SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. COLORADO COLLEGE - Thursday Final 5 7pm

AZSIOUX

Hey, going into the tournament anything can happened.

UND can beat anyone, but also get beat by anyone.

They have no pressure on them, no one expects them to win this year. This could be the year they surprise everyone. That's when/how they'll win their next Natty.

I disagree with this there will always be pressure to win at UND because the expectations are championships and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Give me a break. Premier programs (UND, UMN, UM, BC) ALWAYS have pressure and are ALWAYS expected to win and compete for a national championship.

UND wins that game with Zane in net and whoever the 'third' guy is on the first line just isn't clicking with Knight and Nine-toe.

UND is expected to compete. In no way this year has anyone ruled this a favorite to win the National Tournament. This year there is no clear favorite as you could pick 3-6 teams. They need to take advantage of their opportuntiy.

Running some scenarios in the pairwise predictor after the game tonight and most of the time they resulted with the Sioux finishing in the #10 spot.

Yup a 3 seed is probably where they end up. One and done anything can happen. Go sioux

They have no pressure on them, no one expects them to win this year. This could be the year they surprise everyone. That's when/how they'll win their next Natty.

What do you mean no pressure on them - we lose 2 Hoby finalists and Mac - do you think next year will be their year?

This ^^^^

What's scary is that we are Average with two Hoby finalists and Mac. Lots of dead weight on this team. We need a crapload of talent coming in next year.

Who? Haha...Mac? Anyway, knight who be STRUGGLING without kristo on his line. Besides his goal last weekend I haven't noticed him in awhile to be honest.

That shorthanded really killed all the momentum we had. All because of Gleason. Joe was horrible, not seeing what potential the coaches see in him. Panzerella would not have made those mistakes. Joe was quite the liability tonight. That being said, if they play like they did in that first period in the tournament for 3 full periods, they will be tough to beat. Time for a goalie to step up. I like our odds with Zane better, he has more upside than clarky

I think there is something there as it pertains to Eades, we have not been the same this year especially at defense. In my mind Berry could be the reason, we have most of the same guys sans Blood as last year and it was our strength. How else could you explain it?

Gleason played forward. And also Blood was awesome.

Who? Haha...Mac? Anyway, knight who be STRUGGLING without kristo on his line. Besides his goal last weekend I haven't noticed him in awhile to be honest.

Picture this team without the seniors - I don't see anyone who is playing like they will step it up next year. Not sure why not typing out MacWilliam on my phone is so funny.

Picture this team without the seniors - I don't see anyone who is playing like they will step it up next year. Not sure why not typing out MacWilliam on my phone is so funny.

Picture this team in the NCHC now without these Seniors. That's why they need to take advantage of their NCAA bid this year starting next week.

Tambellini, Johnson, Murphy are all goal scorers

Rocco, Cagguila, Parks, Mark Mac I feel could all step up to be that guy. There's two lines

Add Mitch, gaarder, rodwell, pattyn, chyzk, seinkbell and I'd say that's a solid group of forwards

Defense, I think forbort is gone leaving us with Simpson, Mattson, Schmaltz, Panzerella.

LaDue and Stecher are studs with a possibility of Thompson or Poolman coming in as well.

Not trying to get ahead too far but I think we'll be better off than people think. Somebody always steps up.

Was at the game.....thoughts.....

~Rocco and Parks both go to the same point, then both peal off the guy.....who then shoots and scores....

~Goaltending like that won't win you games in a tournament. It has to be better.

~Gleason was not good. Seemed to be pressing, the powerplay died on his stick a few times.

~UND rolled four for most of the game, don't think the tanks were too emptied

~Powerplay needs to get pucks to the net. At times, too many passes.

~Would like to see faceoff stats for Rowney......got murdered on that last one.

Anyone who watched that game saw what happened in the third period when UND needed a goal and tied the game. Rocco went up with the top unit and Mark went with Rowney and Parks. Thats when UND got a ton of momentum. After watching those units together I'm now in the load up the top two and have Drake play with Pattyn and St. Clair. The other line can be anyone....just don't get scored on. Its one and done time now in the college hockey world for North Dakota.

That shorthanded really killed all the momentum we had. All because of Gleason. Joe was horrible, not seeing what potential the coaches see in him. Panzerella would not have made those mistakes. Joe was quite the liability tonight. That being said, if they play like they did in that first period in the tournament for 3 full periods, they will be tough to beat. Time for a goalie to step up. I like our odds with Zane better, he has more upside than clarky

Yep I have no voice right now sitting in mcgoverns due to screaming at Gleason for 2 goals allowed. A SENIOR!!!!!!! Come on man!!!!!!

Was at the game.....thoughts.....

~Rocco and Parks both go to the same point, then both peal off the guy.....who then shoots and scores....

~Goaltending like that won't win you games in a tournament. It has to be better.

~Gleason was not good. Seemed to be pressing, the powerplay died on his stick a few times.

~UND rolled four for most of the game, don't think the tanks were too emptied

~Powerplay needs to get pucks to the net. At times, too many passes.

~Would like to see faceoff stats for Rowney......got murdered on that last one.

Anyone who watched that game saw what happened in the third period when UND needed a goal and tied the game. Rocco went up with the top unit and Mark went with Rowney and Parks. Thats when UND got a ton of momentum. After watching those units together I'm now in the load up the top two and have Drake play with Pattyn and St. Clair. The other line can be anyone....just don't get scored on. Its one and done time now in the college hockey world for North Dakota.

Totally agree. Why do we wait til we need it to put Rocco with the boys and Mark with Rowns. Obviously that is the clutch group, put it together from the get go.

Yep I have no voice right now sitting in mcgoverns due to screaming at Gleason for 2 goals allowed. A SENIOR!!!!!!! Come on man!!!!!!

Haven't been that mad at a defenseman since Joe Finley got outhustled by a gopher player to give up a game winning goal

I like our odds with Zane better, he has more upside than clarky

He can be just as inconsistant though. What do the Sioux need to do to get some consistancy in net. A save percentage of just over .800 is not acceptable. However, you cannot fault him for a deflection off his own player, but the break-away could have been different and especially the point shot. A 0 and 6 PP is pretty ridiculous as well. Considering how the last coulpe they could not even get something set up. Extremely frustrating.

Also, this has been bugging me all night....

This is directly out of the 2012-2013 NCAA Rules and Interpretations Publication for hockey:

"Rule 43 - Charging

43.1 Charging - A player shall not skate more than two strides and jump into or charge an opponent. Charging is the action of a player, who as a result of distance traveled, checks an opponent violently in any manner from the front or side.

Note: A legal body check is one in which a player checks an opponent who is in possession of the puck, by using the hip or body from the front or diagonally from the front or straight from the side."

Can anyone explain to me how Cagguila's hit was charging. He was not in stride, he was gliding and did not leave his feet. It seems like the NCAA is calling anything on a hit that was "hard".

Totally agree. Why do we wait til we need it to put Rocco with the boys and Mark with Rowns. Obviously that is the clutch group, put it together from the get go.

I completely agree with this. That line (Knight, Kristo, Grimaldi) is powerful. Why not use that every game. it doesn't kill our other lines, they are still good.

Can anyone explain to me how Cagguila's hit was charging. He was not in stride, he was gliding and did not leave his feet. It seems like the NCAA is calling anything on a hit that was "hard".

Every time MacWilliam makes a big hit I get nervous that it'll be a penalty, that's where we are at in the league.