SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - Friday

AZSIOUX

Whenever I get stuck working a Friday evening, I depend on Sioux hockey games to make the time go by quicker. Doesn't do me a lot of good when the game doesn't start til 10pm!

I went to this series the last couple years, and it always seemed that the Sioux would outplay DU but then get absolutely hosed by the refs (more blatantly than in any other series I recall seeing). Hopefully things are called evenly, but I'm sure it'll be a great series either way.

Sioux Yeah Yeah!!

@UNDMHockey: UND lineup (1/3): Grimaldi-Knight-Kristo | Caggiula-Rowney-Parks | Mi. MacMillan-Ma. MacMillan-O'Donnell | Senkbeil-Pattyn-ST. Clair

@UNDMHockey: UND lineup (2/3): MacWilliam-Simpson | Forbort-Schmaltz | Mattson-Gleason | Goalies: Gothberg, Saunders

@UNDMHockey: Out: Rodwell, Gaarder, Panzarella, Sanderson, Chyzyk, Maris | Referees: Scott Bokal, Brian Thul | Linesmen: Gary Pedigo, Tim Swiader

@UNDMHockey: UND lineup (1/3): Grimaldi-Knight-Kristo | Caggiula-Rowney-Parks | Mi. MacMillan-Ma. MacMillan-O'Donnell | Senkbeil-Pattyn-ST. Clair

@UNDMHockey: UND lineup (2/3): MacWilliam-Simpson | Forbort-Schmaltz | Mattson-Gleason | Goalies: Gothberg, Saunders

@UNDMHockey: Out: Rodwell, Gaarder, Panzarella, Sanderson, Chyzyk, Maris | Referees: Scott Bokal, Brian Thul | Linesmen: Gary Pedigo, Tim Swiader

No Bryn, Connor or Derek tonight?

This has to be OD's last chance. If he does nothing tonight his ice time needs to end.

unless odonnell has transformed into crosby in the last two weeks there is no reason he should be in and rodwell out messing up chemistry on the fourth line. this is the problem with hakstol, always messing with the lines. i remember several years back the squad was struggling in november and they put like an 8 spot on cornell and next night he switched up every line and they lost 2-1. typical.

unless odonnell has transformed into crosby in the last two weeks there is no reason he should be in and rodwell out messing up chemistry on the fourth line. this is the problem with hakstol, always messing with the lines. i remember several years back the squad was struggling in november and they put like an 8 spot on cornell and next night he switched up every line and they lost 2-1. typical.

I don't mind the switch, really. The 3rd and 4th lines haven't been consistently producing. Yes, they have been playing well, but if this team is able to develop a third scoring line with the MacMillans and O'Donnell, this team will be tough to beat. St. Clair and Rodwell are very similar players, with St. Clair being more skilled imo. I like the switch, but I would've taken Senkbeil out instead of Rodwell. I know that Gaarder and Panzarella are the extras on the trip. Rodwell didn't travel, so he may be banged up possibly?

I do think this is O'Donnell's last chance to prove himself this year, but like I said, if he can get going this team will be tough to beat with its depth.