SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Hoggsbreath WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

Hoggsbreath Brunch   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What date and time works best for you?

• Friday the 22nd at 11:00 am?
    • Saturday the 23rd at 11:00 am?

MafiaMan - Thanks again for the wonderful job of putting this all together. Everyone-it was great to see the event so well attended this year. Really enjoyed the passing the microphone around and sharing the stories. I think it was great how everyone talked about "GO CC" against the Gophers and then they went out and did it. We heard a lot of crap from Gopher fans on Friday until their game was over, and then not a peep out of a Gopher fan for the rest of the weekend.

For those that weren't there, plan on it next year.

I think you said it best. A place with good service that allows you to have basically the whole bar to yourself. I'm hopeful to make it down to Minneapolis next year. If we do we'll be at the Hog again.

Hopefully the administrative staff at the Shady Pines Retirement Community thinks you can handle the drive to Minneapolis again...would love to see you next spring at the brunch!

Thanks to Mafia Man for organizing this gig. Another great time was had by all. Many blessings for my crowd as my parents are still hobbling to and from Sioux hockey whenever and wherever they can. Loved everyone's stories and passion. Great seeing many folks and meeting new ones. Thanks especially to Sprig for laying out his meat for all to see and taste.

Always good seeing y'all. If I start naming names, I'll miss a few. Lost the waffle cone to Mafia Man on the Michigan-Miami bet. As YaneA requested, I did double down on Michigan. Maybe that ND-Minnesota match that all good hockey fans wanted to see in The X last Friday will take place this Saturday in Grand Rapids?

The Hoggsbreath was great. The only complaints from our crowd is that the proprietor, a North Dakota guy himself as I recall, could take a whole lot of lessons in helping his help, and especially in greeting and thanking his patrons for coming. He'd breeze around mostly with his face in the mirror without saying a word. Almost called him out on it. Next year I just might.

Anyway, another blast, thanks to the organizational acumen of The Man. The Mafia Man.

I had a good time. My only complaint would be it seemed to end a little short. I was going to introduce myself to Wilbur as he was one of the few other people "my age." But ran out of time. I told MafiaMan about the calendar I was shooting but he never heard about it. Apparently he doesn't leave the hockey forum :p ha jk. Anyways take a gander under community trademark. I uploaded a preview picture.

I had a good time. My only complaint would be it seemed to end a little short. I was going to introduce myself to Wilbur as he was one of the few other people "my age." But ran out of time. I told MafiaMan about the calendar I was shooting but he never heard about it. Apparently he doesn't leave the hockey forum :p ha jk. Anyways take a gander under community trademark. I uploaded a preview picture.

It's a little like herding cats at the Hogg sometimes...I will have the group photo available in about a week.

Cratter, are you telling me there are forums on this site OTHER than hockey?

The Hoggsbreath was great. The only complaints from our crowd is that the proprietor, a North Dakota guy himself as I recall, could take a whole lot of lessons in helping his help, and especially in greeting and thanking his patrons for coming. He'd breeze around mostly with his face in the mirror without saying a word. Almost called him out on it. Next year I just might.

Tom isn't a sports guy at all and wouldn't know the Final Five was in town unless I told him. He's very much an introvert, which is unusual for a bar owner. Trust me, he means well and enjoys our group. His wife is Jossie, the pony-tailed blonde who does the dirty work. Tom takes care of the books...she slogs it out working with the grunts. Jossie did tell me that she sincerely appreciates our group coming in year after year. Next year, I'll make sure either Tom or Jossie grab the mike and says a few words.

The shirts, while my idea, got done because of Jossie's leg-work. Without her, those very cool mementos of the brunch wouldn't have happened. Which reminds me, I couldn't afford to buy 70-100 shirts and give them away, but I do hope everyone took home something memorable from the brunch and gave out as many shirts as I could. If you did NOT get one and would like one, please send me a PM and I will see what I can do to get you one.

Again, If you have any thoughts on making the 2014 brunch even better, feel free to pass along your ideas and thoughts. I already can't wait...

My old man has the gift of gab, he just surprises the hell out of me sometimes. He basically was the emcee for my wedding reception, and just had people rolling. His comment about it not being a wake was pretty spot on. We have a lot of season to go.....

I still just.....uffff.....Holy Cross dad.....Holy Cross. :whistling:

Had no idea after talking to you that he was your dad. Had a chat with him, we have mutual friends from the Lambda (sp?) Chi (I didn't belong), and I likely woke him up a time or two heading for the 3AM kitchen to make fried spam sandwiches after Frenchy's closed ( with a frat bro he knows that was a good friend of mine, won't mention names). Couldn't head for the grinder/garbage plate every night :)

Sorry i had to leave early for an appointment. MM do you have copies of the 2011 photo being I had to miss this years picture. Look forward to next year. Especialy if I get my seat back right across from Goon! :)

Sent you a text with photo attached. I will have the newest picture available in about a week.

I think it should stay at the Hoggsbreath. It has built a tradition over the years and they seem to be great hosts. They gave us our own section and even give mafiaman a microphone to use. Very professional. This could be the one thing that doesn't change in an ever changing world. It's not like its within walking distance of the X anyways.

Sorry i had to leave early for an appointment. MM do you have copies of the 2011 photo being I had to miss this years picture. Look forward to next year. Especialy if I get my seat back right across from Goon! :)

I might have to come down and shoot some pheasants.

Good for the sausages, glad to hear it, I've been told that by another friend that had them as well.

I had the jalapeno cheese summer sausage on a sandwich for lunch - just about ready to jump in my car and head up to Crosby for some more. The benefits of attending the Hoggsbreath just keep on comin!