SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. COLORADO COLLEGE - Thursday Final 5 7pm

AZSIOUX

Talk about disappointing. Well, lets hope the team will be ready for the tournament instead of limping into it. Honestly, this team needs to find some consistency... otherwise they will have an early exit from the NCAA tournament as well.

With that said, I hope CC beats Minnesota and goes on to win the Broadmoor. Be quite fitting considering the origin of the trophy.

Regroup, rest, improve. Team looked a little sloppy out there.

Gothberg in goal for next game no matter what.

Keep the 4th line. I liked St. Clair Pattyn Cauggs.

Take one game at a time mentality. Seniors and sophomore class really needs to step it up in the NCAAs. Need prouduction from Rowney, Mark Mac, Parks and Rocco.

Lastly, take advantage of the NCAA tournament bid. With next years NCHC conference who knows if UND makes the tourney next year.

I thought we created a lot of chances tonight and Howe made some nice saves but we have to find a way to cash in on more of them. The goaltending and powerplay are really the 2 things that let us down tonight and I think it does create a lot of question over who gets the start in the 1st round of NCAAs? I would probably lean towards Zane right now as I think he is better controlling the rebounds and positionally and the biggest reason is I believe he really has a greater ability to steal a game and make a big save on a breakaway the Saunders really hasn't showed recently. I think trust Hak but it just seems like we would be better off with Rodwell in the lineup and OD out and someone else up top with Knight and Kristo. OD has had a number of chances created by Knight and Kristo and a few tonight with basically open nets and couldn't cash in and really seems out of place at times so I wouldn't mind to see a change. I would have loved another matchup with Minnesota but who knows maybe there is one waiting in the NCAAs somewhere as well and while I really wanted to take the win the last real final 5 and 4th straight broadmoor I am okay with the loss in the sense that we can get rested up and ready for a run at Championship #8. We have won the final 5 the last 3 years and it hasn't brought us a whole lot of success in the NCAAs so maybe this is the route that will bring us more NCAA success.

Regroup, rest, improve. Team looked a little sloppy out there.

Gothberg in goal for next game no matter what.

Keep the 4th line. I liked St. Clair Pattyn Cauggs.

Take one game at a time mentality. Seniors and sophomore class really needs to step it up in the NCAAs. Need prouduction from Rowney, Mark Mac, Parks and Rocco.

Lastly, take advantage of the NCAA tournament bid. With next years NCHC conference who knows if UND makes the tourney next year.

And no counter production from Gleason

I know I read on here this summer that Dell had no choice but to leave if he wanted playing time, but I am sorry whoever thought that has been proven wrong. He maybe wasn't perfect but his consistency was better and he was solid this time of the year. He certainly didn't let in a softy EVERY game like the guys we got now. I would like to have seen where we would be at with him in the net right now.

I thought we created a lot of chances tonight and Howe made some nice saves but we have to find a way to cash in on more of them. The goaltending and powerplay are really the 2 things that let us down tonight and I think it does create a lot of question over who gets the start in the 1st round of NCAAs? I would probably lean towards Zane right now as I think he is better controlling the rebounds and positionally and the biggest reason is I believe he really has a greater ability to steal a game and make a big save on a breakaway the Saunders really hasn't showed recently. I think trust Hak but it just seems like we would be better off with Rodwell in the lineup and OD out and someone else up top with Knight and Kristo. OD has had a number of chances created by Knight and Kristo and a few tonight with basically open nets and couldn't cash in and really seems out of place at times so I wouldn't mind to see a change. I would have loved another matchup with Minnesota but who knows maybe there is one waiting in the NCAAs somewhere as well and while I really wanted to take the win the last real final 5 and 4th straight broadmoor I am okay with the loss in the sense that we can get rested up and ready for a run at Championship #8. We have won the final 5 the last 3 years and it hasn't brought us a whole lot of success in the NCAAs so maybe this is the route that will bring us more NCAA success.

Where did u see OD with all these chances....I didn't see any and I was at the game?

This teams Average, plain and simple, anyone can beat us on any night. Hopefully we win a game next weekend, no way anything materializes though, our goalie situation is a mess.

What's scary is that we are Average with two Hoby finalists and Mac. Lots of dead weight on this team. We need a crapload of talent coming in next year.

Load the top line. OD has been spoon fed goals and he can't cash. Zane and Rocco up top. One and done now. Some awful play by veterans tonight. Just awful

Back from game... agree100%. OD isn't a top line guy. He was brutal tonight. Last 4 games he has done nothing. UND lost that game...tough to watch. Sooooo inconsistent. Clark wasn't good. Neither was Joe. Neither was Parks. Drake's line far the best line shift by shift. Last 8 games UND has played 1 really good game... last Sunday. Not the Mo you want at this time of year.

Where did u see OD with all these chances....I didn't see any and I was at the game?

2 big ones I remember were he was slow to release and Howe slid over to stop him on 2 pad stack and I think it was a low Kristo shot Howe kicked rebound into slot and went right past OD and if he catches it he has the same chance as Caggiula did on his 2nd goal.

Back from game... agree100%. OD isn't a top line guy. He was brutal tonight. Last 4 games he has done nothing. UND lost that game...tough to watch. Sooooo inconsistent. Clark wasn't good. Neither was Joe. Neither was Parks. Drake's line far the best line shift by shift. Last 8 games UND has played 1 really good game... last Sunday. Not the Mo you want at this time of year.

Regroup. See what happens in the NCAAs. This team hasn't clicked or lived up to its potential. No way it's been playing it's best hockey yet.

I know I read on here this summer that Dell had no choice but to leave if he wanted playing time, but I am sorry whoever thought that has been proven wrong. He maybe wasn't perfect but his consistency was better and he was solid this time of the year. He certainly didn't let in a softy EVERY game like the guys we got now. I would like to have seen where we would be at with him in the net right now.

Dell was at the top of my mind tonight...These guys have the skills its just not there consistently.

Shucks whattya do.

I think a lot of people would take Dell back right about now to stabalize the goaltending position.

Load top then same with 2nd mark parks rowney

Doesn't matter who's on the third because there's nothing there right now producing. That 4th was awesome tonight. Zane in (agree they both keep giving the spot up to each other, ha cant remember ever seeing anything like this at und) and see what happens! Sucks to lose but a NCAA tourney banner is what is missing from the rafters

They have no pressure on them, no one expects them to win this year. This could be the year they surprise everyone. That's when/how they'll win their next Natty.

Give me a break. Premier programs (UND, UMN, UM, BC) ALWAYS have pressure and are ALWAYS expected to win and compete for a national championship.

UND wins that game with Zane in net and whoever the 'third' guy is on the first line just isn't clicking with Knight and Nine-toe.

Who's in charge of the power play?! Bring back Eades.

I think there is something there as it pertains to Eades, we have not been the same this year especially at defense. In my mind Berry could be the reason, we have most of the same guys sans Blood as last year and it was our strength. How else could you explain it?