SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. COLORADO COLLEGE - Thursday Final 5 7pm

AZSIOUX

Only other time I've been so disgusted in a tourney loss I've witnessed live was Frozen 4 a** kicking in Denver by BC.

We at least played well vs. Michigan at F4 at the X. That was disappointing and losing to Gophs at X during NCAA regional was not a huge surprise last year

Me too.

I might be completely wrong and we could see next week what we've seen a lot of the past pew weeks. but I have just had this feeling that next week is what this team has been waiting for. kristo and knight and the others didn't come back to win a macnaughton or a broadmoor(not saying they didn'y want to) but danny specifically said he came back to win a nat title and gleason made mention with tim last night that next week they play for the banner they really want. maybe next week we'll see the team that showed up against tech on sunday for 4 games. we've seen it when they play with desperation they are dificult to beat and one and done speaks volumes of having to play with desperation.

I might be completely wrong and we could see next week what we've seen a lot of the past pew weeks. but I have just had this feeling that next week is what this team has been waiting for. kristo and knight and the others didn't come back to win a macnaughton or a broadmoor(not saying they didn'y want to) but danny specifically said he came back to win a nat title and gleason made mention with tim last night that next week they play for the banner they really want. maybe next week we'll see the team that showed up against tech on sunday for 4 games. we've seen it when they play with desperation they are dificult to beat and one and done speaks volumes of having to play with desperation.

Gleason must have been looking ahead, his head was AWOL last night.

Possibly but this has been the most inconsistent UND team I've seen in years...with their play and effort. Way too many passengers game in and game out.

Gleason must have been looking ahead, his head was AWOL last night.

Single handily cost UND last night. Couldn't believe the 3 passes on PP's messed up going out of the zone them add the goal from his big mistake. Everything stalled on 20's stick over and over. He's good at what he is and that's a 6th d man with really nobody pushing for that spot. How he's on the pp is beyond me. I notice this year we use 2 d men always on the pp. that's different from usually with 1 most times if you don't have the guns to have 2 full units. Oh well in Hak we trust to get to the Burgh:)

It's all about that natty from here out for UND. Look forward to the selection show 8pm Sunday on espnu

• Upvote 2

Single handily cost UND last night. Couldn't believe the 3 passes on PP's messed up going out of the zone them add the goal from his big mistake. Everything stalled on 20's stick over and over. He's good at what he is and that's a 6th d man with really nobody pushing for that spot. How he's on the pp is beyond me. I notice this year we use 2 d men always on the pp. that's different from usually with 1 most times if you don't have the guns to have 2 full units. Oh well in Hak we trust to get to the Burgh:)

All of this about Gleason. Unreal.

All of this about Gleason. Unreal.

Hope he rebounds and tears it up in the regional. Just disappointing watching that last night. Like Kristo and he said, they want that natty! Can't wait to watch go sioux

Oh the drama. I wasn't disgusted at all. The team showed up and played well, but below average goaltending isn't going to cut it.

As for the defense, their job is to limit quality scoring chances. Mistakes will be made and the other teams actually take actions on the ice as well, so stuff is going to happen. But did they limit chances? Yes. CC scored their third goal on their 12th shot, and I think they probably had about two good scoring chances at that point in the game. Overall, the defense was fine, and the effort, possession and chances were tilted to the Sioux, and that will win most games. Provided the goaltending is roughly on par with the other guy.

I'll take the days off and take my chances next weekend, whatever the draw is.

Oh the drama. I wasn't disgusted at all. The team showed up and played well, but below average goaltending isn't going to cut it.

As for the defense, their job is to limit quality scoring chances. Mistakes will be made and the other teams actually take actions on the ice as well, so stuff is going to happen. But did they limit chances? Yes. CC scored their third goal on their 12th shot, and I think they probably had about two good scoring chances at that point in the game. Overall, the defense was fine, and the effort, possession and chances were tilted to the Sioux, and that will win most games. Provided the goaltending is roughly on par with the other guy.

I'll take the days off and take my chances next weekend, whatever the draw is.

Sleep walking thru most of the 2nd and early part of 3rd periods doesn't fit the definition of "showed up" and "played well" IMO.

I it just me or did I hear a "We want Gothberg" chant during the overtime? If so I sure hope the coaching staff heard it and takes notice of it for next weekend. Don't want to throw Saunders under the bus but I believe Gothberg gives UND a better chance of winning.

... On cc third goal why does Mattson keep backing in on a one on one separate the player from the puck then you neutralize the threat no shot.

have noticed this a lot this year...once you get backed down to the dots you've allowed your opponent to get in position for a pretty good shot...I've never seen a UND team give so much ground in their own zone, what do the experts have to say about that?

All I know is MacGoverns was hopping yesterday and today the tent is empty!! We lose one game and everybody goes home? Come on, lets see where this route brings us in the regionals and the FF!! Get out and wear your colors dammit!!

GO SIOUX!!

Hey now I just left mcgoverns. There were plenty sporting our colors.

Go FIGHTING SIOUX! go cc