SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs YALE - Sat GAMEDAY 3pm

AZSIOUX

I know, but those guys were Blais guys too. Guys commit at least two or three years before they ever set foot on campus.

Toews and Osh were Blais recruits

True...so we need to bring in someone who can help recruit and help Hak coach....or better yet...why don't' we just bring back Blais?

During Hakstol's tenure, the Fighting Sioux have been carried by inertia built by coaches and teams of the past. And we are finally running out of inertia. Next year the team looks like it will be even more of a challenge than this year. Hak moved into a new building, but he can't close a deal. It's not that his team lost as much as they way they lost....the looked unprepared and unmotivated. When a team performs like North Dakota did today, the head coach, who has the ulitimate accountablity has to be scrutinized. His team was totally lethargic and lackluster in a situation where they should have been totally amped up. They were outplayed nearly the entire game by a team that isn't any better than the Sioux are. If North Dakota keeps Hak around for 10 more years, he still won't bring home the hardware. We should have taken Eades instead of Hak. Eades personifies the Fighting Sioux Spirit. Hak is just a guy always trying to say the politically correct thing. He isn't and isn't going to ever cut it. North Dakota hockey has been in decline and it is only going to get worse unless some changes are made. You people that love him haven't noticed that the skill and depth of our teams has been eroding over the last several years. Sure we have made it to the NCAA's, but the quality and skill of our teams is not near the level of the teams that were able to finish. Hak should be hacked.

• Upvote 1

I think most of us could be o.k. with losing in the regional final last year because of the work ethic exhibited to get us there and the amount of energy expended with a short lineup. I posed the question after that loss, would this year's team sit back and think that with a full lineup they wouldn't need to work as hard. I know that wasn't the case all the time, but it seems there were times when the "let the other guy do it" philosophy appeared. Someone pointed out the lack of production from Rowney, Parks, MacMillan, down the stretch which was completely opposite of last year. The sad part is, who knows if we stay injury free in the future like we did this year. I would love to be on the bench and know exactly what the coaches are telling the players, because I hope on each and every powerplay in the NCAA tournament they tell the players to bear down because it could be the only one in the game and it could be the difference in the game. Would also like to know what was said after the bad penalties, because it should also be pointed out constantly that could be the difference as well.

I think he is talking about the classes we had in the mid to late 2000's with all those future NHL regulars. This year's team has one or two at most.

I knew what he was saying...but even excluding the NHL greats he still has recruited top end college recruits year in and year out. But he has nothing to show for it. I'm starting to wonder if another coach got an unlimited budget what they would do with the program.

Hak played from 89-92. No Rings!

Hak was an assistant coach from 01-04. No Rings!

Hak has now been the head coach since then. No Rings!

That is 16 painful season with him in the program and ...................No Rings!

He is either a bad coach or has bad luck. I don't want the hockey team to be associated with either of those two.

During Hakstol's tenure, the Fighting Sioux have been carried by inertia built by coaches and teams of the past. And we are finally running out of inertia. Next year the team looks like it will be even more of a challenge than this year. Hak moved into a new building, but he can't close a deal. It's not that his team lost as much as they way they lost....the looked unprepared and unmotivated. When a team performs like North Dakota did today, the head coach, who has the ulitimate accountablity has to be scrutinized. His team was totally lethargic and lackluster in a situation where they should have been totally amped up. They were outplayed nearly the entire game by a team that isn't any better than the Sioux are. If North Dakota keeps Hak around for 10 more years, he still won't bring home the hardware. We should have taken Eades instead of Hak. Eades personifies the Fighting Sioux Spirit. Hak is just a guy always trying to say the politically correct thing. He isn't and isn't going to ever cut it. North Dakota hockey has been in decline and it is only going to get worse unless some changes are made. You people that love him haven't noticed that the skill and depth of our teams has been eroding over the last several years. Sure we have made it to the NCAA's, but the quality and skill of our teams is not near the level of the teams that were able to finish. Hak should be hacked.

That is what I am thinking as well. This program is slowly, but surely, atrophying. Gino was sacked after three losing seasons, but the process began several years before that. The NCHC will have depth and talent throughout and will be, I think, much harder than the WCHA was this year. Hak and company are facing a crucial year in 2013-14.

Hak played from 89-92. No Rings!

Hak was an assistant coach from 01-04. No Rings!

Hak has now been the head coach since then. No Rings!

That is 16 painful season with him in the program and ...................No Rings!

He is either a bad coach or has bad luck. I don't want the hockey team to be associated with either of those two.

He took a USHL team to the playoffs 3 years as a head coach and lost in the first round there too

I liked everything u said until the end....they had 15 draft picks this year! Second in the nations; you think their talent is eroding? Get real. Someone needs to mentor these guys and coach them how to win...and play hard.

I liked everything u said until the end....they had 15 draft picks this year! Second in the nations; you think their talent is eroding? Get real. Someone needs to mentor these guys and coach them how to win...and play hard.

You have a point there....that may be exactly the root of the problem.

Isn't that the coaches' job?

Haks' teams may have NHL-caliber talent, but they seem to be undercut by chronic UNDerachivement when it really counts.

Faisons hires have looked pretty good so far. Some are still too new to judge but Hardee was an unbelievable hire.

You have 3 D1 supposed big teams at UND...hockey MMB and FB. Would not say all those hires are looking good so far.