SiouxSports.com Forum

Sonics Coming Sonics Coming!

watchmaker49

I recommend you try the cay's fries

If you haven't been to Whiteys since they reopened, they probably have the best in town now. They're how the Blue Moose fries used to be. Anybody else notice that the food at the Blue Moose isn't very good anymore since Whiteys took one of their chefs?

I think they would do well in GF, the size of menu and food quality of them over Sonic is tremendous.

The fact that you're comparing Red Robin to Sonic is quite telling about your level of sophistication. Why can't everybody just relax and agree that when it comes to restaurants, more is better? Fact is, there is nothing like Sonic in the area, and I think they will do extraordinarily well.

I like Krolls, can't beat their knoephla soup and chocolate shakes...damn.

The fact that Krolls calls that garbage knoephla soup is embarassing. Go to the Sales Barn in Napoleon or The Depot in Jamestown if you want real Knoephla. Heck, even my mom can do better than Krolls and she makes the stuff once in a blue moon.

Smashburger is good. 5 Guys is good. Stake N Shake is really good. Sonic, I have an unnatural obsession with because of the commercials, the food is not bad.

I'm still a big fan of Burger Time.

The fact that Krolls calls that garbage knoephla soup is embarassing. Go to the Sales Barn in Napoleon or The Depot in Jamestown if you want real Knoephla. Heck, even my mom can do better than Krolls and she makes the stuff once in a blue moon.

Smashburger is good. 5 Guys is good. Steak N Shake is really good. Sonic, I have an unnatural obsession with because of the commercials, the food is not bad.

I'm still a big fan of Burger Time.

Fixed

Really? It used to be very good at the original Krolls Kitchen in Bismarck, but it's been a while since I've been there so maybe it's slid...that's disappointing.

Bismarck/Mandan Krolls and Fargo Krolls are 2 completely different places IMO. Bismarck/Mandan Krolls are staffed by people who are actually of german descent.

Bismarck/Mandan Krolls and Fargo Krolls are 2 completely different places IMO. Bismarck/Mandan Krolls are staffed by people who are actually of german descent.

That could be part of it, in Bismarck it was the original owners and a lot of real German food, a lot of people my parents age always stopped there when in Bismarck, you could even hear them speaking German in the kitchen sometimes.

Probably like everything else, the copy is never as good as the original.

The fact that you're comparing Red Robin to Sonic is quite telling about your level of sophistication. Why can't everybody just relax and agree that when it comes to restaurants, more is better? Fact is, there is nothing like Sonic in the area, and I think they will do extraordinarily well.

"Quite telling about your level of sophistication." :lol:

I guess stating that Red Robin has a bigger menu and better food than Sonic has branded me a hillbilly.

"Quite telling about your level of sophistication." :lol:

I guess stating that Red Robin has a bigger menu and better food than Sonic has branded me a hillbilly.

If you want to compare burgers - straight up - I'm down with that, although I think price needs to be taken into consideration. But to tout the "tremendous" advantage of a casual, sit-down in terms of menu size and food quality over a drive-in? Come on. Besides, last time I checked, RR was not serving breakfast.

If you want to compare burgers - straight up - I'm down with that, although I think price needs to be taken into consideration. But to tout the "tremendous" advantage of a casual, sit-down in terms of menu size and food quality over a drive-in? Come on. Besides, last time I checked, RR was not serving breakfast.

That was exactly my point, I was responding to the post that said Red Robin would be a better addition to the area than other options, and obviously RR would offer more than Sonic can as far as menu choices and, yes, quality of food. I probably should have worded that better, it's a good thing for the town that Sonic is coming and they will do well, but as was said RR would be a great catch.

I miss the Big Irish burger at Bennigans. It made me mad when Fargo closed theirs followed by Moorhead. Where can you go to get a 1 pound burger?

Health-conscious bastards are ruining the dining choices for us high-cholesterol real Americans! :angry::lol:

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I don't live in GF, but have been back there to experience JL Beers. I'd say it's the best burger in town. I can't think of a place in the town that comes close. Their frys are so-so, but I feel most burger places have average fries anywyas.

Their chips are excellent.