SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Hoggsbreath WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

Hoggsbreath Brunch   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What date and time works best for you?

• Friday the 22nd at 11:00 am?
    • Saturday the 23rd at 11:00 am?

I've never done the breakfast so I really want to go. Trying to convince my sidekick to go...maybe he'll see this. ;)

I'm open to either day.

At 11:00 am, you can have either breakfast OR lunch! It's a win-win! :xmas:

Besides, my Sioux throwback jerseys are all getting numbers sewn on them as we speak. Odds are good that I will be spilling maple syrup on one wearing one at the Hoggsbreath regardless of whether we're there on Friday or Saturday morning.

Hopefully its going to be on Friday, I am going to the Wild game on Saturday.

I'd prefer Friday as well since we can go from there to the 2PM game, rather than drive all the way down from Blaine and return (not going to Wild game).

The Friday gig was fun because of the anticipation of the semi-final games coming up. In the past, a Sioux loss on Friday (or heaven forbid, Thursday), has led to a somewhat subdued group at the Hoggsbreath on Saturday morning.

After last night, just take care of business, win out, and avoid a Thursday game/loss. That would insure a good Friday brunch at the HB

After last night, just take care of business, win out, and avoid a Thursday game/loss. That would insure a good Friday brunch at the HB

I'm inclined to lean Friday myself...and I agree on the Friday brunch right before the 2pm semi-final being a good call. It worked out well last year and helps out the out-of-town folks taking in the Saturday afternoon Wild game.

I just want to make sure some long-time brunch attendees can make it before making the final call. Plus a lot depends yet on when UND will play...

I will be attending my first final five this year. Where is this held at? We are staying just blocks from the X.

The Hoggsbreath is a 5-7 minute ride north of St Paul on 35E, then exit west-bound Highway 36. Your first exit will be Rice Street...take a right there and go one mile north. Easy on, easy off, easy to find.

• Upvote 1

Son lived in the SE corner of Shoreview for a time, very close (a few blocks) from Rice Street, so I've been down it many times. Not nearly as busy as many streets in the Cities, very easy place to get to, although I've not made it to the brunch, will definitely make it happen this year. Assume you'll try and get numbers when the day has been decided?

There is also a Rice Street exit to the north off 694, for easy access for those coming from there (including those staying in the Shoreview motels next to 694).

Looks a bit more like ND will be in a Thursday game now, but nothing is decided (not to mention they need to win a home playoff series first).

Son lived in the SE corner of Shoreview for a time, very close (a few blocks) from Rice Street, so I've been down it many times. Not nearly as busy as many streets in the Cities, very easy place to get to, although I've not made it to the brunch, will definitely make it happen this year. Assume you'll try and get numbers when the day has been decided?

Yes, it's been a little sparse some years but the last 2-3 have had 15-30 people attending. The Hogg knows we are coming...I think I've set this up for 6-7 years now.

• Upvote 1

The 2012 Hoggsbreath was the first one that I went to, I was dragging because I was suffering from a serious Sinus infection. I had nose surgery in May and have not had another sinus infection since May. All I can remember was how cheap the price was and how good it was. It was fun talking to everyone.

Have seen this post for quite a few years and this may be my first opportunity to attend. Would love to hang out with fellow Sioux fans. Just got married and moved to the cites. My wife was living in Shoreview so just a stones throw away. Even though she is a rodent fan it is only a matter of time before she dons the Sioux jersey :bigsmile: