SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Hoggsbreath WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

Hoggsbreath Brunch   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What date and time works best for you?

• Friday the 22nd at 11:00 am?
    • Saturday the 23rd at 11:00 am?

OK, folks, it's time to prepare for the 2013 Hoggsbreath brunch. Last year's brunch was moved to Friday morning to accomodate those fans wanting to catch Saturday afternoon's Wild game but I don't think we'll have that problem this year. I'll start taking tallies now and see where we wind up. Personally, I thought the move to Friday last year was a good one, although I can do either without too much trouble.

As always, fans of ANY team in SiouxSports.com are welcome to attend, not just Sioux fans. YaneA, NorthDakotaHockey, CMSioux...get the word out. AZSIOUX and Runninwiththedogs, I expect that THIS is the year you finally make this gig! See ya there!

OK, folks, it's time to prepare for the 2013 Hoggsbreath brunch. Last year's brunch was moved to Friday morning to accomodate those fans wanting to catch Saturday afternoon's Wild game but I don't think we'll have that problem this year. I'll start taking tallies now and see where we wind up. Personally, I thought the move to Friday last year was a good one, although I can do either without too much trouble.

As always, fans of ANY team in SiouxSports.com are welcome to attend, not just Sioux fans. YaneA, NorthDakotaHockey, CMSioux...get the word out. AZSIOUX and Runninwiththedogs, I expect that THIS is the year you finally make this gig! See ya there!

If you haven't been to one of these brunches, you have missed out on good grub, ROTFLMFA stories and the chance to meet the men and women behind siouxsports.com handles whose posts have entertained, enlightened, outraged or baffled you for years. MafiaMan does a great job arranging things at the Hogg. He will pull back the curtain on the infamous Platinum Fox pilgrimage during the Columbus Frozen 4 with very little prompting. Bring the kiddies and be prepared to cover their ears during the juiciest bits of badinage. Yes, "badinage." That's a word; look it up. Hope to see you there for the final Final 5 brunch ever. Good times.

Mr. and Mrs. Siouxman will be there, Friday or Saturday. It is a great time. Not only that, MafiaMan usually has prizes, gives advice on parking around the X, and has stories about the SiouxSports.com youth hockey team in Gopher town. And as YaneA said, there are stories to be told.

We never have before but there's always a "Hello, My Handle Is..." first time.

If there's a huge majority leaning one way, I'll roll with the tide. If it's pretty evenly split, I'll make the final call. Obviously I hope people could make either date but that's always a challenge.

The Friday gig was fun because of the anticipation of the semi-final games coming up. In the past, a Sioux loss on Friday (or heaven forbid, Thursday), has led to a somewhat subdued group at the Hoggsbreath on Saturday morning.

If there's a huge majority leaning one way, I'll roll with the tide. If it's pretty evenly split, I'll make the final call. Obviously I hope people could make either date but that's always a challenge.

The Friday gig was fun because of the anticipation of the semi-final games coming up. In the past, a Sioux loss on Friday (or heaven forbid, Thursday), has led to a somewhat subdued group at the Hoggsbreath on Saturday morning.

Nothing a couple of drinks couldn't fix...

I don't recall that happening in the Hoggsbreath era. Maybe it was because we had a couple years when we couldn't pick on the Gophers since they were no where to be found. :silly:

Nothing a couple of drinks couldn't fix...

C'mon, that's the difference between Sioux fans and Gopher fans. Sioux fans drinking at the Hoggsbreath on a Saturday morning after a loss = nap time. Gopher fans drinking at the Hoggsbreath on a Saturday = riot police being called out.

• Upvote 1

C'mon, that's the difference between Sioux fans and Gopher fans. Sioux fans drinking at the Hoggsbreath on a Saturday morning after a loss = nap time. Gopher fans drinking at the Hoggsbreath on a Saturday = riot police being called out.

Only when we win National Titles :D