SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. COLORADO COLLEGE - Thursday Final 5 7pm

AZSIOUX

So what trophy will webe playing for next year?

Also, one of the teams tomorrow night will win and take the Broadmoor with them. Will that effectively retire the trophy (like it did when Mich Tech won and then left the WCHA)?

So what trophy will webe playing for next year?

Also, one of the teams tomorrow night will win and take the Broadmoor with them. Will that effectively retire the trophy (like it did when Mich Tech won and then left the WCHA)?

Colorado College is leaving the Broadmoor with the WCHA. The MacNaughton Cup belongs to Michigan Tech and also obviously stays with the WCHA as well.

Crazy if St Cloud doesnt make it. Tied for 1st in wcha but terrible non conference record is the dagger.

Yea, regular season conference championship should carry some weight...wasn't it 1994 or 1995 when a 30-win CC team was left at home thanks to a first-round loss to #10 Michigan Tech?

Yea, regular season conference championship should carry some weight...wasn't it 1994 or 1995 when a 30-win CC team was left at home thanks to a first-round loss to #10 Michigan Tech?

Yes, and I was there. A guy named Jamie Ram stood on his head for Tech as CC out-played Tech badly. That was a tough loss.

Yes, and I was there. A guy named Jamie Ram stood on his head for Tech as CC out-played Tech badly. That was a tough loss.

Was that 1994? I remember Tech winning two more games to go to the Final Five title game...only to get absolutely dismantled by Minnesota...

For the record, I think we all feel better about a gopher loss. What I'm asking is do you feel better about the Sioux performance against cc, seeing how futile the gophers looked. 3 goals, OT, cc was rested and so on. If the gophers went out there tonight and waxed them 6-2, I'd feel a lot worse about our game.

I agree it was nice seeing the gophers lose, however we were the better team on Friday and the boys need to forget about all the close losses recently and focus on crushing whoever they get next week. They have been frustrating to watching but we have to roll off four wins in a row now. #streakstartsnow

Does this minny shutout loss make anyone feel better about our game?

The dead silence in the St. Paul streets going back to the car last night was pleasant compared to the loud "Sioux Suck" that was going on Thursday night.

Will also be odd to have both fan bases cheering for the same team on Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

The dead silence in the St. Paul streets going back to the car last night was pleasant compared to the loud "Sioux Suck" that was going on Thursday night.

Will also be odd to have both fan bases cheering for the same team on Saturday night.

Agree- satisfying.

CC is on the top of their game right now and we should've beaten them. I think we can play with anybody. There is incredible parity this year.

Yes it was. Lucia's first year as CC coach. From worst to first that year. Lucia basically saved the hockey program after Brad Buetow darn near destroyed it.

Actually, I believe it was the 1994-1995 season, Lucia's second year at CC...still can't believe that travesty. If memory serves me right, CC had 30+ wins and 10 losses in the regular season before losing to Tech twice in the WCHA playoffs. To NOT be selected for the NCAA tournament was an absolute joke.

CC might have played a perfect game against Minnesota for their personnel. When things got testy they packed it in and gave Minnesota the points and blocked shots like warriors. They let their hot goaltender see everything, and more than anything got pucks deep. They normally don't dump it on teams, but they did against Minnesota and did a nice job not letting Minnesota go d to d in their own end while keeping a third guy high when they lost possession. Their penalty killing was sensational. Not allowing those cross ice passes that just murder teams.

Weird days ahead in college hockey......SCSU could be done....Western....done......guess its nice knowing that no matter what happens tonight we will see the Sioux next weekend.

Personally I'd like to see Michigan lose to stop their 23rd straight NCAA appearance, giving the Sioux the current longest streak.

I'd like to see them get in so Minnesota has to play them in Michigan (athough not Yost, unfortunately)...in more than one scenario that would be the case...

CC might have played a perfect game against Minnesota for their personnel. When things got testy they packed it in and gave Minnesota the points and blocked shots like warriors. They let their hot goaltender see everything, and more than anything got pucks deep. They normally don't dump it on teams, but they did against Minnesota and did a nice job not letting Minnesota go d to d in their own end while keeping a third guy high when they lost possession. Their penalty killing was sensational. Not allowing those cross ice passes that just murder teams.

Weird days ahead in college hockey......SCSU could be done....Western....done......guess its nice knowing that no matter what happens tonight we will see the Sioux next weekend.

They've played awesome this tournament...Howe is certainly the MVP. His stops on Kristo, Knight and Gleason were game changers. His breakaway stop on Bjugstad was a game changer.

I blew a gasket on that 5 minute call on CC- that was a 2 for boarding, max- kid went into the boards wrong- his fault, and he's lucky he didn't break his neck. It was from the side, not from behind. Home cooking I guess. CC responded perfectly with a great kill.

I am glad I scalped my tickets before the afternoon game. I bet you can't sell them today...

CC played exceptional. Much better than Thursday. Thought "here we go again" with the trumped up 5 minute major cross checking call on CC mid 3rd. It is Howe's F5 right now. Minnesota just couldn't cash in. UND IMO gave the game to CC. CC won it last night.

• Upvote 1

They've played awesome this tournament...Howe is certainly the MVP. His stops on Kristo, Knight and Gleason were game changers. His breakaway stop on Bjugstad was a game changer.

I blew a gasket on that 5 minute call on CC- that was a 2 for boarding, max- kid went into the boards wrong- his fault, and he's lucky he didn't break his neck. It was from the side, not from behind. Home cooking I guess. CC responded perfectly with a great kill.

I am glad I scalped my tickets before the afternoon game. I bet you can't sell them today...

What do you mean it wasn't a five? The gopher fans behind me who couldn't see the play because it was in a blind spot on the ice for us were all sure it was a five?

Haven't seen a replay so I can't comment. CC was amazing on that kill. Like I said, when you take away Minnesota's cross ice backdoor pass to Bjugstad and they have to get gritty in front and throw stuff on net from outside spots you've got a chance.

SCSU is on the bubble-

They need to be Miami, Union, Lowell, Wisconsin, and Yale fans...

they definitely need to be rooting against CC, Notre Dame, Michigan, BU, and Mercyherst

I blown away that scsu may not make the big dance....when was the last the wcha champ didn't make the NCAAs

CC played exceptional. Much better than Thursday. Thought "here we go again" with the trumped up 5 minute major cross checking call on CC mid 3rd. It is Howe's F5 right now. Minnesota just couldn't cash in. UND IMO gave the game to CC. CC won it last night.

Agreed.

Agreed.

UM played well. Just could not pop one in. Wilcox probably wants the second goal back. Bjugstad does seem to play when he feels like it. Thought the Schwartz line was really good.