SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

So then Hakstol's line would read like this:

By contrast, UND head coach Dave Hakstol, now in his eighth season coaching on his own (after being in a two year shadow of former coach Dean Blais' players and recruits), already has 185 wins to his credit (185-94-28, .648). In each of his previous seven "solo" campaigns, Hakstol has won at least 20 games and brought UND to the NCAA tournament. He boasts two MacNaughton Cups (WCHA regular season title), two Broadmoor trophies (WCHA playoff title), and three Frozen Four appearances.

Dave

Thank you.

I'd be happy to do it, but what do you mean exactly? Does Hakstol get no credit/blame for his first three seasons (2004-07) since some of those players were Blais recuits/players? As soon as you tell me where the line is, I'll get the stats for you.

Dave

Hakstol was an associate head coach in 2000 under Blais, so the realistically you can say that Hakstol had a hand in recruiting the players he inherited when he was named the head coach.

So mm....when would fire hak?

How low would u let our hockey program get

As low as the football team has gotten?

I would like to do preventive maintence and not let it get out of hand.

how low? und was in a regional final last year and it is only november. good lord. if this program bothers you that much, quite paying attention to it. all programs and seasons have their ups and downs. this may be a down year but again it is november.

So mm....when would fire hak?

How low would u let our hockey program get

As low as the football team has gotten?

I would like to do preventive maintence and not let it get out of hand.

I'll be happy to answer your questions as soon as smokey posts my comments where I implied that I am a bigger fan and my opinion counts more than someone else's. He called me out...now he can answer the bell.

EDITED after I realized gfhockey (and not smokey) posted the original comment I was replying to.

Hakstol was an associate head coach in 2000 under Blais, so the realistically you can say that Hakstol had a hand in recruiting the players he inherited when he was named the head coach.

good point- it reinforces that none of this happens in a vacuum. Do Toews and Oshie come here if Parise doesn't come here? Do Kristo and Rocco come here if Toews and Oshie don't come here? We'll never know.

The bigger thing that I am commenting on is not that we are losing this year or that we haven't won a title, it is how AWFUL we look this year, and how often we look awful in the NCAAs. I'm sorry, scoring 1 or 2 goals per game is ridiculous, and it isn't all due to hot goalies or a left wing lock.

when

I told you when...now roll the hose, worm!

Smokey must still be digging thru my posts trying to find some evidence...

FYI: My original post earlier has been edited after I confused gfhockey with smokey and his comments about my 'implied' comments.

good point- it reinforces that none of this happens in a vacuum. Do Toews and Oshie come here if Parise doesn't come here? Do Kristo and Rocco come here if Toews and Oshie don't come here? We'll never know.

The bigger thing that I am commenting on is not that we are losing this year or that we haven't won a title, it is how AWFUL we look this year, and how often we look awful in the NCAAs. I'm sorry, scoring 1 or 2 goals per game is ridiculous, and it isn't all due to hot goalies or a left wing lock.

This isn't the season where the team can keep taking a night off. If they want to make the NCAA's better start this second half surge in November.

I have tried in vain to make these points on this forum over and over again and keep getting told that I don't know what I am talking about or that I don't make any sense or that I am "spoiled" or that I am not a "real fan" (this last one I will simply not stand for). But if people are satisfied with what we have now, to each their own. I will continue calling out bad playing and coaching whenever it needs to be called out. Period. End of story. Now, back to eating our own. ???

I'm with you on this point.

someone made the comment about toews winning cups with kane

well toews did have oshie on his line along with Duncan who buried every shot he got....

but as usual we run in to a hot goalie

Point A) THAT'S your evidence of me questioning the dedication of other fans on the board?

Point B) Toews wasn't playing goalie for UND in the bloodbath against BC in the Frozen Four that year, was he?

Point C) I don't recall a post of mine anywhere where I shrug my shoulders and blame the hot goalie.

Is that all you've got?

Point A) THAT'S your evidence of me questioning the dedication of other fans on the board?

Point B) Toews wasn't playing goalie for UND in the bloodbath against BC in the Frozen Four that year, was he?

Point C) I don't recall a post of mine anywhere where I shrug my shoulders and blame the hot goalie.

Is that all you've got?

I think he is talking in general about the "hot goalie" excuse being used to explain away losses. I don't think you have said it, but a lot of people on here have.

get a hold of ur self son....

so who u asking the ? to mafiawoman/

Oh, that's witty. First gay jokes about the Gophers for humor and now a snide comment about my moniker. I'll see your zit-faced high school freshman humor and raise you some roughneck humor...you and your oil field carpet-bagger buddies just keep your p*ss bombs off of my parents' ranch out there in oil country and there won't be any trouble, ok?

The eleven year record of Coach A in order of first year to eleventh year...

13-26-1

12-26-0

14-25-1

22-19-0

22-15-4

24-12-6

34-10-3

32-9-3

30-7-3

33-7-1

30-8-1

0 NCAA titles, 0 title game appearances, 3 Frozen Fours.

Question: Would you fire Coach A?

A sixteen year coaching record of Coach B, again, in order of first to last...

21-7-2

11-17

14-15

14-11-3

18-11-1

28-11-1

24-14-4

25-14-4

19-15-3

14-17-3

14-21-1

25-17-2

28-11-2

23-8-4

29-9-2

34-7-0

0 NCAA titles, 2 title game appearances, 4 Frozen Fours.

When would you have fired coach B?