SiouxSports.com Forum

1st round tonight

Fetch

Marchand is a gutless puke. Maybe Neal should have layed on the ice to milk it like McQuaid did. Then Marchand would have been ejected like Cooke was. The Bruins are proving once again tonight they're the dirtiest team in the league. What's up with Rask giving Crosby a little poke of the stick after the 2nd period. What a lowlife punk!!! The Bruins are despicable beyond what I can even put into words.

I must be watching a different Bruins-Penguins game.

• Upvote 1

Marchand is a gutless puke. Maybe Neal should have layed on the ice to milk it like McQuaid did. Then Marchand would have been ejected like Cooke was. The Bruins are proving once again tonight they're the dirtiest team in the league. What's up with Rask giving Crosby a little poke of the stick after the 2nd period. What a lowlife punk!!! The Bruins are despicable beyond what I can even put into words.

Both were hits from behind but the hit by Cooke was much more viscous. It doesn't take much to realize Cooke plays with the intent to injur opposing players. Getting Cooke out of the game for good would be a much safer option for the NHL than requiring full face masks.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather go face first into the plexiglass than face first down on to the top of the dasher board. Just ask Kris Draper about that. Both hits were dangerous but Marchand's had more potential for devastating injury. Luckily nobody was hurt on either hit. I'm okay with Cooke being thrown out of the game but it's a double standard not to throw Marchand out too when he did the same thing. As for the "intent to injure" bull$hit, don't insult my intelligence. The only intent to injure that I have ever seen in hockey is when somebody makes a fist and drives it into somebody's face.

Ok Cooke must just happen to stumble into these situations more than mostly any other player. Just a coincidence and no intent.....ok! And we have all seen more dangerous plays with intent to injur than a fist to the face...slashes, elbows to the head, viscous hits from behind, etc....these are all more dangerous than a fist to the face. And if you take fighting out of the NHL these dirty plays will only get worse.

What's up with Rask giving Crosby a little poke of the stick after the 2nd period. What a lowlife punk!!! The Bruins are despicable beyond what I can even put into words.

Are you really this clueless? Crosby skate in front of Rask, that was Bushleague.

Dangerous plays yes, but intent to injure is an absurd accusation. The intent is to make a hockey play. There is potential for injury but nobody makes a move with injuring the opponent as the primary goal. Anybody who believes that lacks common sense. And if you take fighting out of the NHL these dirty plays will not get worse, case in point there are fewer dirty hits in college hockey than we see in the NHL.

How many strikes does Cooke need? Whose career will be end next?

Meanwhile out West, yet another coach opposing the Blackhawks talks about how his top line didn't play very well. He sounds a lot like Mike Yeo in round 1 and Mike Babcock in round 2.

The Kings felt they were better in the third period, but coach Darryl Sutter commented on how he didn't get nearly enough from his top players throughout the game. Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Jeff Carter, Richards and Doughty combined for four shots on goal. Sutter said they were "having trouble keeping up." "We had guys fall off," he also said. "Shifts fell off primarily from the top end of our lineup. It's tough to sustain it."

This is the effect that playing against Toews and Hossa (and Keith and Seabrook) has on people.

OMG, how many penalty minutes has he had the last two seasons? Accidents happen, get over it. Hockey is a collision sport, if you can't handle that maybe you should be watching figure skating. Get a grip!

Yes it's a collision sport and that's part of what makes the game great. But there is no room for nasty checks from behind and intentional hits to the head. The NHL is trying to put an end to those types of collisions for player safety. Currently fighting is part of the game. You see during a fight a player has the option of defending himself to avoid being hit....or just going down and the fight is over. Much less danger there. If you can't handle that maybe you should go over to figure skating.

It comes down to respect and certain players don't have the respect for their opponents. I think there's more of this attitude in the NHL and maybe this is why there are more dirty hits in the NHL? I can't say for sure. But where are you getting the NHL vs college hockey comparison stats from? There are many more nhl games in a season so of course there will be more instances of dirty hits. But I've seen plenty of dirty hits in college hockey as well. So I guess I don't see how your view proves anything.

• Upvote 1

Are you really this clueless? Crosby skate in front of Rask, that was Bushleague.

There was nothing there...Crosby was just pissed because they were losing. I don't think rask tried to do anything. Either way pens win the series.

There was nothing there...Crosby was just pissed because they were losing. I don't think rask tried to do anything. Either way pens win the series.

Crosby skated in front of Rask and he shouldn't have... This bieat writer for the Bolts said it best, there was no reason for Crosby to do what he did. What the hell is Rask supposed to do? ... You can say that the pens win the series, but we will see. Boston has the better defense and goaltending.

Erik Erlendsson@erlendssonTBO2h

Sorry but Crosby has no right to go after Rask, Crosby cut into Rask's path and gave him a bit of an elbow

Expand

Edited by Goon

BLt8UegCIAAkZ2Q.png

Some day, someone is going to catch this P.O.S. with his head down, and he will "finally" get what's coming to him. Karma is a _________... It will be interesting to see if the Pittsburgh fans stick for this P.O.S. and deem him the victim. [video bush league hit] Heck even I said that Marchand was lucky to stay in the game after he boarded Neal.

Edited by Goon

Stop crying about players running their mouths. It's part of the game, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Players on every team do it... yes, Goon, even the teams that you cheer for. It isn't exclusive to hockey either, it happens in every sport. You try to get in your opponent's head and get him off his game. Only an irrational person such as yourself would think there is anything wrong with it.

There isn't anything wrong with running your mouth if you can back it up and not go running behind the referee or your teammates like a little b**ch. I can't wait to see the day rau gets the crap beat out of him!!!!

• Upvote 1

That is a horrible attitude to have assuming that by "back it up" you mean drop the gloves. The only way I have a problem with a player running his mouth is if he follows it up by dropping the gloves. Avoiding a fight is taking the high road and showing that you are better than lowering yourself to such despicable conduct. If Rau gets the crap beat out of him I want to see somebody beat the crap out of whoever beats up Rau.

But I thought fighting was bad??? Lol

DaveK - I know you don't think it's possible for me to be objective, but here you go - Cooke deserved a 5 and a game, but I also thought Marchand was going to/should have gotten booted for his hit as well. I was very surprised when he didn't get a 5 and a game - lucky break for the Bruins there.

Earlier you said that Marchand's was dirtier or worse or more dangerous or something like that. What a crock. They were both dangerous. I guess you trying to make 1 of those sound more dangerous (not the Penguins hit, of course) shows just how objective you are!

• Upvote 1

He plays a smashmouth brand of hockey and hits people within the context of making a hockey play.

I was wondering how long it would before you said that, so driving someone head into the boards or elbowing them in the head is within the context of making a hockey play?

Then by the hockey coach that dirty play is answer with an action. So punching that worthless dirty hack in the head in the form of retribution after they injure your teams star player(s), is also within the context of making a hockey play.

Edited by Goon

Crosby is a temindous talent but is the biggest puss in the NHL. He was trying to look bad ass mouthing off to Chara knowing Chara was too classy to drop the glove on a pansy like him. I dare him to mouth off to Lucic. He will get his ass sewin to his face, which might actually be an improvement.

• Upvote 1

Crosby is a temindous talent but is the biggest puss in the NHL. He was trying to look bad ass mouthing off to Chara knowing Chara was too classy to drop the glove on a pansy like him. I dare him to mouth off to Lucic. He will get his ass sewin to his face, which might actually be an improvement.

If Crosby had done that to Lucic, we would still be looking for his jaw.

How good has Crawford been in the playoffs so far? Quick gets all the pub but Chicago wins the Cup if Crawford continues with his recent play.

He's been pretty good and I think the reason people don't talk about him more is because he will be solid for a couple games and then give up a bad or soft goal and people will be all over that. I am a Chicago fan and obviously want the Hawks to win the cup and would love to see it be against the Penguins, it would be a great series with so much speed and skill on the ice.

That is a horrible attitude to have assuming that by "back it up" you mean drop the gloves. The only way I have a problem with a player running his mouth is if he follows it up by dropping the gloves. Avoiding a fight is taking the high road and showing that you are better than lowering yourself to such despicable conduct. If Rau gets the crap beat out of him I want to see somebody beat the crap out of whoever beats up Rau.

I'm guessing you were one of those kids in school that ran their mouth and then went and hid behind the teacher. Dropping the gloves has nothing to do with being the bigger man in that situation. Perfect example, Brett Hextall, got under other players skin and WAS NOT afraid to back it up, didn't run away from them and I have no problem with that. You run your mouth and get beat up for it I don't feel sorry for you because you were asking for it

• Upvote 1