SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Hoggsbreath WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

Hoggsbreath Brunch   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What date and time works best for you?

• Friday the 22nd at 11:00 am?
    • Saturday the 23rd at 11:00 am?

we hope to be at the brunch trying to talk my dad into it

I can promise some laughs and good stories. People typically stay a couple of hours and then head to the X. Leave the Hogger at 1-1:15pm and you'll have no problem making the 2pm game with plenty of time to spare.

My sons have taken to making the plans for this weekend but we will be in St Paul and will be watching the games at the X.

Tell the boys Mom is in charge and Friday morning at 11 am is booked at Hoggsbreath. Nooooo excuses Sioux-cia.

Will Goon be attending again this year?

I do believe Goon is on the attendance list.

I am also planning on having Tom set up the PA system so introductions and 'story-time' can be heard by the whole group instead of just portions of each table.

Any sign wording suggestions? I'm lobbying for this: SCREW THE NCAA. WELCOME FIGHTING SIOUX FANS! Not sure Tom and Jossie will bite on that one though.

I do believe Goon is on the attendance list.

I am also planning on having Tom set up the PA system so introductions and 'story-time' can be heard by the whole group instead of just portions of each table.

Any sign wording suggestions? I'm lobbying for this: SCREW THE NCAA. WELCOME FIGHTING SIOUX FANS! Not sure Tom and Jossie will bite on that one though.

Welcome Fighting Politically Correct, Gender-Neutral, Non-racially specific, No-namers? You could also consider throwing non-sexual orientation bias....but that might be taking it a little far...did I miss anything though? ;)

Welcome Fighting Politically Correct, Gender-Neutral, Non-racially specific, No-namers? You could also consider throwing non-sexual orientation bias....but that might be taking it a little far...did I miss anything though? ;)

I thought of that as well...but there are limitations on the number of letters that will fit on the sign! :lol:

Will Goon be attending again this year? Mafia Man its time again for a group picture!

I just told Sioux7 aka Donn that our presence has been requested. I want to go definitely, for sure. If I remember right, the place was like 7 minutes away from our hotel and the food was really cheap and good. I have to meet Josie aka Sioux CIA, every time I’ve had a chance to meet her, I just missed her.

Just for the record, UND will work... :)

I just told Sioux7 aka Donn that our presence has been requested. If I remember right, the place was like 7 minutes away from our hotel and the food was really cheap and good.

Requested? Requested? Try REQUIRED!

Yes, the Hogger is a straight shot out of St Paul on 35E north, then Highway 36 WEST to the first exit, which is Rice Street. Go north on Rice Street one mile and you'll see the bar/restaurant on the right-hand side of Rice Street. It's a 10 minute drive tops out of downtown St Paul.

Sorry MafiaMan. Just finished all of the heavy lifting motivating the boys for last night's game so that they could be sure that North Dakota Hockey would be returning to Saint Paul for a run at another Broadmoor.

We will have 8-12 in tow on Friday morning. Tell the Big Cheese there to put another spot or two of help on board for the onslaught that is likely to come.

Thanks for the kick. I was sleeping at the wheel on the long drive home last night.

For all of you folks who voted for Saturday, I sincerely hope you can make it Friday instead. If you are able to, please change your vote so I can get an idea of who can pull it off. Thank you.

Friday worked out well last year and it happens to accomodate my schedule since I don't attend the Saturday afternoon Wild games and can wait until 6:00 pm to drive to St Paul for the title game. Thanks for understanding...just can't do two Hoggsbreath days in a row.

I apologize if you aren't able to make it Friday because it's going to be a BLAST.

name='MafiaMan' timestamp='1363627032' post='618873']

Yea...which is even MORE embarrassing for me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm watching The Lawrence Welk show on my VCR so I'm logging off SiouxSports.com...

Bet you use your eight track player to listen to his music also! :lol:

I wil be there - hoping to bring a couple more with me from Al's bus. I will donate some give-aways and with permission have some "Once a Sioux, always a Sioux" shirts (shown in icon) to sell and Sioux Mask of Honor Hoodies available. (if someone can explain how to post images here I can drop in a picture.)