SiouxSports.com Forum

Sonics Coming Sonics Coming!

watchmaker49

Yeah, I don't live in GF, but have been back there to experience JL Beers. I'd say it's the best burger in town. I can't think of a place in the town that comes close. Their frys are so-so, but I feel most burger places have average fries anywyas.

I've never really been to a place that really blows me away with their fries. I feel like fries are either bad or acceptable, never great. I always opt for 2 burgers at JL instead of getting fries to just chew on. But I'll agree with whoever said the chips are excellent, especially the new loaded ones.

I've never really been to a place that really blows me away with their fries. I feel like fries are either bad or acceptable, never great. I always opt for 2 burgers at JL instead of getting fries to just chew on. But I'll agree with whoever said the chips are excellent, especially the new loaded ones.

Seems like most places put all their effort into the burgers and the fries are treated like a garnish, either soggy or overdone. About the only consistently decent fries are at 5 Guys, other than that I usually pay the buck or two to get onion rings instead.

The only real good fries are the old crinkle cut ones. The Dairy Bar or whatever the old Dairy Queen in Larimore makes a great double cheeseburger and crinkle cut fries.

Crinkle cut for the win. 5 guys burgers over done and the fries were greasy and soft-limp. Smashmout burger was very good and the haystack onions were very good also. JL Beers has good burgers but you have to get the double.. Red Robin meh and over priced. Burger Time has a pretty good burger and the price is pretty good.

The only real good fries are the old crinkle cut ones. The Dairy Bar or whatever the old Dairy Queen in Larimore makes a great double cheeseburger and crinkle cut fries.

Well if you say so, it must be true - yours is always the definitive opinion, right? By the way - since you like to correct the posts of others - it's "really good fries", not "real good fries".

Seems like most places put all their effort into the burgers and the fries are treated like a garnish, either soggy or overdone. About the only consistently decent fries are at 5 Guys, other than that I usually pay the buck or two to get onion rings instead.

Five Guys was actually inspired by the fries. The guys wondered if they could take the boardwalk fries experience (specifically, Thrashers from Ocean City) and replicate it in a city burger chain. Hence the fresh cut potatoes, peanut oil, and intentional boardwalk style instead of fast food style.