SiouxSports.com Forum

1st round tonight

Fetch

I have never watched a game from these other two teams - I may give it a try tonight

I am spending most of my time at the lake & want to get tv there which is really better Dish or Direct ? Dish used to have a debit card machine that u only pay if u use it anyone ever try that ?

I have used both over the past 5 years at my cabin. No pay as you go offer was given me to either.

Both work well. Good install service to both.

Both have good promo deals, but horrendous follow-up or upgrade costs.

I wanted HD--had to change companies (Dish to Direct) to make it worthwhile for cost involved. (In NoDak)

A buddy at work had to do the exact opposite switch for the same reason. (In Minn)

So order one (takes 24 month commit) and when you are sick of the upgrade costs, just swap to the other.

Last I got was Direct at Costco- that was the best deal of all that I've seen.

This is smash mouth hockey to some I guess, I call it thuggery.

I suppose there are many examples of smash mouth hockey as well. There's like hundreds of these examples.

Edited by Goon

This is karma when it catches up with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiTS8NjNao

And of course Evander Kane Pounds Cooke. This was my favorite one. I was standing in my living room cheering this one. I would buy this guy a beer and shake his hand if I met him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA

That was an amazing knock out punch by Kane!

That was an amazing knock out punch by Kane!

Evander Kane became an instant star in Boston with one punch. Kane is a tough S.O.B. and he made a name for himself.

Edited by Goon

I have no respect for the ncaa & would love to kick their ass

So I would challenge them to a fight

I bet I could get Virgil Hill to fight for us against anyone they can get the same size & age

If we win we get the name back - if they win they can name us anything they want

Kane is a lowlife POS, a "gutless puke" to borrow one of your favorite terms. I like the Jets, but detest Kane. He showed a blatant lack of respect for the game with that brutal assault.

Did you see the video Dave? Cooke went after Kane. Kane stood up for himself and put Cooke down. This was not a cheep shot. If there is a gutless puke, from seeing that video it's Cooke and he goes down like the little b#%?! that he is.

• Upvote 1

Kane is a lowlife POS, a "gutless puke" to borrow one of your favorite terms. I like the Jets, but detest Kane. He showed a blatant lack of respect for the game with that brutal assault.

The knockout was even better in HD :whistling:

• Upvote 2

Kane is a decent young player....I would like him on my line.

As for the Eastern Conference Finals, I was not worried after Game 1. The Penguins looked like the better team, at least for the 1st period and portions of the 2nd, but just didn't get the lucky bounces. Game 2 was a different story altogether. The Bruins completely outplayed them from start to finish, very much not a blueprint of Game 1. Now is the time to push the panic button. They must come up with a different gameplan and quick or this thing could be over in 4 games. So far in this series crime pays. I can only hope that either Chicago or LA hands those thugs the beating they deserve in the finals barring a major turnaround by my Pens.

I have to hand it to Boston....they had a game plan and are executing it perfectly. Their physical play is definitely getting to Pittsburgh. One thing I have noticed about Pittsburgh in the playoffs over the last two years is that when they get rattled they are rattled. They cannot overcome the tiniest of adversity, which is shocking because their skill is double that of Boston's. Boston is extremely hard to play against right now. As for Pittsburgh, I have never seen a team give up after the first period of game 2. 6 goals on 23 shots....are you kidding me!?! All Boston was doing was working their transition game....waiting for Pitt to make their mistake and take off the other way. However, usually this doesn't result in scoring on a 23% clip. Also, Letang is playing terrible. The guy takes way too many chances, he has to learn how to adjust to different types of teams...this isn't men's league. He is awesome when Pitt is overwhelming team's with their offense but he's so below average when they are playing a defensive minded squad. I'm guessing Pitt will make some sort of comeback but I now believe Boston probably takes the series in 6 or 7 games. Props to Bean Town, they look good.

As for the Eastern Conference Finals, I was not worried after Game 1. The Penguins looked like the better team, at least for the 1st period and portions of the 2nd, but just didn't get the lucky bounces. Game 2 was a different story altogether. The Bruins completely outplayed them from start to finish, very much not a blueprint of Game 1. Now is the time to push the panic button. They must come up with a different gameplan and quick or this thing could be over in 4 games. So far in this series crime pays. I can only hope that either Chicago or LA hands those thugs the beating they deserve in the finals barring a major turnaround by my Pens.

HAHAHA...Dave, you are such a dumba$s. How about just giving the Bruins their due? And in no way do I think this series is over - Pittsburgh can certainly come back. But what the hell are you talking about - crime pays? Have you even watched the series?

• Upvote 1

HAHAHA...Dave, you are such a dumba$s. How about just giving the Bruins their due? And in no way do I think this series is over - Pittsburgh can certainly come back. But what the hell are you talking about - crime pays? Have you even watched the series?

He must have watched the series in an altered state. :)

Seems like DaveK posts these comments just to get rise out of people from what I see which is pretty immature considering his age. Kane is a guttless puke for knocking THE SH*T out of Cook? But its ok for Cook to do all these checks from

behind. Seems like when Daves player or team gets the crap kicked out of them its because the other team or player is playing dirty but if that's the case its damn fun to watch!!!!

• Upvote 2

I'd love to play with a kid like Evander Kane. You have to give him credit for sticking up for himself- a very young first round pick at the time. Expected to score some goals and grow into an elite level power forward- no fear, no hesitation- straight up honest fight.

You have to believe he scored mega bonus points in his own locker room and around the league (regardless of how you feel about Cooke) for standing up for himself and showing that he can throw the mittens.

Fully within the code, he just rocked him.

Dave maybe you should check out hockeyfights.com and search penguins. There's been plenty of fights involving penguins players since they've been a hockey team in the NHL. What is it that makes Kane/Cooke fight so bad to you? Cooke is the one who initiated the fight at the time Kane was a rookie (18 years old??), barely an adult, and basically had one of Nhls thugs make an attempt to mug him. Congrats to Kane for standing up for himself!

I hope you have these views just to get a rise out of people on here because if you really see the wold so twisted I really do worry about you!

• Upvote 1