SiouxSports.com Forum

1st round tonight

Fetch

Ok so how is what Kane did to Cooke disgusting? Almost anyone would see this the opposite of you. Cooke was bullying Kane and Kane stood his ground. Kane has averaged 2 fights per year during his NHL tenure. Do you know how many current penguins players have dropped the gloves more than him?

For the most part, the "tough guy" players that have worn a Penguins uniform have been the Ulf Samuelsson/Matt Cooke type. They do the majority of their hitting within the context of making a hockey play and rarely drop the gloves.

The players that your describing are not tough guys they're gutless pukes. They're not making hockey plays... Kneeing, elbowing, targeting the head is not the context of making a hockey play, that is douchebaggery and thuggery. You're definitions of what a hockey play is out of whack, it's almost as if you smoked to much hydroponic weed during the 1980 and 90's.

Edited by Goon

Clearly you are delusional. The drivel you just posted confirms it. They are in fact making hockey players, and I don't care how many times you say they aren't. The only douchebaggery and/or thuggery is the vigilante garbage you have a fetish for.

Alright Skippy, I am going to ask you; are the plays in this video making hockey plays?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0waePHWjVGY

So then Duncan Keith's check on Matt Cooke is a hockey play as well right? Take your time. We await your response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiTS8NjNao

Edited by Goon

Great game tonight. A goaltenders duel, my favorite kind of hockey game to watch. Too bad the cheap-shot artists won, but gotta give Rask a lot of credit. He's been amazing in this series. McQuaid boarded Cooke but you won't see me whining about it. Unlike Bruins fans, I don't whine about these things. All's fair as long as the clock is running with the puck in play and everybody has their gloves on. This series is pretty much over now, so I can only wish the winner of the Kings/Blackhawks series the best of luck in delivering the karma that the Bruins have coming to them.

Actually the cheap shot artists didn't win, the Bruins won. I'm actually surprised Crosby didn't keel over and act like he got stabbed at any point of the game lol

• Upvote 3

Great game last night....I didn't see anything too dirty except Marchand attempting to injure Kunitz. Im guessing Marchand doesn't make the Canadian Olympic team this coming year (odd because he's actually a heck of a player...although Bergeron makes that line). Boston is tough and playing their best game at the right time. It reminds me a lot of LA last year. I actually say Boston is the favorite to win the cup, at this point in time.

Great game last night....I didn't see anything too dirty except Marchand attempting to injure Kunitz. Im guessing Marchand doesn't make the Canadian Olympic team this coming year (odd because he's actually a heck of a player...although Bergeron makes that line). Boston is tough and playing their best game at the right time. It reminds me a lot of LA last year. I actually say Boston is the favorite to win the cup, at this point in time.

I don't think Marchand is even in consideration for the Olympic team do you? As much as I love the guy when he's on your team, some of the !@#$ he does I don't like. I love that he gets in the other team's head, but the sticking your leg out like he did to Kunitz last night is not good. He is a very good player when he limits some of the crap he pulls, but I guess I never had him as an Olympic possibility.

The Bruins' two best periods last night were OT1 and OT2.

Oh, and how about Campbell doing all he could to contribute on the PK after taking that shot off his leg? They fed off that in a huge way.

Sounds like he's seriously hurt, according to what Claude Julien said in the post game presser. That was an awesome game. I didn't sit at all during the O.T. periods. I couldn't sleep after the game was over either.

I don't think Marchand is even in consideration for the Olympic team do you? As much as I love the guy when he's on your team, some of the !@#$ he does I don't like. I love that he gets in the other team's head, but the sticking your leg out like he did to Kunitz last night is not good. He is a very good player when he limits some of the crap he pulls, but I guess I never had him as an Olympic possibility.

I agree, but I am not going to put him in the same league as a Cooke or a Raffie Torres. I think eventually he's going to clean up his act or someone is going to catch him and blast him. Karma will catch up with him. Just like it will with Matt Cooke. Last night Milan Lucic almost got him, but he turtled. when the bill came due, again If it had not been an important playoff game, Cooke would have gotten blasted by Lucic, I am convicned of that. Contrary to public opinion, he would have been deserving of a beat down.

Edited by Goon

Sounds like he's seriously hurt, according to what Claude Julien said in the post game presser. That was an awesome game. I didn't sit at all during the O.T. periods. I couldn't sleep after the game was over either.

Saw rumblings of a broken leg on Twitter this morning.* Yikes.

I had a tough time winding down last night, too. But, when I did fall asleep I slept pretty good!

* Edit: Early this morning...looks like it's official now.

I agree, but I am not going to put him in the same league as a Cooke or a Raffie Torres. I think eventually he's going to clean up his act or someone is going to catch him and blast him. Karma will catch up with him. Just like it will with Matt Cooke. Last night Milan Lucic almost got him, but he turtled. when the bill came due, again If it had not been an important playoff game, Cooke would have gotten blasted by Lucic, I am convicned of that. Contrary to public opinion, he would have been deserving of a beat down.

I hope you didn't think I was putting him in the Matt Cooke/Raffi Torres category. No way. But I agree with what you say here.