SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

i wonder if we as a und fan base is to raveness and demand to much??

maybe we should be happy with winning seasons sheet idk seems like i want titles but everyone drags me in the mud for wanting them...im just to passionate.

I want titles and lots of titles too my friend. I think it is good to place such high demands as it should keep the team ever in the chase.

I want titles and lots of titles too my friend. I think it is good to place such high demands as it should keep the team ever in the chase.

I think we all want titles. I would like to see one or two more before I push up daises.

yeah but when you get frustrated crb1 prepare to get raked to the coals and dragged thru the mud

UND sid's hate me cuz i want winners...i primarily dont go on chats anymore either..

I will never apologize or change my mind about wanting championships. That is what I grew up with and quite frankly what I expect from this program. I also realize it is very difficult in this day and age.

• Upvote 2

I will never apologize or change my mind about wanting championships. That is what I grew up with and quite frankly what I expect from this program. I also realize it is very difficult in this day and age.

Do you think that Duke settles for sweet 16 appearances? No, they expect a title every year. When you are an elite program, you expect championships. We will get a few under Hak and we will do it sooner than later.

Do you think that Duke settles for sweet 16 appearances? No, they expect a title every year. When you are an elite program, you expect championships. We will get a few under Hak and we will do it sooner than later.

couldn't agree more.

This is what I don't like about Hakstol; he pulls a Jim Boeheim whenever he gets a question he doesn't like. If the question can't be answered with one of his patented boilerplate coachspeak comments, he moves on to the next one. I don't even listen to the Wednesday night coaches show anymore because it's the same tired old crap over and over and over. If you have heard one Hakstol interview, you've heard them all.

If you've ever attended a luncheon, Hak is always very candid both with his remarks and his answers to any and all questions. In interviews, does he brush some questions off? Of course, but I think overall he answers questions pretty directly.

If you've ever attended a luncheon, Hak is always very candid both with his remarks and his answers to any and all questions. In interviews, does he brush some questions off? Of course, but I think overall he answers questions pretty directly.

Okay, I watched the press conference and he DID answer the question. But I still don't like the snide remark about "message boards". A lot of our biggest fans post on here and other places. We aren't all trolls and misfits. Message boards are the watercooler of the information age and the coaches better get used to them being around.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I watched the press conference and he DID answer the question. But I still don't like the snide remark about "message boards". A lot of our biggest fans post on here and other places. We aren't all trolls and misfits. Message boards are the watercooler of the information age and the coaches better get used to them being around.

I would be a little bit more concerned about getting 4 point in the last 6 WCHA games than message boards!

• Upvote 3

I would be a little bit more concerned about getting 4 point in the last 6 WCHA games than message boards!

I used to wonder about whether or not coaches and players read the message boards. Obviously the answer is yes. I'm not an intelligent individual by any means, but I think Hak probably got a bit weight off his chest with his message board comment.

Easy to see that he's a bit frustrated as well. Maybe that leads to a a great performance this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I used to wonder about whether or not coaches and players read the message boards. Obviously the answer is yes. I'm not an intelligent individual by any means, but I think Hak probably got a bit weight off his chest with his message board comment.

Easy to see that he's a bit frustrated as well. Maybe that leads to a a great performance this weekend.

I know they do...Tyler Palmiscno asked me one time about some comments I made about the goalie Josh Sembida.

• Upvote 1

I know they do...Tyler Palmiscno asked me one time about some comments I made about the goalie Josh Sembida.

Easy to see why Quinnipiac is where they are today. Getting him to transfer from UND to that university turned the tide for them.

I apologize to all UND players that I've ever questioned. I'm a diehard that bleeds green.....forgive me Jim....forgive me....

• Upvote 1

In 33 years at Duke, Coach K has won 4 national titles, an average of 1 about every 8 years (nevermind that 90-91 and 91-92 were back-to-back). using that logic, UND is due...STAT.

Take this for what it's worth, but I've spoken personally to several players over the past couple of years...and they all ADAMANTLY DENY even looking at siouxsports.com.

Take this for what it's worth, but I've spoken personally to several players over the past couple of years...and they all ADAMANTLY DENY even looking at siouxsports.com.

They look at USCHO. Or at least the player sitting next to me in the Gamble Computer lab 3 years ago did.

It varies from player to player I'm sure.

Shhhhhhh! No talk like that around here bro. It doesn't matter that he's the head coach of so many teams that have had the most talent and CHOKED every year.

We should just be THRILLED that we aren't Mankato. And be THRILLED that we are "competitive" every year. I mean there are a lot of teams that wish they could be as relevant as UND is!

THAT is how we measure success at UND. By how many crap programs like Mankato and Anchorage wish they could be like us. NOT by National Championships, I mean...what does those count for? I'd rather settle for playing in all of the frozen fours that our team has played in. Certain posters act like they'd rather not be in the Frozen Four than to get there so many times in a decade and just CHOKE in the spotlight like UND has so often. Not me, I'd rather get there and CHOKE.

So many UND fans are so "greedy". I mean come on, this program JUST won a title 13 years ago for god sakes! Have some patience, would ya?!

Very well said. We should be happy we are competitive and maybe after 6 years we will a championship! Until then I'll sit back and watch Hakstols brilliant coaching abilities.

• 2 months later...