SiouxSports.com Forum

What will happen?

johnsowe

So now it is play off time and will this team jell together or will they be one and done? We have a good team but this team as not got over the hump per say. Too many ups and downs but if our goaile plays well like this weekend and Rocco stops missing the net anything is possible.

we beat tech in three, beat duluth on thurs at final five, lose friday to a well rested minny team. go to toledo as the number two seed, beat niagara, then beat miami in a classic to advance to frozen four, beat minny in thursday semi final and then beat SCSU for number 8.

Who did SCSU beat in the Semi-final?

My take is this, what did they win with all those amazing teams at the end?? Not a natty and that's what they play for at UND every year. For whatever reason BC has given Hakstol UND teams and every other 50 NCAA teams big problems in huge games. Couldn't score a goal vs Michigan...

Who knows, maybe this is the team. 3 of these seniors log tons of minutes and maybe we see even more of these guys with what's on the line. I think Zane is fine in net. He hasn't had a bad game in a while. If he happens to have a mediocre game having Clarke ready to go is a nice luxory. Ride the horses Kristo knight and mac! Biggest issue when they lose is not finishing great opportunities for whatever reason. Start finishing even half of those and this team could be in Pittsburgh no doubt! Go sioux look forward to tech series!

• Upvote 1

I'm going to play the role of pessimist, I guess. ???

I've watched my favorite squad twice in as many weeks not be able to jump out and grab a championship (or share thereof) that was dangled in front of them. Say what you will about Bemidji and Mankato, but the facts are simple - we couldn't get it done. I don't think this team has the hunger to bring home another Broadmoore, and IMO doesn't have the grit to dig deep in the playoffs to pull out #8.

Do I hope I'm wrong? Of course I do... and in no way whatsoever am I pulling a "reverse woofing" move. All season long, I think we've lacked consistency, and also lacked the ability to go out and grab a win in a tight game.

Again, I truly hope I'm proven wrong, but based solely on what I've seen this season, I'm not going to bet the farm on a natty this year. (I'm already tied to a $50 annual Final Five bet, and I'm not liking the looks of that either.....)

**of note - I will jump on the bandwagon once it starts travelling down the road - just want to make that clear** :D

I'm going to play the role of pessimist, I guess. ???

I've watched my favorite squad twice in as many weeks not be able to jump out and grab a championship (or share thereof) that was dangled in front of them. Say what you will about Bemidji and Mankato, but the facts are simple - we couldn't get it done. I don't think this team has the hunger to bring home another Broadmoore, and IMO doesn't have the grit to dig deep in the playoffs to pull out #8.

Do I hope I'm wrong? Of course I do... and in no way whatsoever am I pulling a "reverse woofing" move. All season long, I think we've lacked consistency, and also lacked the ability to go out and grab a win in a tight game.

Again, I truly hope I'm proven wrong, but based solely on what I've seen this season, I'm not going to bet the farm on a natty this year. (I'm already tied to a $50 annual Final Five bet, and I'm not liking the looks of that either.....)

**of note - I will jump on the bandwagon once it starts travelling down the road - just want to make that clear** :D

Way to have confidence in your team!! Wow!! Bandwagon fans are annoying and I can't stand them. You can be positive and realistic at the same time. Is this team capable of winning 9 straight games to win a National Championship...of course!! But is it realistic to say they will lose in the semi's to a rested Minnesota or St. Cloud team to...sure!! Yes we had a chance to get 8 points the last two weekends to win the MacNaughton. We only got 5. Does that make us a bad team? No. I think that having the WCHA championship within grasp and not getting it is going to give our players more desire and drive to succeed.

So I guess you can let us know when the team is doing good enough for you and you can jump back with us as being a true fan. Until then, you can just stay and the bandwagon stop waiting for that wagon to pick you up! :)

This team is difficult to get a read on, and it's for that reason I'm in no way going to attempt to predict what will happen. To me this playoff season is a "live in the moment" kind of event.

The "inconsistency" on display can go both ways, not just negatively!

Way to have confidence in your team!! Wow!! Bandwagon fans are annoying and I can't stand them. You can be positive and realistic at the same time. Is this team capable of winning 9 straight games to win a National Championship...of course!! But is it realistic to say they will lose in the semi's to a rested Minnesota or St. Cloud team to...sure!! Yes we had a chance to get 8 points the last two weekends to win the MacNaughton. We only got 5. Does that make us a bad team? No. I think that having the WCHA championship within grasp and not getting it is going to give our players more desire and drive to succeed.

So I guess you can let us know when the team is doing good enough for you and you can jump back with us as being a true fan. Until then, you can just stay and the bandwagon stop waiting for that wagon to pick you up! :)

You obviously took my tongue-in-cheek "bandwagon" comment waaaay too literally. FYI: Smiley face = poking fun at the real bandwagoners. I will be at ALL of the upcoming games, cheering on UND as I always have done - just so that is clear.

That said, I was being honest that we haven't found the right combination to put together a championship season. That, for a "non-bandwagon decades loyal fan" like myself, is frustrating to see - especially knowing the talent we have on the ice.

I don't think we are a bad team - I just think we have a lot to get figured out in a short time. From what I've seen this season, a championship is a VERY lofty goal. Forgive me if I shared my honest opinion on a fan sports forum. :silly:

THIS YEAR:

Back-to-back games won: 4

Sweeps: 3

Four-game win streaks: 1 (MTU & Holy Cross sweeps...actually was a 5 game win streak with a Sat. win against Denver the week before)

LAST YEAR:

Back-to-back games won: 5

Sweeps: 5

Four-game win streaks: 4

This team just hasn't been able to put strings together. Last year's team was very streaky, and were hot at the right time, just ran out of gas and against a better Minnesota team. I'm not sure the team is streaky enough to put four NCAA wins together all against stiff competition. I'm not saying they can't, but it's been awhile since we've won four straight games against tough opponents except for our WCHA Playoff Runs.

THIS YEAR:

Back-to-back games won: 4

Sweeps: 3

Four-game win streaks: 1 (MTU & Holy Cross sweeps...actually was a 5 game win streak with a Sat. win against Denver the week before)

LAST YEAR:

Back-to-back games won: 5

Sweeps: 5

Four-game win streaks: 4

This team just hasn't been able to put strings together. Last year's team was very streaky, and were hot at the right time, just ran out of gas and against a better Minnesota team. I'm not sure the team is streaky enough to put four NCAA wins together all against stiff competition. I'm not saying they can't, but it's been awhile since we've won four straight games against tough opponents except for our WCHA Playoff Runs.

I just get this gut feeling with this team that they are going to make that run for 8

Won't there be Summit League basketball games at the same time? Or will those be over before the weekend starts?

Summit Tourney started this past weekend and ends Tuesday.

Also, wasn't there a rumor out there that once all the basketball was done in SD that they were going to bring up their HD equipment for the first round playoff series in GF? Anyone else have more information about that? Would be sweet to see Hammer and Kobber in HD!! :lol:

• Upvote 1