SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

From this week's UND game notes: UND head coach Dave Hakstol, now in his 10th season behind the bench of his alma mater, is the only active head coach in Division I men’s hockey who has recorded a winning record in every season as a head coach.That means that even Jerry York has had a losing season.

keep on dumping it in... chasing it in...allow there FWDS to get back in the play bam clogged up offensive zone!

all hail hakstol!

in hak we trust

even if hak never wins a title he will be the HC of the once proud national title winning University of North Dakota hockey program!

Coach D is none other than Scott Sandelin and his losing record in 7 of his 13 years at UMD. Two years removed from winning a national title, UMD drops back down below .500 with that 14-19-5 mark. Are you still telling me that this 13 year tenure including these 7 seasons would be acceptable in Grand Forks as long as there was a national title thrown in there? A 14 win season? 11? 7? Yikes. While I think that you would indeed trade the past 13 years for that one national title, I do believe the only difference today on SiouxSports.com would be that this thread would be called "Time to Fire Scott Sandelin" due to his inability to keep UND near the top of the food chain year in and year out.

Can you imagine if Sandy had been the coach here? The fans would have run him out of town already with that record. Don't count on him coming back.

Q) What are 11-22-2, 18-19-2, 12-17-9, 13-26-1, 11-23-4, 7-28-4, and 24-15-4?

A) 11-22-2 - the worst record in the BC years of Jerry York

18-19-2 - Don Lucia's worst season at Minnesota

12-17-9 Jack Parker's worst season at BU

13-26-1 Red Berenson's worst season at Michigan

11-23-4 Gino Gasparini's last season at North Dakota

7-28-4 Scott Sandelin's worst record at Minnesota-Duluth (first season there)

24-15-4 Dave Hakstol's WORST season at North Dakota

how come you neglected national titles in the final choices?

How come you neglect losing records in 7 out of 13 years in YOUR choices?

You would have run Sandelin and his W/L record out of Grand Forks long before that NCAA title season ever happened.

Does anyone think it matter that Hak didn't play on a winning team at UND? Did he win a championship at any level as a player? Does it matter to have a winner like Eades or not?

Nope. and I've found that what happens in high school, college and the first four years after college defines you for the rest of your life. There's no way Hakstol can get over the lack of championships and neither can any of his staff nor the players on the ice every year.

It's really those mite years that define a player/coach for the rest of their life. Although there is some debate that termites is really where the winners and losers are determined.

Were things this bad when UND was 4-7-1 two years ago with a bunch of injuries and inconsistent goaltending?

Lit up at home by BC after barely getting by Air Force

Swept at Bucky.....

Shutout at home by SCSU

Swept at Goldy.....only scored two goals that weekend

Shutout by Bemidji State......

That team had some early trouble scoring goals too. Not suggesting that this years team will turn it around, but Yale taught me last year that its not how you start. If Hak has done it before then I'm confident he can do it again.

Nope. and I've found that what happens in high school, college and the first four years after college defines you for the rest of your life. There's no way Hakstol can get over the lack of championships and neither can any of his staff nor the players on the ice every year.

It was Hakstol's fault that Russ Romaniuk and Jason Herter left school and went pro the day after the pre-season poll came out...and had UND ranked #1 by a bullet. Had Hakstol kept those two in school, REA would have 8 banners and not 7.

those are uber jorkmanb type numbers, right Mr. Wilbur's Dad? Didn't miss any of the home games during that loser season.

SHHHHHHH!!! He'll hear you..... :lol:

We need to talk about 1987 right now....real quick.....EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE!!!! HRKAC CIRCUS!!!!!! GINO!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Were things this bad when UND was 4-7-1 two years ago with a bunch of injuries and inconsistent goaltending?

Lit up at home by BC after barely getting by Air Force

Swept at Bucky.....

Shutout at home by SCSU

Swept at Goldy.....only scored two goals that weekend

Shutout by Bemidji State......

That team had some early trouble scoring goals too. Not suggesting that this years team will turn it around, but Yale taught me last year that its not how you start. If Hak has done it before then I'm confident he can do it again.

not to be devils advocate but yale was 5-2-1 last year at this point and 8-3-2 at the x-mas break. their troubles came in february when they lost 5 straight. but point well taken on the others and we will just have to see if history can repeat itself.

not to be devils advocate but yale was 5-2-1 last year at this point and 8-3-2 at the x-mas break. their troubles came in february when they lost 5 straight. but point well taken on the others and we will just have to see if history can repeat itself.

Yale was also dismantled by Quinnipiac four times last season - NO WAY they win the title game, right?

It was Hakstol's fault that Russ Romaniuk and Jason Herter left school and went pro the day after the pre-season poll came out

selfish pricks, yeah that is really lovin the program. didn't know that. hope those two never find way to be an employee of und, same goes for bochenski.