no baseline for any of these guys' behavior or ethics or morals etc. before they enrolled at NDSU.

Without a baseline how do you know if they are better or worse off in the categories you find worthy. Maybe, their time in NDSU's program left them far better equipped to handle life than they would have been without it. Something to consider.

I'd agree they do. Most people look up to alot of them and they aren't just handed that. You earn your reputation. Do remember though that they are also easily identifiable by law enforcement.

What do you mean by you earn your reputation? And being easily identified by law enforcement can work in your favor if you are in the right place.

This is what I'll never understand about this argument. You have no baseline for any of these guys' behavior or ethics or morals etc. before they enrolled at NDSU.

Without a baseline how do you know if they are better or worse off in the categories you find worthy. Maybe, their time in NDSU's program left them far better equipped to handle life than they would have been without it. Something to consider.

They see the people in trouble before enrolling, they know about the free passes if not from Bohl then from other players or students. If Bohl can't control these players how can they deal with society when they get out? They must know the free rides stop when they leave school.

Your team could have been winless last year and Taylor's whining about leaving these guys alone after the csu game would have been just as emberassing.

Your team could have been winless last year and Taylor's whining about leaving these guys alone after the csu game would have been just as emberassing.

Embarrassing, sure. But, it wouldn't have stayed in the news nearly as long.

They see the people in trouble before enrolling, they know about the free passes if not from Bohl then from other players or students. If Bohl can't control these players how can they deal with society when they get out? They must know the free rides stop when they leave school.

You are certifiably nuts sometimes. Yeah it's a huge conspiracy, the current players are telling all the really good players to come to NDSU because you can get away with murder here.

I can't decide if living in your head would be fun or scary sometimes.

You are certifiably nuts sometimes. Yeah it's a huge conspiracy, the current players are telling all the really good players to come to NDSU because you can get away with murder here.

I can't decide if living in your head would be fun or scary sometimes.

So word of mouth doesn't get around campus? Those recruits don't look at the papers and think " I am high and mighty I am a Bison football player". Lead by example. And Bohl sure the hell hasn't done that. What other excuses do you have for SMU 2.0 also known as NDSU.

So word of mouth doesn't get around campus? Those recruits don't look at the papers and think " I am high and mighty I am a Bison football player". Lead by example. And Bohl sure the hell hasn't done that. What other excuses do you have for SMU 2.0 also known as NDSU.

Yeah I'm sure Travis Beck would love to tell recruits about his experience. I'm sure they would be lining up at the door to sign the LOI after sitting down with Travis for a recruiting visit.

"Come to NDSU in Fargo, where you are castrated in the media before any of the real facts come out".

Yeah I'm sure Travis Beck would love to tell recruits about his experience. I'm sure they would be lining up at the door to sign the LOI after sitting down with Travis for a recruiting visit.

"Come to NDSU in Fargo, where you are castrated in the media before any of the real facts come out".

That's right keep it coming. But if they decide to forge a bunch of signatures or steal a bunch of stuff from a retail store they will think "hey Bohl won't punish me and the state won't do nothing but give out community service because I play football..worked in the past so I must be golden". Sound about right?

That's right keep it coming. But if they decide to forge a bunch of signatures or steal a bunch of stuff from a retail store they will think "hey Bohl won't punish me and the state won't do nothing but give out community service because I play football..worked in the past so I must be golden". Sound about right?

No actually it sounds way off. I must have missed where NDSU had players go unpunished for stealing from a retail store. Because in the real world, meaning outside of your crazy head, all the players involved in that incident were promptly dismissed from the team.

You used to be amusing darell, but recently your attempts at bringing NDSU down a peg are just coming off as pathetic, because they lack so much truth.

No actually it sounds way off. I must have missed where NDSU had players go unpunished for stealing from a retail store. Because in the real world, meaning outside of your crazy head, all the players involved in that incident were promptly dismissed from the team.

You used to be amusing darell, but recently your attempts at bringing NDSU down a peg are just coming off as pathetic, because they lack so much truth.

Your definition of promptly is what??

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=848211

Defensive end Garrett Johnson and defensive tackle Greg Reid Jr. had been suspended earlier, but athletic officials decided to permanently remove them from the program.

"We have a high bar here and those young men have been charged with some very serious crimes," Bison head coach Craig Bohl told the Forum of Fargo-Moorhead. "They'll have their day in court but playing NDSU football is a privilege and we felt it was important for us to move forward as a football team and that's what we've done."

So dismissed before their day in court for the Best Buy theft ring, but no one suspended or dismissed before their day in court for the ND voter fraud thing. I guess its 2012 team vs 2009 team. NDSU was about to compete for its second title (no suspensions except one player due to priors) and the other team was coming off a 3-8 record (suspensions then dismissals). Yep Craig it is important to move forward except when you are a favorite to win a NC.

''

You just described a percentage of collegiate athletes regardless of level. Heck, when I go back to Jamestown, Jimmie football players think they are the Cat's Pajamas because they play college football.

This just comes across as butthurt about NDSU being a very successful team.

I'm very encouraged by the way the folks at UND Tickets and Marketing are spearheading an inventive campaign to highlight what is a great schedule for UND Football. I feel that UND is in a good place with people that realize that you have to go out there and get people excited, while not being afraid to go outside the box with unique ideas. Certainly, Men's Hockey doesn't need the resources necessarily as we fans of UND Sports know...it basically sells itself. We are fortunate to have a sport like that. Most sports require a bit of push and support, however, and this promotion demonstrates that, and I believe we will continue to see that support and push for sports like Football, Basketball and Volleyball. All of which have tremendous potential.

One word of advice about the upcoming promotion next week. Don't be..."that guy". What I mean by that is, if for some reason your tickets arrive at 31 minutes and 30 seconds and are being hand delivered by Coach Mussman or a player, are you really going to be "the guy" who is going to make a fuss and demand them being free? When it's perfectly evident that they would be making their best effort. It's $75 tickets, and it's a great value, and the money supports a great team. My advice would be...don't be "that guy", as long as they are making the effort. You can be if you want to, but I hope most people aren't.

• Upvote 4

I am genuinely curious to see how this promo goes. IDK if anyone saw Tom Miller's tweet yesterday but apparently someone called him after reading his article and left a voicemail asking for tickets and even left a credit card number.

First of all this would only happen in Nodak...what a great place! Seriously though that is a good sign. My gut tells me that this will go well because people up there like these type of promotions where they can interact with the team and coached face to face. It shows a sense of community and that goes a long way up north.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they will purposely be late for some deliveries just to give new season ticket holders a great deal this fitst year. If you make the customer happy on their first visit, they will most likely come back. Giving someone free tickets for a season will most likely result in them renewing their tickets for next year and beyond. Albrecht kind of hinted at it when he said that "if we get swamped with orders it will be difficult to get tickets to everyone. We could be giving some away or a lot away depending on how many orders we get." UND would be smart to give some tickets away to some first time season ticket holders.

I wonder if they will purposely be late for some deliveries just to give new season ticket holders a great deal this fitst year. If you make the customer happy on their first visit, they will most likely come back. Giving someone free tickets for a season will most likely result in them renewing their tickets for next year and beyond. Albrecht kind of hinted at it when he said that "if we get swamped with orders it will be difficult to get tickets to everyone. We could be giving some away or a lot away depending on how many orders we get." UND would be smart to give some tickets away to some first time season ticket holders.

I'm sure with a promotion such as this, they are more than prepared to have that scenario happen. But I don't think it's a good business practice to just give something that has value, away for free...just because. In this case tickets. They should do everything in their power to try to deliver on time and collect- after all college sports is more than ever about the bottom line. I also think the promotion is far more about getting coach's and student athletes out to meet new fans who may be getting exposed to UND Football for the first time. Also, I think that if they don't deliver on time and that person wants the tickets free, they're not going to have any problem with it and it's a contingency that Athletics is prepared for and made their peace with. That's the promotion and it's a good, attention getting promotion.

I already have my tickets but if I were to take part in the promotion and a player hands me tickets at 34 minutes- I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. I'm still going to pay. I'm not "that guy". Never have been, just not in my makeup.

• Upvote 2