SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WISCONSIN - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Keys to success:

1. Scoring first and early. This allowed for an up-tempo game.

2. Switching Rocco and Danny left to right. Danny and "Bob" are a great tandem. If those two are keyed on, Rocco can create all by himself. I envision this line firing on all cylinders come playoffs.

3. Michael Parks. We need him to play like this the rest of the year.

4. The Rowney, Parks and Caggiula line- I really, really like this line

5. Easy Mac to the third line with Colton- even though Colton's night ended early, I liked what I saw. I think we are seeing that Easy Mac's style might be best suited other than on the top two lines...not a knock on his skill...this is a chemistry move

6. Tenacity out of the fourth line- that was a Sioux fourth line last night

7. Zane- other than one stupid move that cost us a goal, he played very well again. He was outstanding on Friday night.

8. Few defensive zone mistakes.

9. Gleason and Simpson jumping into the offensive play opportunistically.

Great take on all if this. If Colton isn't injured would like to see Mark Colton and Bryn. Mitch isn't the guy there. Connor could work though.

Was nice to see an early goal...keep momentum with PK then score the 2nd one.

Kudos to Jim and Pattyn for getting nasty. This team needs more of that.

Keys to success:

1. Scoring first and early. This allowed for an up-tempo game.

2. Switching Rocco and Danny left to right. Danny and "Bob" are a great tandem. If those two are keyed on, Rocco can create all by himself. I envision this line firing on all cylinders come playoffs.

3. Michael Parks. We need him to play like this the rest of the year.

4. The Rowney, Parks and Caggiula line- I really, really like this line

5. Easy Mac to the third line with Colton- even though Colton's night ended early, I liked what I saw. I think we are seeing that Easy Mac's style might be best suited other than on the top two lines...not a knock on his skill...this is a chemistry move

6. Tenacity out of the fourth line- that was a Sioux fourth line last night

7. Zane- other than one stupid move that cost us a goal, he played very well again. He was outstanding on Friday night.

8. Few defensive zone mistakes.

9. Gleason and Simpson jumping into the offensive play opportunistically.

I think this is dead-on. The lines looked really powerful on Sat night. Zane has fast reflexes and plays with confidence. I think he is the man at this point. points 8&9 are, in my opinion critical come March and April. Regarding # 8,I think the calculated risk/reward is heavily in the Sioux's favor when our top line is out and probably the Rowney line (depending on the opposition's line). When as a defensive clearing tactic the opponent rings the puck around the boards during a fore-checking puck battle, I think our blue liner should attack the puck and meet the opposition at the puck instead of dropping to center ice in a defensive poise. It seems to me that as long as we get a body to the puck to disrupt the defender we end up with possession within two passes. ie attack, attack, attack! Top to bottom, we have the skill to win this game.

I also want to throw out some love to #8, Senkbeil, A couple of times Sat night this guy was a machine. Tenacious, relentless puck pursuit. He played a very impressive game. Rodwell also look very impressive. If they continue to play like they did we are all going to be very entertained over the next two+ months.

Finally my hat is off to Rowney and Rocco, both of these guys added some very nice poise to their impressive skill set on Sat. Well paced passes in deep is a critical ingredient to becoming a championship team and they both seemed to show some calm around the net that led to great scoring opportunities. I Think this is the #10 on that list. Play with great poise around the goal. Be deliberate and pace your moves and passes appropriately to make it work. 450mph passes and spastic shots that miss open nets are not the ticket and these guys are better than that as they showed this weekend. Well done!!

Thought it was comical that Dahl wasn't prepared for the blowback after he tried to play tough guy and give Jim a shot after the whistle. A whistle that should not have been blown, btw.

Or maybe Jimmers has a sledgehammer in his hockey glove.

Newberry and Ethier must sucked back the bile in the back of their throats watching a badger dive on a punch. Those guys were tough. Dahl wearing the same jersey is an insult to those guys.

Nevermind the locker room, how about if you are so injured that you writhe around the ice in agony for 45 seconds after a hit that results in a penalty, you aren't allowed to immediately hop back on the ice for the ensuing power play?

Almost to hard to keep track of but it would be the right thing. I was just thinking that if someone is SOOOO hurt they should have to be checked out and that should stop it.

Or maybe Jimmers has a sledgehammer in his hockey glove.

Newberry and Ethier must sucked back the bile in the back of their throats watching a badger dive on a punch. Those guys were tough. Dahl wearing the same jersey is an insult to those guys.

That.

Plus, I was wondering who taught the current Badgers that squirt bottles can be used to start a brawl.

I've said it in previous threads, but man, no respect for that group of diving, flopping, spraying female cheerleaders, squirting fans, disrespectful comments during interviews, group of badgers.

Don't forget skating around the ice during the other team's player introductions. This team has done that for years.