SiouxSports.com Forum

1st round tonight

Fetch

Ottawa and Pittsburgh is boring too? Sheesh, Goon, maybe you need to start watching soccer!

I was off by a night, "tonight" we get to watch paint dry after the Bruins and Rags game. :)

7:42 am in Minneapolis/St Paul...and no video up yet from Goon showing Justin Abdelkader's embellishment of Jonathan Toews' penalty? Abdelkader's own stick hits him in the face...with a little help from #19 lifting it up for him.

towes_medium.gif

7:42 am in Minneapolis/St Paul...and no video up yet from Goon showing Justin Abdelkader's embellishment of Jonathan Toews' penalty? Abdelkader's own stick hits him in the face...with a little help from #19 lifting it up for him.

Oh good, now I got it, I will have to put that one up. :) Dive in my opinion... :)

I understand you want to draw a penalty but how do these players feel good about themselves for basically lying, dumb question I spose, I even get frustrated if Sioux players do it

Embellishment is killing hockey... I know the head coach of the UND Hockey team hates it and is on record as not being a fan of it. That's why I can't stand the Canucks or the Habs they're the kings of this.

The Chciago Blackhawks have a chance to save us from having to watch paint dry for yet another round, during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. i am sure I will be getting another text message from my buddy in about 3, 2, 1... :whistling::hypocrite::devil::bigsmile:

The Chciago Blackhawks have a chance to save us from having to watch paint dry for yet another round, during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. i am sure I will be getting another text message from my buddy in about 3, 2, 1... :whistling::hypocrite::devil::bigsmile:

That buzzing sound in your ear Goon is your iPhone text message alert. Let's Go Red Wings!

• Upvote 1

Go Hawks!!!!

It's fun listening to Dead Things fans complain about the Michael Frolik penalty shot this morning. Being a neutral observer, I thought the ref made a correct call on the play. Funny, I didn't get a text message last night after the game between the Red Wings and the Hawks. :)

Edited by Goon

Thought Toews has really stepped up the last 2 games. I look for another big game from him tomorrow.

Johnny has three points in two games (1g-2a-3pts)... Tha's even with Zetterberg trying to carve a piece of his leg off.

That buzzing sound in your ear Goon is your iPhone text message alert. Let's Go Red Wings!

Funny, I am missing that text message today, and then I find out that your cell phone number has been changed. :crazy::bigsmile::D

The song missing you is playing in the background is also playing. :whistling:

Embellishment is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. The only thing killing hockey is the goon tactics that continue to detract from an otherwise excellent product. I suggest you read Adam Proteau's book, Fighting the Good Fight: Why On-Ice Violence Is Killing Hockey. As this book clearly illustrates, there are very serious issues in (North American) hockey much more worthy of railing against than embellishment.

fighting-the-good-fight.jpg

You can keep your book, I won't be adding it to my library, unless I need something to start a fire up at the hunting shack. Embellishment is a very serious issue in all level of hockey.

• Upvote 1

Embellishment is killing hockey... I know the head coach of the UND Hockey team hates it and is on record as not being a fan of it. That's why I can't stand the Canucks or the Habs they're the kings of this.

Agree. There's no punishment for the divers - either professional or lower levels.

In the NHL, Brendan Shanahan can and should start reviewing and handing out punishments, starting with fines and leading to suspensions. Its worked remarkably well in cutting down on head shots, or at least getting the riff-Raffi off the ice. Diving should have the same structure, with commensurately lower penalties. This isn't about those questionable things, but the despicable phantom acting.

The same concept could be applied in the NCHC ... and if they modernize their discipline for head shots, dangerous plays, and fighting, then I hope they add embellishment to the list of punishable incidents.

Its taken years to get fighting out of the game, and its nearly gone, but a determined effort has paid dividends. A determined effort is getting head shots out of the NHL. And a determined effort could get rid of embellishment.