SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - Friday

AZSIOUX

Too many open opportunities not cashed...cant blame it all on Kristo's golden chance...how about OD's GOAL waved off due to a very close offside or Knight's apparent goal blocked by Olkie's stick out of mid-air? What can i say? They cashed their chances and we did not...;(

4 goals scored and this team should win 9 outa 10 games but have to get secondary scoring more consistently. The top line needs some help.

Goaltending and special teams decide most games this time of year. UND didn't get average play in either category last night.

Zane needs a bounce back game.

If Hak was pissed due to effort and too many passengers Connor and Derek need to play tonight.

4 goals scored and this team should win 9 outa 10 games but have to get secondary scoring more consistently. The top line needs some help.

Goaltending and special teams decide most games this time of year. UND didn't get average play in either category last night.

Zane needs a bounce back game.

If Hak was pissed due to effort and too many passengers Connor and Derek need to play tonight.

Rodwell didn't travel.

I agree. I thought the PK was particularly deficient, obviously with the goals against, but that aside it looked like they were not doing anything to get in the passing lanes when DU would get it set up. There was a lot of running around and screening the goalie which is a recipe for giving up goals.

Hopefully the same pattern from the series in GF applies here - Olki steals one Friday and then we dominate on Saturday!

I thought for the most part we played pretty well, but I can see where Hak would have been upset with the effort at times. A lot of chances we couldn't cash in on and part of that credit should go to Olkinuora for really stealing the game. The team probably deserved a better outcome and it would have been nice to get that game and gain some ground on St. Cloud, but the loss makes tonights game even bigger. Need to cut down on the penalties a little bit and pressure them a little more when we are on the PK, gave them a few too many odd man chances, but overall it was a pretty fun game to watch. The goaltending for us wasn't very good from either guy and hopefully it was just a fluky night in that area, I would probably come right back with Zane tonight and hope he can redeem himself.

I can see Hakstols point about passengers, who other then the top line put much pressure on? Need to be hard on the puck and keep taking it to the net all four lines

I thought the Caggiula-Rowney-Parks line had pretty consistent sustainded pressure. The MacMillan line had a few moments but really didn't put any consistent pressure on and the 4th line seemed like it wasn't on the ice as much as usual but I think that had more to do with all the penalty kill and powerplay time.

After thinking the night over, I have a sneaky hunch this team will play a great game tonight. If losing like this doesn't motivate the team, I don't know what will. Goal tending was iffy at best and that is what killed this game. I have a feeling they have a solid game behind Saunders tonight and will 4-5 in a row.

After thinking the night over, I have a sneaky hunch this team will play a great game tonight. If losing like this doesn't motivate the team, I don't know what will. Goal tending was iffy at best and that is what killed this game. I have a feeling they have a solid game behind Saunders tonight and will 4-5 in a row.

Goaltending was terrible....but the team in front of them gave up 40+ shots I believe....don't forget to mention that.

I don't think Clarke did enough to stay in the lineup tonight. I think we see Zane. Sure Zane's third goal was a big time softie, but that being said, so was Clarke's for the 5th goal. That rebound HAS TO BE controled.

Zane is positionally better than Clarke and with a team as speedy and offensively strong as DU, positioning is huge. Before giving up a couple big goals, Zane was solid on his spots and made a couple really big saves because of his angles. I think Zane comes back in and gets the job done. I may be a bit biased, however... I used to coach the kid in little league baseball :lol:

We played with a good hop last night for most parts of the game (couple of lulls cost us the game, unfortunately) and that team knows they should have gotten two points Friday. I think we see a motivated team that goes out there and gets two points tonight.

Any thoughts on starter tonight in goal? Did Saunders stabilize things enough to warrant a start tonight? I'm not sure.

Aside from goal number 3 last night I thought Zane was good, especially on the PK. He was dealing with an awful lot of traffic in his crease and I thought he handled a lot of "in tight" situations pretty well in the 1st period. First two goals against we're tough ones. Third was an obvious mental lapse that can't happen. Does Hak give him a crack at redeeming himself tonight?

I don't think Clarke did enough to stay in the lineup tonight. I think we see Zane. Sure Zane's third goal was a big time softie, but that being said, so was Clarke's for the 5th goal. That rebound HAS TO BE controled.

Zane is positionally better than Clarke and with a team as speedy and offensively strong as DU, positioning is huge. Before giving up a couple big goals, Zane was solid on his spots and made a couple really big saves because of his angles. I think Zane comes back in and gets the job done. I may be a bit biased, however... I used to coach the kid in little league baseball :lol:

We played with a good hop last night for most parts of the game (couple of lulls cost us the game, unfortunately) and I that team knows they should have gotten two points Friday. I think we see a motivated team that goes out there and gets two points tonight.

I see I'm a bit slow this morning! :)

Funny how often "luck" occurs when you make an outstanding effort.

Correct...especially with Kristo's great effort that hit the post and the puck directly then nestled between the DU's goalie's sprawled legs. Works both ways.

Any thoughts on starter tonight in goal? Did Saunders stabilize things enough to warrant a start tonight? I'm not sure.

Aside from goal number 3 last night I thought Zane was good, especially on the PK. He was dealing with an awful lot of traffic in his crease and I thought he handled a lot of "in tight" situations pretty well in the 1st period. First two goals against we're tough ones. Third was an obvious mental lapse that can't happen. Does Hak give him a crack at redeeming himself tonight?

I thought Saunders was just as bad as Zane last night and Zane actually faced a few more difficult chances than Saunders did. I would be suprised if we didn't see Zane again tonight, give him a chance to redeem himself and I think he will get it done.