SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Practice Facility Coming Soon!

Sioux10Fan

The new lockers at Memorial has me wondering. It has been speculated that UND will break ground on the IPF in May. Doesn't the IPF have locker rooms for football? Is there thought that the new locker room at Memorial will be a visiting locker room, if there is a full blown renovation of Memorial? Since I'm going out on a limb, I will ask... will the monorail stop at the new locker room.

The new lockers at Memorial has me wondering. It has been speculated that UND will break ground on the IPF in May. Doesn't the IPF have locker rooms for football? Is there thought that the new locker room at Memorial will be a visiting locker room, if there is a full blown renovation of Memorial? Since I'm going out on a limb, I will ask... will the monorail stop at the new locker room?

Yes.

;)

Since I'm going out on a limb, I will ask... will the monorail stop at the new locker room.

My copy of the plan has the monorail terminal stopping at the Schleussner gate entrance to Fennell Field. They worried about congestion (extra foot traffic) if they'd have put the monorail at Kleinsasser gate.

;)

:D

• Upvote 2

The lockers will be relocated to the IPF when it is finished. They really needed an upgrade to the locker room bad. That thing was straight out of the 80s. I'm excited to see the new meeting and film room at their disposal in the IPF, they should be even better than the ndsu ones which are top notch.

If anyone is interested, this is what NDSU has for facilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGYqPpwXgEI

They are quite impressive, relative to what we have currently.

The only reason I bring this up is so we can see what we should be striving for. With the new IPF, there is no reason we can't have the same type of facilities, including coaches offices, meeting rooms, film study rooms, and weight rooms.

• Upvote 1

Fargo U. has obviously pumped a lot of money into their city owned facility. It is top notch at the FCS level. They have some of the best football offices in the country, and that can lend a lot to on-field success. There are many reasons why North Dakota needs this Indoor Practice Facility, and quite honestly, competition with Fargo football is the main one.

Fargo U. has obviously pumped a lot of money into their city owned facility. It is top notch at the FCS level. They have some of the best football offices in the country, and that can lend a lot to on-field success. There are many reasons why North Dakota needs this Indoor Practice Facility, and quite honestly, competition with Fargo football is the main one.

Those facilities are almost 10 years old. We need to have a lot better than those

• Upvote 1

Those facilities are almost 10 years old. We need to have a lot better than those

I couldn't agree more - this new IPF has the potential to be even better than what NDSU has, but that remains to be seen. One thing that's for certain is that facilities like what NDSU has and what we are getting certainly are a crucial part of the "success equation".

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Bunch of posters around here swear grounds breaking this spring....

If it is coming soon, I could see them purposely waiting until the legislature was finished to make an announcement.

Unless that's the case, I wish they'd update every one soon.

No IPF is showing up on the city's "projects under review", so must be at least a few months away.

http://gfplanning.weebly.com/

It doesn't take long for some of those projects to be approved and for work to start. Maybe not be the case with this one though since I assume it will be considered a "state" project and the bidding will have to be done in a certain way. I don't know the specifics on that, someone else can probably fill in the blanks.

In response to a tweet from SFI...

Regarding IPF: we believe it needs to be on agenda for ND SBoHE monthly board meeting & approved before demo can begin. May or June meeting?

The board approved demo March 7th....

UND request to proceed with demolition of the original Winter Sports building,

a.k.a. Old REA, as part of the construction of a new athletics practice facility.

http://www.ndus.noda...e-materials.pdf

It doesn't take long for some of those projects to be approved and for work to start. Maybe not be the case with this one though since I assume it will be considered a "state" project and the bidding will have to be done in a certain way. I don't know the specifics on that, someone else can probably fill in the blanks.

I saw the legal announcement a month or more ago for a RFP for engineering services. I don't remember when the work (demolition) was to begin, but was to be completed by September 2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...