SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Saturday Game 2

AZSIOUX

This time of the year, one loss and IT IS OVER!! This team looked very bad tonight. I am not into the next year it will happen thing, because we still have one game to make it to St Paul. Unlike most fans on here, I put my Money where my mouth is and buy final five tickets before the team makes it. So excuse me if I am a bit upset when a #3 seed loses to a #10 seed.

Don't forget that Tech also throttled St. Cloud when they were fighting to win their first ever WCHA title.

I'm just sick of the guys getting the puck and skating around with it I there zone for a few then skate it out, I know you have to regroup but it seems like they take a little too long. and I know danny has the most goals on team but how many teams know he's going to skate up the boards and try to make a pass or shoot the puck, he does the same thing all the time, he need to learn how to skate around the defender or get fast enough to skate right by him. Rocco has to start burying his shots and watch some of his passes but i cant get mad at him cuz he works his ass off every shift

• Upvote 1

I can feel the passion oozing from this thread, and that is not a bad thing.

It is hard to get too fired up about St Paul when your team is doing the equivalent of a thursday night free skate, and getting out hustled and out played by the #10 seed.

Is it the end of the world? No. Is it the end of our season? Not yet.

We have the horses, we just need them to lean into the harness a bit, and we need to have them all pointed in the same direction. If the seniors don't step up, we are toast for the post season play.

Rocco is a great player. He is young. He is one of the only ones out on the ice playing with a bit of jump. The team needs that.

I will be in St Paul regardless of whether or not the team is. It would be a whole lot more fun if I were rooting for the Sioux.

• Upvote 1

I can feel the passion oozing from this thread, and that is not a bad thing.

It is hard to get too fired up about St Paul when your team is doing the equivalent of a thursday night free skate, and getting out hustled and out played by the #10 seed.

Is it the end of the world? No. Is it the end of our season? Not yet.

We have the horses, we just need them to lean into the harness a bit, and we need to have them all pointed in the same direction. If the seniors don't step up, we are toast for the post season play.

Rocco is a great player. He is young. He is one of the only ones out on the ice playing with a bit of jump. The team needs that.

I will be in St Paul regardless of whether or not the team is. It would be a whole lot more fun if I were rooting for the Sioux.

I was ten rows behind the bench...the second period was incredibly hard to stay awake. ...

The lady next to my wife literally fell asleep. ..I !@$! you not she was sleeping like it was a long sermon. ..

My wife and I kept asking each other whats wrong with this place....one thing I noticed was that most of the crowd was still in thelobby drinking till about 11 to go in the second. ...and it seemed the team was just going through the motions...

....except rocco the wrecking ball...if that kid could close hed be hobey all night...kristo played hard....but D was very lazy.

Forbort was beaten by many a lesser man tonight.....a lesser man with determination.

Clarke my god clarkes play on the 2nd goal was just ........damn man

Last night zane lets one slip...now tonight clarke...but that guy shouldnt have gottwn in there anyway....

Observations:

1. Passing was just lazy. No zip to them and by the time someone received a pass MTU player was on them. The lazy passing killed the power plays. A good power play needs crisp passes.

2. UND players do not go to the puck. They stand there and wait for the puck to come to them. Unfortunately, by then an MTU player had stepped in front of them (see #1) and intercepted the pass.

3. When passes were made and got to the Sioux player, they were in the skates or too off target to handle.

4. Gleason was horrible and coughed up the puck all night.

5. Kristo needs to learn to play defense. He was a one way player all night long.

6. This whole team needs to learn to shoot the puck ON NET!. Grimaldi is the worst one on this but others are doing the same thing. There ware way too many wide open nets being missed.

7. All night long MTU baited the Sioux into passing into a trap and then slammed the door.

8. Kristo makes the exact same move time after time trying to skate around someone. They have figured it out and play the body and shut it down.

9. Knight has essentially shut down offensively for some reason. Not only is he not scoring goals, he isn't even setting up others.

10. Way too much trying to skate up the ice one on two or three. A good breakout is accomplished by passing. Get it into the zone with speed and a whole line flying up the ice. I don't think that happened once in this game.

11. Grimaldi is making way too many blind passes without looking.

My thoughts tonight is this team is playing like a group of individuals and not like a team.

If Grimaldi could bury half of the chances he is creating for himself he would easily be the best player on the ice every night. Just frustrating to watch the last few shifts when he could have given us the lead that went the other way for their final goal. What doesn't make any sense to me sitting at the game is why O'Donnell is still on the top line. He is just a body out there taking up space. Why not bring some guys in that haven't played regularly and shuffle up the lines. I'm sure that Chisyk (sp?), Senkbiel, or even Sanderson entering the lineup would send a message to our guys. Cagguila needs to considered as well. Just shake things up and maybe something good will happen.

Is there any surprise that the top line starting generating scoring chances in the 3rd when Rocco started taking some shifts on it? Really would like to see him moved to the top line for tomorrow's game. Set a tone, load up that line and score some points.