SiouxSports.com Forum

What will happen?

johnsowe

Summit Tourney started this past weekend and ends Tuesday.

Also, wasn't there a rumor out there that once all the basketball was done in SD that they were going to bring up their HD equipment for the first round playoff series in GF? Anyone else have more information about that? Would be sweet to see Hammer and Kobber in HD!! :lol:

I'm willing to bet that that was was just that......a rumor.

Also, wasn't there a rumor out there that once all the basketball was done in SD that they were going to bring up their HD equipment for the first round playoff series in GF? Anyone else have more information about that? Would be sweet to see Hammer and Kobber in HD!! :lol:

They did on the last home weekend. It was okay, nothing special. It just screwed with the webcast alot because they weren't used to it.

THIS YEAR:

Back-to-back games won: 4

Sweeps: 3

Four-game win streaks: 1 (MTU & Holy Cross sweeps...actually was a 5 game win streak with a Sat. win against Denver the week before)

LAST YEAR:

Back-to-back games won: 5

Sweeps: 5

Four-game win streaks: 4

This team just hasn't been able to put strings together. Last year's team was very streaky, and were hot at the right time, just ran out of gas and against a better Minnesota team. I'm not sure the team is streaky enough to put four NCAA wins together all against stiff competition. I'm not saying they can't, but it's been awhile since we've won four straight games against tough opponents except for our WCHA Playoff Runs.

Not a lot of long winning streaks in the league or among the top teams in the country this year. St. Cloud had 1 string of 4 or more, a 5 game string that included 2 against Huntsville. Minnesota had a 6 game string that included 2 games against Anchorage and started against Air Force. BC won 9 in a row, back in October and November. Denver had 2 4 game streaks and a 5 game, but not all against top competition. Miami had a 4 game and a 5 game streak, 2 games were against Fairbanks in each streak. I don't think that anyone has proven they are the obvious favorite. Whomever gets hot will win the National Championship. UND has about the same chance as anyone this year. And all of the top teams have shown flaws. The big question mark is whether Quinnipiac is the real deal or not.
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't watch that if it was in my basement. :xmas::lol::)

I"ve been to one series a year, plus sometimes the playoff series as well, 2 of the last 3 final fives, and I've not seen the Sioux lose (in person) since they were swept at home by Denver in 2005. I don't intend to see another loss in St. Paul this year.

I can tell you after watching Minnesota last weekend, they have played like three games on NHL ice since their first series of the season against MTU. They didn't look good at all against BSU on Friday night. Nor all that good on Saturday either. I can't imagine a scenario where UND ist trying to lose any games going forward. Nor would I just assume that UND is going to lose to UMN either. There is little difference between the two teams.