SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Hoggsbreath WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

Hoggsbreath Brunch   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What date and time works best for you?

• Friday the 22nd at 11:00 am?
    • Saturday the 23rd at 11:00 am?

Requested? Requested? Try REQUIRED!

Yes, the Hogger is a straight shot out of St Paul on 35E north, then Highway 36 east to the first exit, which is Rice Street. Go north on Rice Street one mile and you'll see the bar/restaurant on the right-hand side of Rice Street. It's a 10 minute drive tops out of downtown St Paul.

edit: then Highway 36 west to the first exit, which is Rice Street

I'll be there (1)

edit: then Highway 36 west to the first exit, which is Rice Street

I'll be there (1)

Edited my post too. Thanks for the assist. Not sure what I was thinking...

I am anticipating the biggest Hoggsbreath brunch crowd in this event's 8 year history. Can't wait for Thursday night's game and Friday's pre-game event!

We are going to try to make it was well. Have some family in the Cities we have to negotiate around.

1 adult 1 child...I'm the child and my 12 yr old daughter is the adult...or so I have been told.

• Upvote 2

The Hoggsbreath will be ready for us at 11:00 am this Friday. I plan on being there around 10:00 am so if you're up early and bored, feel free to come on down before post time - migh have to arrange some tables and get door prizes organized too. I talked to Jossie last night and requested "SCREW THE NCAA - WELCOME FIGHTING SIOUX FANS" be put up on the marquee. She apparently leaned over and told Tom what I wanted on the sign and he laughed out loud. Sorry, no-can-do on that one...not that he didn't like it. It will, however, say something to the effect of "WELCOME FIGHTING SIOUX FANS".

Items for you to bring: Your favorite Sioux hockey stories along with your best Final Five memory. There will be open mike opportunities to share with the group. I believe the crowd will be big enough this year for some formal introductions so people can put SiouxSports.com monikers and logos with actual faces and real names.

Daddy WarPipes...Cratter...Wilbur...sprig...and many other new faces along with Hoggs yearly regulars YaneA, NorthDakotaHockey, CMSioux, Siouxman...thanks for coming today. I hope you all had a great time at today's brunch.

Sprig and CMSioux, thank you for donating some prizes and goodies. Special thanks to AZSIOUX for helping with the throwback door prizes. Congrats to the jersey winners...nice luck there. Just in case anyone was wondering, I didn't turn any sort of raffle profit...in fact, I didn't even cover t-shirt and jersey expenses...didn't ever hope to, just wanted fans to come out and make some new friends. Mission accomplished.

Thanks again...wanna do it again next year?

• Upvote 2

Daddy WarPipes...Cratter...Wilbur...sprig...and many other new faces along with Hoggs yearly regulars YaneA, NorthDakotaHockey, CMSioux, Siouxman...thanks for coming today. I hope you all had a great time at today's brunch.

Sprig and CMSioux, thank you for donating some prizes and goodies. Special thanks to AZSIOUX for helping with the throwback door prizes. Congrats to the jersey winners...nice luck there. Just in case anyone was wondering, I didn't turn any sort of raffle profit...in fact, I didn't even cover t-shirt and jersey expenses...didn't ever hope to, just wanted fans to come out and make some new friends. Mission accomplished.

Thanks again...wanna do it again next year?

Ike's on 6th might be a good brunch spot next year

I had a great time again, for a second year row, meeting many great, solid people... We have the greatest the fan base in college hockey... #rolltribe. Thanks to Mafia Man for setting this thing up.

Darn close to 50 people at this year's by my count. Multi-generational - nice to hear the history and see the young guys taking an interest. Thanks to everyone for letting me share siouxpride.com with you. This year me and some friends are going all in and planning to have a tailgating booth at all home football games this year - look for the Siouxpride.com van and stop in and chat. We'll have the Sioux Shot Board ready for you.

• Upvote 1